Rumor: Max Pacioretty to LA Kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Dubé is one of the most credible pundits in Quebec. The fact that he's coming forward with this, has legs. He's not one to engage in random speculation.

I agree that he's credible, no way Dubé sticks his neck out like that without some concrete information. I just have my doubts as nothing ever leaks. Time will tell for sure.
Moreover, if there is any truth to this, then both clubs must already have an agreement in place.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
There's a promising upside there, although a lot of speculation. Three of them never played in the NHL and Drouin and Domi are still living off their draft pedigree.

Better than what we have now though.
exactly. Upside doesn’t mean guarantee.
Drouin hasn’t exactly lived up to his upside.
Kostitsyn never did.
Before people annoint someone, lets wait to see what happens in the bigs

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Imagine in a couple of years:

Drouin-Vilardi-Zadina
Domi-Poehling-Gallagher

That's a top 6 to build around...

i'd rather have better Center depth. Good winger fall alot more in the draft, they developpe faster and they can be acquired easy.

Kotkaniemi
Vilardi
Poehling

down the middle would be crazy. Zadina is a LW even tho he scores most his goal offwing

Reactions: Redux91 and NoQuinn

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You pray MB trades Max for Vilardi or something, uses #3 on a good prospect and even trades Weber and Price over next season as their value bounces back after injuries/off seasons and we finish low in standings in a spot to make another big draft pick. Would bring this team forward big time if we do it for 2-3 seasons including this one.

Reactions: DAChampion

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Never said he was a bum
Drouin was picked 3rd overall and isn’t exactly a stud. You’ve completely jumped the gun thinking he’s a star. He’s a prospect until he proves different
Drouin will make you eat you're word, noting your username. Kid has too much skills, IQ and speed to fail, he indeed has defensive flaw, hence why he isn't a center. not all NHL studs start their career has near PPG at 22 year old, some needs adaptation. When drouin will be put in the right chair he'll easily be a 70-75pts winger.

Reactions: Redux91

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
i'd rather have better Center depth. Good winger fall alot more in the draft, they developpe faster and they can be acquired easy.

Kotkaniemi
Vilardi
Poehling

down the middle would be crazy. Zadina is a LW even tho he scores most his goal offwing
I prefer Zadina and view him as a RW, as well Vilardi definitely has the highest ceiling of those centers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree that he's credible, no way Dubé sticks his neck out like that without some concrete information. I just have my doubts as nothing ever leaks. Time will tell for sure.
Moreover, if there is any truth to this, then both clubs must already have an agreement in place.

I agree that a deal is in place otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have Pacioretty fly out to LA.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Kotkaniemi
Vilardi
Poehling

Truthfully, Danault is a fringe #2 already so it's not crazy if you got 2 C prospects ahead of him in Vilardi/Kot+Poehling. Adding a 3rd isn't necessary as long as other two pan out.

We'll see.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Drouin will make you eat you're word, noting your username. Kid has too much skills, IQ and speed to fail, he indeed has defensive flaw, hence why he isn't a center. not all NHL studs start their career has near PPG at 22 year old, some needs adaptation. When drouin will be put in the right chair he'll easily be a 70-75pts winger.
Yea. I’ll believe it when I see it
He looked so disinterested this year.
If he can crack 60pts I’ll be happy. 70-75. Yeah I won’t count on it.

Reactions: DAChampion

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Truthfully, Danault is a fringe #2 already so it's not crazy if you got 2 C prospects ahead of him in Vilardi/Kot+Poehling. Adding a 3rd isn't necessary as long as other two pan out.

We'll see.

Danault is a 3 on a good team. On our team he’s a 1 or 2.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it will be fascinating to see what bargain-bin does tomorrow. trading pacioretty for futures means we lost about 50% of our already shitty scoring with 27-67 gone. then what? gally and drouin? this is where it gets tricky. Is he still dealing for ROR? if that's the case, you have to think he's drafting Tkachuk or most probably Zadina. Or else who's scoring? Kot and ROR don't replace the goals lost from 27-67

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Dubé is one of the most credible pundits in Quebec. The fact that he's coming forward with this, has legs. He's not one to engage in random speculation.
I could be wrong but seems like Max already checked out unless I missed it. Typically the Captain would've said goodbye to Chucky and hello to Domi in some capacity, only thing I've seen was from Gallagher, no photo op with Pacs and MB's new acquisition like the last couple of summers

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I agree that a deal is in place otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have Pacioretty fly out to LA.

Still have seen no concrete proof he flew to LA
Even credible journalists get fed bs sometimes
In this day in age they can video chat
It’s not like Max doesn’t know what LA is like
I’ll believe it when I see it

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Danault is a 3 on a good team. On our team he’s a 1 or 2.

Yeah, center heavy teams wouldn’t have him in top 6, that's fine. Still, if Poehling becomes better than Danault and Vilardi/Kot better than Poehling then that's a decent balanced 1-2-3. Not elite, but balanced.

Honestly, we'll see what happens. I say gut this team and stock up.

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Yeah, center heavy teams would've have him in top 6, that's fine. Still, if Poehling becomes better than Danault and Vilardi/Kot better than Poehling then that's a decent balanced 1-2-3. Not elite, but balanced.

Honestly, we'll see what happens. I say gut this team and stock up.
It should be gutted but it won’t be. I can guarantee you , Molson will spend right to the cap
Be prepared for some shit like Perron, Roussel and Pleks
To truly rebuild , price and Weber gotta go

Reactions: LyricalLyricist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes