Rumor: Max Pacioretty to LA Kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Pretty much.

Reason why my guess is this rumour is BS.

i dont know why its bs that much , ya Viliardi is a good prospect but he proved nothing yet , injured alot , Kings are in a windows mode with Kopitar Doughty and the rest.

Sacrifing 1 prospect for a 30 years 30+ goals scorer is not that ''crazy''

Boston gave the moon for a washed up Rick Nash.
idk why a 1st pick + prospect is that much
People think its fantasy hockey on hfboards

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm predicting a good return based on a prospective contract extension.

Question is -- what is a Pacioretty signed long term, worth?

For whom ?

For most, quite a lot. With any semi decent center, he's a lock for 30. He scores off the rush, can snap and wrist it. He's one of the best at turning defense into offense and he plays on the PK. He's a hard worker off ice by all accounts too.

For MB ? Who the hell knows.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Yeah, center heavy teams would've have him in top 6, that's fine. Still, if Poehling becomes better than Danault and Vilardi/Kot better than Poehling then that's a decent balanced 1-2-3. Not elite, but balanced.

Honestly, we'll see what happens. I say gut this team and stock up.

balanced you say?

all 3 center would be good defensively. all great shooters, good visions.
Vilardi would be more of the 2 way center shooter.
Kotkaniemi the smart 2 way playmaker who can also shoot very well
Poehling, the guy whos does everything good but nothing great!

then you got 2 guys young exellent speedy playmaking wingers in domi and drouin,

people need to stop putting numbers next to positions, Who cares if he plays the 3rd line, these are only numbers, most good team now run 3 offensive line, you just need to find those synergie of who works well with who, if you have 3 center who can play defense very well and offense, well good chances are you're attacking more than you're defending!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Pretty much.

Reason why my guess is this rumour is BS.
It probably is, but I think JAD+20+2019 2nd is pretty fair, especially when you consider that they are discussing a contract with him. How sweet would it be if we picked Kravtsov with 20?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For whom ?

For most, quite a lot. With any semi decent center, he's a lock for 30. He scores off the rush, can snap and wrist it. He's one of the best at turning defense into offense and he plays on the PK. He's a hard worker off ice by all accounts too.

For you. Please venture a guess, if you don't mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
For whom ?

Yeah I agree, I feel like Kopitar would be a great Center for Max. Hopefully Rob Blake feels that way too and we can get a decent return from trading Max.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
It probably is, but I think JAD+20+2019 2nd is pretty fair, especially when you consider that they are discussing a contract with him. How sweet would it be if we picked Kravtsov with 20?

I don't think that's enough, but if that's the market... I suppose I would do it... I'm not really sure about JAD's upside

Locks

May 28, 2005
Vilardi is untouchable according to Bernstein who is probably the best LA insider and he has maintained that since the TDL. So we shouldn't waste our time making unrealistic projections. He said that Muzin and another quality asset could be possible though. He also said that Clague has not been discussed in any trade talks. I personally don't want Clague.

Reactions: Redux91

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Vilardi was mentioned as a wishlist, not as a rumored player.
Ah ok, my bad.

For you. Please venture I guess, if you don't mind.

A top prospect + high pick. At minimum, a top 11 pick this year and unless someone I liked from my top 11 and I could grab them for Pacioretty, I'd gamble on trading him at the deadline for 2019 1st.

I just don't see the point in getting a roster player with where the team is at right now. One thing about LA though, is theyre incredibly deep at C with Kopitar and Carter, maybe they can afford to trade Vilardi if we take on a contract. Just dont think its likely.

Reactions: Runner77

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
wonder how far off Muzzin + 20 is value wise for our side, or if at all.

I think Bergevin is going to look for a roster addition ASAP and the 1st round pick. I'm not sure how far off the value is though.

Reactions: Redux91

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Looking at LA's roster, I'd ask for either a 2019 1st rd pick or a 2020 1st rd pick as part of the compensation. LA has an older group and could very well be a lottery team especially if Doughty leaves after the upcoming season.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I still don't see LA giving up young players... but maybe if they are dumb and desperate and think they can take one last run...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Both my curiosity and imagination were piqued by Bergevin's seemingly woeful comment(s) about setting the table for the next GM.

The very best outcome for this draft would be if we discovered in a week or so that Julien BrisBois was arriving to be the next GM of the Montreal Canadiens. He obviously could not have joined sooner; first fulfilling his obligations to the Lightning.

This, along with some fresh young talent, is exactly what we need to start the climb back to being top team, rather than a flop team.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
wonder how far off Muzzin + 20 is value wise for our side, or if at all.

I think Bergevin is going to look for a roster addition ASAP and the 1st round pick. I'm not sure how far off the value is though.

Is Muzzin still any good? What's his contract like?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We should at least get what NYR got for Nash... minimum....

What would be an equivalent haul from LA when compared to what NYR got?

Rick Nash was traded to the Boston Bruins from the New York Rangers on Sunday for forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, Boston's first-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft and its seventh-round pick in 2018.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We should at least get what NYR got for Nash... minimum....
What I said was more than what Nash got. JAD>>Lindgren, 20>Bostons 1st, 2nd<Spooner(depends on what happens next year though). We also don't have to take on a garbage contract.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
What would be an equivalent haul from LA when compared to what NYR got?

Rick Nash was traded to the Boston Bruins from the New York Rangers on Sunday for forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, Boston's first-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft and its seventh-round pick in 2018.

Nash was a rental and a potential resign
The team that will acquire Pacio will resign him.

Even if hes traded tomorrow and we dont hear anything about a signature , They probably verbally agreed to sign if he gets traded.
Ya he can only sign July 1st , but do you think teams dont negotiate before lololo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->