Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Emotional players should never reign in their emotions. It also isn't possible at this point. If he was 15 playing Midget you might be able to, but he's 23 and this style of play has got him this far. He won't change lol.
You take the good with the bad with Domi for sure. I would never want him to change. This Habs team needs a spark from time to time and Domi can provide that. Great team guy

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You take the good with the bad with Domi for sure. I would never want him to change. This Habs team needs a spark from time to time and Domi can provide that. Great team guy
they can do that by the way they play, see Gallagher
the fighting stuff like yesterday he does just for the show, it's fake. I mean, he's f***ing mad and 5 sec later he's all smile joking with opponent(s) ?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He's like Gallagher but with more finesse and he can fight but less willing to go in all the dirty areas like Gallagher does day in/out.

Almost like twins seperated at birth one from a humble working class family and the other from a more wealthy family. I'll let you guess who's who...:sarcasm:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He's like Gallagher but with more finesse and he can fight but less willing to go in all the dirty areas like Gallagher does day in/out.

Almost like twins seperated at birth one from a humble working class family and the other from a more wealthy family. I'll let you guess who's who...:sarcasm:
huh... so he's not like Gallagher :skeptic:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Dude do not piss off Domi, he thrives on it. He hated Florida and made them pay. I would have loved to have him when we were pummeled by the Bruins in 2011. He would have murdered them with goals and fists.

Pummeled? we were one goal away from winning that series, hell, Ryder's glove saved the Bs from losing when Plekanec had the open net. Price's numbers in the series were even better than TT, who went on to win the Conn Smythe. You add Domi to that 2011 team and we win in 6. I think the 2011 Habs could have had a great run and they were the only team that I think could have beat the Bs that year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
they can do that by the way they play, see Gallagher
the fighting stuff like yesterday he does just for the show, it's fake. I mean, he's ****ing mad and 5 sec later he's all smile joking with opponent(s) ?

That's cause he's cunning. :naughty:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Pummeled? we were one goal away from winning that series, hell, Ryder's glove saved the Bs from losing when Plekanec had the open net. Price's numbers in the series were even better than TT, who went on to win the Conn Smythe. You add Domi to that 2011 team and we win in 6. I think the 2011 Habs could have had a great run and they were the only team that I think could have beat the Bs that year.

During the season

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What do you guys think he gets cap hit wise for his extension? And do you think it happens this summer?

Unless it's long term at a sweetheart cap hit (<5.5M) there's no reason to get it done this summer. He's an RFA after this deal, so might as well see what he can do in consecutive years before giving him a big payday.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Unless it's long term at a sweetheart cap hit (<5.5M) there's no reason to get it done this summer. He's an RFA after this deal, so might as well see what he can do in consecutive years before giving him a big payday.
Drouin and Shaw traded for by this GM, both got sweet deals, I expect Domi to be very well paid, nego will start July 1st.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Needs to control his emotions

I think EVERY team in the NHL wants a productive player who "plays on the edge."

One of the downsides of that, is occasionally they fall on the other side of that edge on what is acceptable or not.

It's the price you pay for the benefit of that emotion. In Domi's case, I'll take the smirks or punching Ekblad in the face to get the rest of intangibles and benefits he has brought to the team so far.

Reactions: DangerDave

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yep dont get the hate on Mete, he is doing quite fine for a 20 yrs old kid, some people expect perfection from our d core when the prob is clearly up front where the Habs badly lack top end players... Domi is a left winger playing center, Danault is a third line center playing in a top 6 role and Kotkaniemi is only 18... On the wings, depth is fine on our top 3 lines but we clearly lack top end skills, I like Gallagher and Tatar but when they are your best wingers, you know something is wrong... Drouin has skills but he is soft as butter and useless on most nights... Worst PP in the league says everything...

When a player plays out of position, it is usually a reason to explain his lower production. In Domi's case, he is producing at a 70 point pace, best ever. On a team which, like you say, has no elite winger scorers. Maybe with his attributes, Domi IS REALLY a center, and just needs to learn faceoff tricks or have a winger like Shaw or Gallagher take some of them.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
When a player plays out of position, it is usually a reason to explain his lower production. In Domi's case, he is producing at a 70 point pace, best ever. On a team which, like you say, has no elite winger scorers. Maybe with his attributes, Domi IS REALLY a center, and just needs to learn faceoff tricks or have a winger like Shaw or Gallagher take some of them.
He was scoring at an impressive pace with Drouin on his wing at the start of the season but his production has slowed down a good bit lately, still, I think he is doing a decent job overall down the middle but I think ultimately when Kotka is ready to assume a bigger role and that Poehling is ready for top 6 duties, then we could think about moving him back to wing since Kotka Poehling and Danault are more natural centers than Domi...

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He was scoring at an impressive pace with Drouin on his wing at the start of the season but his production has slowed down a good bit lately, still, I think he is doing a decent job overall down the middle but I think ultimately when Kotka is ready to assume a bigger role and that Poehling is ready for top 6 duties, then we could think about moving him back to wing since Kotka Poehling and Danault are more natural centers than Domi...

No. Domi is best carrying the puck up the middle and having two sides to pass to. He and Kotkaniemi will be our two offensive centers and Danault and Poehling our two-way centers.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
No. Domi is best carrying the puck up the middle and having two sides to pass to. He and Kotkaniemi will be our two offensive centers and Danault and Poehling our two-way centers.
Possible that Domi stays down the middle and has a good carreer there... Being a strong 200 ft. center doesnt necessary prevent you from top lines duties if your skills level are high enough... Personally I think Domi can use his deceptive speed even more on the wing, we will see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad