Rumor: Max Pacioretty to LA Kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
With our capspace I wouldn't be surprise to see Dustin Brown as a cap dump added to the trade

Take Brown or Carter if that means a 1st or an extra prospect. If they suck it helps the tank anyways. In 2 years we could probably dump the contract by retaining if the team ever becomes good LOL.

And you never know maybe you can squeeze another year or two out of those guys. both were pretty decent with LA last year.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Not a chance in hell. He has four years left. Not just 1.

Who cares. Is this team winning the cup in the next 2 years? We will need the capspace at most in like 3 years. By then we can dump him somewhere.

If Habs take Brown that is going to cost LA. That can get us an extra prospect or have them give up their 1st.

Brown would of been our leading scorer last year LOL. Sure its a sad reflection of our team but if LA gives up Vilardi and and JAD so we take on salary its worth it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Habs are not going to get a sure-thing centre prospect for an impending UFA.

Except that there would be no reason for Pacioretty to fly out to LA if he were to remain an impending UFA -- if it works, there will be an extension signed after July 1st.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some people are saying, in the trade forums, that they were fake Twitter accounts that released the scoop?

Someone posted a tweet from a fake account and one of the mods removed it. It has no relevance whatsoever to what Dubé and McGuire have reported.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You rrally believe he’s flying to meet the kings?
Huge grain of salt

If it were McGuire alone saying it, I'd have reservations.

However, Dubé is reporting the same thing -- so yes, I believe it. Dubé is very credible.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I really think Bergevin was hellbent on getting that top C for Pacioretty. And LA said they'd give him up if Pacioretty was signed, sealed, and delivered for an interview and medical.

Vilardi and Zadina would be a dream offseason for me.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's a pretty bold statement given the track record, really hoping you're right

True, that's a fair caveat. There should be a good return based on a Pacioretty extension being envisaged.

However, Bergevin.

That's always the X-Factor.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know Dube will not make things up, but how reliable are his sources? I have my doubts. I mean when was the last time any trade related to Habs was leaked?

Dubé is one of the most credible pundits in Quebec. The fact that he's coming forward with this, has legs. He's not one to engage in random speculation.

StanleyCH25

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
If JAD were a couple days younger he'd be in this draft. Where do you think he'd go? I'd say he'd be the second best centre in the draft. I think allot of people are sleeping on him. He's impressive.

I definitely see his potential but I think his ceiling is too low. I don’t want to give Pacioretty away for a 2nd line two way C. Even if he’s the 2nd best C in this year’s draft, he’s more of a guaranteed hit than a homerun. I’m more interested in the homerun who might strike out but has clear top line potential.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Yo

You have no idea how any of the 3 guys who haven’t played a game yet will turn out
They could be ****
None of them have big time potential

There's a promising upside there, although a lot of speculation. Three of them never played in the NHL and Drouin and Domi are still living off their draft pedigree.

Better than what we have now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad