Player Discussion Max Pacioretty discussion part VII: Maximus Decimus Tradius Valus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's my point really. Why wasn't he happy to re-sign in Montreal? Bergevin and his henchmen have done a fine job of alienating, disrespecting and losing players. They have made the Habs a team to avoid. 7 years to get from the "Class of the NHL" to a goddam pariah.

When you treat people like **** and do it in public, people eventually catch on. Not to mention wallowing in the sewer of the league.

The following head shake isn't for you TLTQ. It's for the " le saboteur tout les jour" himself. :shakehead

I think the reasons why Patch wants a large contract are different than what you think vs what I think. Patch wants a large contract from the Habs and any other team. I don't believe management has nothing to do with it. It's about Patch wanting to cash in on his next contract and based on his accomplishments up to this point.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think the reasons why Patch wants a large contract are different than what you think vs what I think. Patch wants a large contract from the Habs and any other team. I don't believe management has nothing to do with it. It's about Patch wanting to cash in on his next contract and based on his accomplishments up to this point.

Sure and most teams re-sign their impending free agents, unless they are cap busted. We aren't.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
There's just too many gambles in your plan to my taste. You're gambling on Julien being relegated before his term and you're also gambling on the center crop we have to gain chemistry with a winger who arguably only ever had chemistry with DD. We've done a lot of gambling in recent years and I would rather put that effort in a good rebuilding session. A 1st at the deadline is enough for me, if not you'll have to wait until July 1st, because I seriously doubt that Alan Walsh will not push his client to UFA and that's when the habs are done with Patches.

I'm well aware that the draft is a gamble as well, but it's a gamble on a 17-18 years old.

If Julien gets no results and management stick with him, then the issue really has nothing to do with Pacioretty at all.

Getting rid of the blob and replacing him with a different approach will revitalize the entire offence.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sure and most teams re-sign their impending free agents, unless they are cap busted. We aren't.

I'm OK with a 5 or 6 year term with Patch at $8M AAV. 7 or 8 years would concern me cause I believe that is when start needing our cap space again and Patch is on the wrong side of 35

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Of course he wants a contract. He's been a top scoring LW in the NHL for years. Why would he sign with a team who thinks he's the "worst Captain in team history" and regularly treats star players like crap?

Lucic, Perron, Stastny, Tavares, and many others that don't come immediately to mind, want nothing to do with the Habs. Others that did, Markov and Radulov, were treated like garbage.

Montreal is a hockey destination now like the Gulag Archipalego is a holiday destination.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Of course he wants a contract. He's been a top scoring LW in the NHL for years. Why would he sign with a team who thinks he's the "worst Captain in team history" and regularly treats star players like crap?

Lucic, Perron, Stastny, Tavares, and many others that don't come immediately to mind, want nothing to do with the Habs. Others that did, Markov and Radulov, were treated like garbage.

Montreal is a hockey destination now like the Gulag Archipalego is a holiday destination.

Lucic is on record at saying he was close to signing with the Habs but decided to play with the Oilers and a better situation with McDavid. I think the lack of interest with signing with the Habs has a lot to do with our team direction

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If Julien gets no results and management stick with him, then the issue really has nothing to do with Pacioretty at all.

Getting rid of the blob and replacing him with a different approach will revitalize the entire offence.
Wonder how much influence, if any, that Dom Ducharme will have on Julien...

You have to think that he knows that he's probably in line to take his job if things don't change quickly.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Lucic is on record at saying he was close to signing with the Habs but decided to play with the Oilers and a better situation with McDavid. I think the lack of interest with signing with the Habs has a lot to do with our team direction

That's some kind of coup for Bergevin - runner up in the Looch sweepstakes? The Oilers and Habs were the only teams willing to give him that absurd term and salary. Any surprise those GMs tied for Disaster Artist designation?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I was hoping we could get one of Makar / Hague / Clague in a deal involving Pacioretty. We badly need to fill that high potential LD we lost in Sergachev, and Pacioretty is our only asset that could do it. I swear to god if Bergervin trades him for some bum prospect or let’s him walk it’ll be the final straw in a series of colossal fails by him.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Oh I agree that the problem is not Pacioretty at all. The guy can be a pretty damn good winger given the good environment. The problem is I don't think Bergevin will ever be able to replicate that good environment and be consistently competitive. I'm not sure anybody could do this with the current roster. That's why I'm more on the side of rebuilding at the cost of sacrificing Patches. We'll get a good center depth and then we can think of signing younger scoring wingers.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty "i've known allan for a couple of years now!"

Alan Walsh "i didn't realy know max at all before we started working together'

Reactions: vokiel

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Pacioretty "i've known allan for a couple of years now!"

Alan Walsh "i didn't realy know max at all before we started working together'

I think Pac meant to say, we all know that Walsh is the dickhead that tried to stir up shit on twitter when Halak and Price were our goalies.

Reactions: jaffy27

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
I want MB to take the best offer he can get for Patches, before the pre-season begins. It's not going to be good for anyone, if Max is with the team come mid-September.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I want MB to take the best offer he can get for Patches, before the pre-season begins. It's not going to be good for anyone, if Max is with the team come mid-September.

Nope , wait to trade him until the best deal comes our way. No reason to trade him while his theoretical value is low.

He's not some locker room cancer , we just aren't happy with certain parts of his game , doesn't make him a virus that we have to get rid of at any cost...

Especially if he ends up having a great year , extending him or trading at the deadline are both better options than giving him away for Skinner like return...

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Oh I agree that the problem is not Pacioretty at all. The guy can be a pretty damn good winger given the good environment. The problem is I don't think Bergevin will ever be able to replicate that good environment and be consistently competitive. I'm not sure anybody could do this with the current roster. That's why I'm more on the side of rebuilding at the cost of sacrificing Patches. We'll get a good center depth and then we can think of signing younger scoring wingers.

We just drafted at #3 and aren't even sure that the guy we got will be as good as Pacioretty has been.

If we trade Pacioretty for a first-rounder, which is not even a sure thing, it is likely and mid to late pick, as the bottom feeders aren't in the hunt for him.

I'd rather take the chance that out of the many guys we have drafted or acquired, a couple break out and JOIN our already good players to make us a contender, rather than add SCORING WINGER to the list of finds we need to come up with.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

It's REALLY not going to be good for the team if Bergevin and Julien are with the team, but that is not a reason to make dumb moves as a result.

The deadweight, poor attitude leaders will be gone sooner or later, and the more talented players we have to hit the ground running when new blood comes in, the better.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We just drafted at #3 and aren't even sure that the guy we got will be as good as Pacioretty has been.

If we trade Pacioretty for a first-rounder, which is not even a sure thing, it is likely and mid to late pick, as the bottom feeders aren't in the hunt for him.

I'd rather take the chance that out of the many guys we have drafted or acquired, a couple break out and JOIN our already good players to make us a contender, rather than add SCORING WINGER to the list of finds we need to come up with.
Well given what Pacioretty is worth right now, finding a scoring winger shouldn't really be that difficult. It's a choice between the two. I'm choosing to gamble on youth and a rebuild, others make the other choice and a retool, which is just mythical imho. Rebuilds work we've seen it, but for that you need a lot of quality picks and a quality pick is just a pick you make before other teams.

Reactions: bsl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad