Rumor: Max Pacioretty to LA Kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
i dont know why its bs that much , ya Viliardi is a good prospect but he proved nothing yet , injured alot , Kings are in a windows mode with Kopitar Doughty and the rest.

Sacrifing 1 prospect for a 30 years 30+ goals scorer is not that ''crazy''

Boston gave the moon for a washed up Rick Nash.
idk why a 1st pick + prospect is that much
People think its fantasy hockey on hfboards

No, I think this is the Habs board and that MB is still the Canadiens GM. I'll believe he's made a true team building move when I see it.

Reactions: Redux91

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Nash was a rental and a potential resign
The team that will acquire Pacio will resign him.

Even if hes traded tomorrow and we dont hear anything about a signature , They probably verbally agreed to sign if he gets traded.
Ya he can only sign July 1st , but do you think teams dont negotiate before lololo
And if he’s not traded tomorow , he’s ours for next year.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What would be an equivalent haul from LA when compared to what NYR got?

Rick Nash was traded to the Boston Bruins from the New York Rangers on Sunday for forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, Boston's first-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft and its seventh-round pick in 2018.

20th OA=1st round pick
Spooner = Muzzin
Beleskey=Brown
Lindgren = Claque or JAD
7th rounder maybe MB gets a 6th or 7th.

Not sure if LA sees Brown as a cap dump. Might have to give up on our end a better draft pick to get a better prospect?

If MB has a deal for ROR for the 20th then pull the trigger.

Reactions: Runner77

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I
Ah ok, my bad.

A top prospect + high pick. At minimum, a top 11 pick this year and unless someone I liked from my top 11 and I could grab them for Pacioretty, I'd gamble on trading him at the deadline for 2019 1st.

I just don't see the point in getting a roster player with where the team is at right now. One thing about LA though, is theyre incredibly deep at C with Kopitar and Carter, maybe they can afford to trade Vilardi if we take on a contract. Just dont think its likely.
F they're getting a signed Pacioretty we sure as hell better be getting back Vilardi.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I still don't see LA giving up young players... but maybe if they are dumb and desperate and think they can take one last run...

They can take one last run and they should. Not often you have guys like Kopitar, Doughty and Quick and they all still can play. Carter can probably still be a number 2 for 2 or 3 years if healthy. Their main weakness is probably wings. They are very thin on the wing. When your best winger is Dustin Brown you are in big trouble. Probably need to have a LHD too.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
McGuire said Pacioretty will be meeting with the Kings next week. This means that there will be no deal before the draft. So don’t expect a draft pick from this year. It will be either players swap or 2019 picks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
McGuire said Pacioretty will be meeting with the Kings next week. This means that there will be no deal before the draft. So don’t expect a draft pick from this year. It will be either players swap or 2019 picks.

Makes sense. The rumor says he's meeting with LA management in LA, in the next few days. If he were meeting them sooner, he'd be headed to Dallas, not LA.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

waiting for a seat sale....???

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Makes sense. The rumor says he's meeting with LA management in LA, in the next few days. If he were meeting them sooner, he'd be headed to Dallas, not LA.
Where did they say the next fee days???
I just don’t believe this at all now

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
MB trades Pacioretty for LA 1st and Vilardi

Flips them along with a 2nd to Buffalo for ROR

Drafts Tkachuk 3OA

HF implodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events