GDT: May the Fourth Be With Us Game|CBJ vs Bruins|5-4-19|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well I'd love for Anderson to have it too, but for some of us it is rocket science. I don't have much vision on the ice. You see everything as a spectator but when I'm out there I see a forest of bodies and sticks and my teammates are hard to find.
He's tall, he should have a great vision. :)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He's tall, he should have a great vision. :)

I finally saw the play you guys were complaining about. I think Anderson made the right decision to shoot there. Krug had his stick in the right spot and the chances of Anderson making the tape to tape pass (70%?), without Krug touching it (40%?), are not high enough. Anderson himself is a great finisher from that location, he has to shoot that.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well most of the harmness is gone after couple hours of sleep. Sun rises still here far north. If we drop out for boston then we will, after all this season is a huge victory for this organization. Dont have to put head in to bushes and be ashamed. Everytime losing feels bad and its part of sport. No need to jump another bandwagon when CBJ is out, hockey is out. Lets give a helluva fight in next game and we will see how it ends. FIRE THE CANNON!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think the posters here are trying that. The players, no, they don't even know who Lasse Pirjeta is.

I think it’s cute that you’re pretending there isn’t a certain level of cosmic Jackets-ness built into the franchise and everyone who is a part of it at whatever time. You don’t have to know who Toni Kallio is to be ‘Jackets.’

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Who the hell is Toni Kallio? Sounds like the latest flavor of the week on iHeart radio. :dunno:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Oh, this Toni Kallio

View media item 5107
search

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Ok, what’s our initial impression on Gavrikov ?

He played 14 mins tonight
Looked big and physical. Seemed pretty calm and collected considering the moment.

Still getting used to seeing a #44 suddenly.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Ok, what’s our initial impression on Gavrikov ?

He played 14 mins tonight

I hope, he'll play more than 14 min next game. Him and Savard can be a solid 2nd pair for the playoffs. Of course, this "can be" can last for just a game, but I hope for better. Even if I wouldn't upset, if Team Russia will get Vlad for WHC.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think it’s cute that you’re pretending there isn’t a certain level of cosmic Jackets-ness built into the franchise and everyone who is a part of it at whatever time. You don’t have to know who Toni Kallio is to be ‘Jackets.’

It's cute? I'm giving you my honest opinion. There is some "Cosmic Jackets-ness" out there, but it's much bigger in our heads than it is for the players. Even then my narrative is not the same as yours. Not to imply that you do, but I've never believed any of that loser mystique crap that ink gets wasted on. To me, why would you even want to "erase 20 years of being the Jackets"? Maybe that's not what you meant, but it's not a thought I relate to. Maybe there's a couple years in there that are worth forgetting, but I can't say I've thought about Scott Arniel much lately, it's not an issue for me.

Think of a guy like Josh Anderson who's played on winning teams every year since he was a kid. He doesn't get here and think about losing all of a sudden. It's only really feeding off the fans energy where the full franchise history has influence on him, and then it's a positive thing. What does it mean for Dzingel, or Kukan? I'll give you it probably means something to Atkinson and Savard, the only two guys to have played with Rick Nash. That was in their rookie season, in 2011-12, yet again their story is much more about the up and down time they've been here. The team hasn't been that bad for any of them. They're 9th in the league in wins since the 2012 lockout.

That's about where they fit in my consciousness - a pretty good young team that has yet to prove they can beat the best when it matters the most. That's a dramatic enough quest for me.

Toni Kallio didn't ring a bell. Google tells me that Tomi Kallio played a dozen games for the Jackets, I don't remember him either.

Reactions: Monstershockey

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016
We got what we deserved, if you start playing in last 12 minutes when you are down 2-0 you dont win games often and when you get lucky and your coach doesnt know what to do you will lose... Maybe next year it will be our first home advance serie/s. Gavrikov looked good though, THANKS TORTS for playing Glendennig all those previous games

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The only problem with the comeback is it allows Torts to confirm to himself that the 7 dmen plus Wennberg was a good strategy.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->