Rumor: Max Pacioretty to LA Kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
21rvkv.jpg

The biggest takeaways from Bergevin scrum thread were these tweets posted by Milhouse40, Adam Michaels and The Great Schlemko (future Habs GM):

Who has it right: Bernstein or Dubé?

Given the new info provided by Martin McGuire on 98.5FM just now, looking like Danny Dubé's info is accurate.

McGuire says that at the TDL, the Pens were the closest to acquire Pacioretty. Now they were looking to trade Kessel in order to take a stab at Pacioretty. They may yet come circling back in but they aren't the closest to landing Pacioretty.

McGuire says that the most serious suitor are the LA Kings. He confirms that the Kings have been given permission to discuss with Pacioretty directly, which should occur in the next few days. McGuire asserts that Pacioretty will be flying to LA to meet with Kings management.

I have been skeptical about Martin McGuire as none of the rumors he's written about, have panned out. However, Dubé's comments are giving this credibility.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'm no Bergevin basher and I try to stay pretty positive, but I'll f***in lose it if there isn't a center coming back in this deal.

Reactions: Redux91

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Max for Vilardi and Claque... make it happen Bergy lol

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Good place for him. Excellent supporting cast and a team in desperate need for offence with a good amount of prospects. It makes a lot of sense.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MaxPac will fit right in. Everyone on the Kings is 6 feet or taller.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
The most interesting prospects in teams that would be a good fit for Patches come either from L.A. or Florida, and Florida has Hoffman now... but... it just feels like a repeat of the trade deadline...

Reactions: Runner77

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Rules for MB to follow here:
* it's 2018, not 2014, so no Dustin Brown, Jeff Carter
* get younger players, picks or prospects. Muzzin only slightly younger than Max, so too old.
* no more wingers

Reactions: bsl

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Sounds promising, Vilardi should be a prime target, but I have a feeling Bergevin just dropped his price and the rumors followed. (So no Vilardi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad