Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I can write a 500 words well written post in about 15-30 minutes, depending on what I am talking about and if I have references to add.

A lot of posters here can do that. 500 words is pretty short. Just admit it's hyperbole to say it takes hours to write 500 words of something legitimate on a hockey forum.

Time and legitimacy aside, 500 words is as likely not to be widely read due to the length.

Right or wrong, the Internet prefers terseness over accuracy. Even moreso, the Internet hates dissenting opinions since most people do not like to have their beliefs challenged.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Time and legitimacy aside, 500 words is as likely not to be widely read due to the length.

Right or wrong, the Internet prefers terseness over accuracy. Even moreso, the Internet hates dissenting opinions since most people do not like to have their beliefs challenged.

The origin of this, is that I'll have to write a 500-word essay at the end of the season, to discuss why I was wrong about Galchenyuk. That was my idea for a bet.

Anti-intellectual posters have been taking a dump on the idea, but I prefer that kind of bet to betting money. I would never bet money on this forum regardless of how right I thought that I was, as I think that betting money on sports is immoral. On the other hand, writing an essay discussing why one was wrong can be a good learning experience.

I just wrote a 400-word post on Price in the Price thread there, where I'm acknowledging an error:
Player Discussion - Carey Price: Longest Tenured Hab
It took me under ten minutes to put together. It wasn't some catastrophic hardship.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You can still work hard even when you're tired... You just may not be as effective. This might just be the silliest argument I've ever had on these boards.
Dumbest argument of the year IMO... talking in absolutes, tryting to tell there's people who ALWAYS do this ot that...

yeah sure :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HabsGifs

Follow me on twitter! @HabsGifs
Jan 29, 2009
Dominator.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's Max Domi Bobblehead Night tonight, as I've just heard on 690.

Their father/son Habs-themed moments look like a lot of fun.

2r7w02.gif

Reactions: Heffyhoof
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad