Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Bergevin better not sign him immediately. Wait another season first, there is no rush.

Yeah I think signing now would be the equivalent of buying high. If he can hit 65+ points next year playing center then he deserves his money.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
At the end of next year, we are going to have to pay Max some big money if he keeps this up (Playing #1C to boot). I'm talking ~8M maybe more.

The problem is, the following year, we hit a massive cap crunch. In 2021, after the first year of Domi's next contract, we have these guys up for new contracts.

Kotkaniemi - He's going to get some money, he's playing this well now, imagine in two full years.

Danault - I think by this point he'll have earned a pretty significant raise from the 3M he makes now.

Gallagher - Like Danault, he will finally come in for his payday, 30 goal scorer and looks like he'll do it again this year. Making 3.75??

Drouin - We'll see with Drouin if he deserves more money, I'd be hesitant to give him a big term deal, but he's gonna get some $$.

And a few more, all while having Shaw, Alzner, Price, Weber still on the books.

Edit: Not trying to be negative, but there's always a price to be paid when players play beyond expectations. Especially when, as in our case, they are all up for a new deal soon.

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Domi has been great this season but I really wish he would stop with the dumb stuff and focus on hockey. His penalty on Draisitl was a joke and completely unnecessary. Especially the way our PK was playing today.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Domi has been great this season but I really wish he would stop with the dumb stuff and focus on hockey. His penalty on Draisitl was a joke and completely unnecessary. Especially the way our PK was playing today.

yeah but those mind games can have a longer range impact. like for future games.. be aware Domi will make your life miserable if he wants to, you better remember it.

so as long as its not like a crucial game i cant really blame him that much.. its also in the genes poor Tie. lol

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
At the end of next year, we are going to have to pay Max some big money if he keeps this up (Playing #1C to boot). I'm talking ~8M maybe more.

The problem is, the following year, we hit a massive cap crunch. In 2021, after the first year of Domi's next contract, we have these guys up for new contracts.

Kotkaniemi - He's going to get some money, he's playing this well now, imagine in two full years.

Danault - I think by this point he'll have earned a pretty significant raise from the 3M he makes now.

Gallagher - Like Danault, he will finally come in for his payday, 30 goal scorer and looks like he'll do it again this year. Making 3.75??

Drouin - We'll see with Drouin if he deserves more money, I'd be hesitant to give him a big term deal, but he's gonna get some $$.

Edit: Not trying to be negative, but there's always a price to be paid when players play beyond expectations. Especially when, as in our case, they are all up for a new deal soon.

Luckily they are all signed beyond this year (all beyond next year too except for Domi) so we still have plenty of time to see if they can improve or keep playing like they do right now. We are in a good cap situation despite of some bad contracts.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal

Thats why our draft and our pool prospect is important. Thats where you expect atleast some of Ylonen,Suzuki,Ikonen,Olofsson,brook,Romanov,Fleury & future draftee to be able to have some kind of impact and replace some of them older player production at a cheap price.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Let's hope it stays this way. It wouldn't kill us to win a 1 for 1 trade for once.
I liked and still like Chucky but this was such a huge win for MB....uh I mean the Habs that it's ridiculous. Aside from his great play on the ice, this kid brings an element to the dressing room that helps bring life to the team. You can see it in the Domi Mic'ed Up video that was posted in early posts.

I said earlier this year that I didn't think Domi has proven he is a #1 because he isn't consistent. Well, I was wrong. His defence is second only to Danault on the team when it comes to centers and his offence is.....well...tied for 46th OA and 25th among all centermen. If that ain't #1 stats then Crosby is a bum when it comes to hockey.

(Incidently, I hope I'm wrong about Koko not being a #1. Imagine having two #1s in a couple of years. Okay, on that thought I'm gonna go have a wet dream. Two #1 centers!)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This trade changed the team more than any other trade. He brings an element of skill and toughness that was sorely needed

Reactions: Habs Icing

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Don't worry, Bergevin will find a way to try and short change some of them so they'll be plenty around to fully pay the least talented and deserving of the bunch

Jul 6, 2016
This trade changed the team more than any other trade. He brings an element of skill and toughness that was sorely needed

Speed and great attitude, too.

He gave a great interview Sunday night on Radio-Canada TV at "Tout le monde en parle", a weekly show watched (usually) by 1,5 million people. He talked a lot about health condition and the discipline needed to live with it on a daily basis.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Domi to me is better suited to the 2nd line rather than the first. If he's your 2nd line center you're in very good shape. If he's your number one, you're not going to really go anywhere.

Very impressed by him. He's got heart but he needs to keep his emotions in check.

My hope is that KK becomes the number one we've been looking for. If he does, then we'll be in really good shape at center going forward.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Let's hope it stays this way. It wouldn't kill us to win a 1 for 1 trade for once.
Well Drouin is out producing Sergachev and by far

Domi out producing Galchenyuk by double

Weber has the same amount of points as Subban in 6 less games but has double the goals.

Tatar out producing Pacioretty

As much as we wanted to poke fun at Bergevin when the roles were reversed, we definitely have the upper hand this year.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Domi to me is better suited to the 2nd line rather than the first. If he's your 2nd line center you're in very good shape. If he's your number one, you're not going to really go anywhere.

Very impressed by him. He's got heart but he needs to keep his emotions in check.

My hope is that KK becomes the number one we've been looking for. If he does, then we'll be in really good shape at center going forward.

... Actually, he could also play wing on the first line for all I care.
But Domi isn't good enough to be a #1C on a cup winner.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Weber has the same amount of points as Subban in 6 less games but has double the goals.

As much as we wanted to poke fun at Bergevin when the roles were reversed, we definitely have the upper hand this year.
Sergachev is still younger and plays the far more valuable position.

I'm taking Subban over Weber every single day of the week. Even if they are even, it can't be a 1 for 1 because Weber is older and has a worse contract. Had to get something to compensate for that.

Tatar wasn't a one for one trade.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Sergachev is still younger and plays the far more valuable position.

I'm taking Subban over Weber every single day of the week. Even if they are even, it can't be a 1 for 1 because Weber is older and has a worse contract. Had to get something to compensate for that.

Tatar wasn't a one for one trade.
Ya, but today, Drouin is better than Sergachev, there’s no denying that. There’s no excuse for him to be doubled in goals by Jordie Benn.

I still like Sergachev but Drouin is better today.

You’re right about Tatar, I was looking at NHL players involved and it was my player for your player, but we got a Grade A prospect to boot with Columbus’s 2nd, it’s an even bigger win

Subban is slowing down big time, like literally slowing down.

I’m taking Weber over Subban but that’s me, I’m not gonna say who’s right or wrong here.

Reactions: Deebs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

One can't possibly keep comparing Weber and Subban and not acknowledge a 4-year difference (3 years 9 months averaged out) between them. Age regression and careers ending sooner on account of age, are real things. For Weber to eradicate Subban, he'd need to outproduce him badly, to make up for that 4 year difference that the GM foolishly did not obtain an offset for. Also, I'd argue that Subban is not 100%, so him not producing at Weber's level over the rest of the season would not be a surprise.

Also, about Sergachev, he's still young, only his 2nd season and plays a premium position. How many seasons does Drouin have under his belt? Let's see where Sergachev is at when he's been in the league 5 years.

Tatar: 53 gp, 16G, 23A for 39 points vs Pacioretty: 41 games, 16G, 13A for 29 points. Pax is at a .71 PPG pace vs. .74 PPG for Tatar. It's not a win for Bergevin stats wise so far, however, on an overall basis, it's definitely a Bergevin win if you include Suzuki and the pick, which then makes it a Bergevin win not just this year but beyond.

Let's look at Galchenyuk: 41 gp, 8g, 17a for 25 points. .61PPG vs. Domi: 53 gp, 17g, 30a for 47 points. .89PPG. Domi wins it but not just on points -- plays top 6C, 200 foot game. Just to be more accurate, Domi is not outproducing Galchenyuk by "double", based on PPG.

Now, I totally understand that your comment has to do with how Bergevin has the "upper hand this year". If that's the case, then your clear winners this year are Drouin and Domi IMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad