GDT: May the Fourth Be With Us Game|CBJ vs Bruins|5-4-19|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I put this on the main board

Local TV ratings for last night's #StanleyCup games:
Columbus (Blue Jackets/Bruins): 15.2
Boston (Blue Jackets/Bruins): 15.1
Denver (Avalanche/Sharks): 9.1
San Jose (Avalanche/Sharks): 3.4

Well done Columbus!
From a business standpoint, this playoff run has and will have some very nice implications for the CBJ.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It's cute? I'm giving you my honest opinion. There is some "Cosmic Jackets-ness" out there, but it's much bigger in our heads than it is for the players. Even then my narrative is not the same as yours. Not to imply that you do, but I've never believed any of that loser mystique crap that ink gets wasted on. To me, why would you even want to "erase 20 years of being the Jackets"? Maybe that's not what you meant, but it's not a thought I relate to. Maybe there's a couple years in there that are worth forgetting, but I can't say I've thought about Scott Arniel much lately, it's not an issue for me.

Think of a guy like Josh Anderson who's played on winning teams every year since he was a kid. He doesn't get here and think about losing all of a sudden. It's only really feeding off the fans energy where the full franchise history has influence on him, and then it's a positive thing. What does it mean for Dzingel, or Kukan? I'll give you it probably means something to Atkinson and Savard, the only two guys to have played with Rick Nash. That was in their rookie season, in 2011-12, yet again their story is much more about the up and down time they've been here. The team hasn't been that bad for any of them. They're 9th in the league in wins since the 2012 lockout.

That's about where they fit in my consciousness - a pretty good young team that has yet to prove they can beat the best when it matters the most. That's a dramatic enough quest for me.

Toni Kallio didn't ring a bell. Google tells me that Tomi Kallio played a dozen games for the Jackets, I don't remember him either.

I’m messing around. Relax. Sorry it was so complicated. I’m sure my typo must have made your day extra difficult too.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Well you love Andy, so it's not important, but Andy did his thing and won a battle on the wall and then fired a hard puck from a bad angle. The rebound went straight to Panarin, who fed Kukan for the tying goal.

Different play, the one he's talking about was with around 4 minutes left. Andy's 2 on 1 fail was after the goal.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Different play, the one he's talking about was with around 4 minutes left. Andy's 2 on 1 fail was after the goal.

I replied about the other play later. The 2 on 1. I think Andy made the right decision to shoot there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’m messing around. Relax. Sorry it was so complicated. I’m sure my typo must have made your day extra difficult too.

Oh I'm fine. We're having fun with this Toni Kallio typo, hope you don't mind.

By the way Tomi Kallio would make a great CBJ trivia answer. I would love to write a bank of trivia questions, with categories like "Fearsome Finns" and the "PEI Mafia".

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Oh I'm fine. We're having fun with this Toni Kallio typo, hope you don't mind.

By the way Tomi Kallio would make a great CBJ trivia answer. I would love to write a bank of trivia questions, with categories like "Fearsome Finns" and the "PEI Mafia".

Cool. Then we can return to the notion of the very real Cosmic Jacket-ness. It doesn’t exist in the minds of the fans nor the players. It exists in the ether, in the thin places.

We have seen little bits and pieces dispelled by different groups of players and other folks through the years but it was too much to fully banish Saturday night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad