Confirmed with Link: Max Domi sent back to the OHL.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Just had to add: What a huge, massive, monumental **** you to the fans!

There is soooooo little for the fans to enjoy with this team, and management is saying "We know you suckers will pay for anything!"... I'd give anything to see you AZ fans begin a campaign to fire Don Maloney. This is a fireable mistake... and no, I'm not overstating it. Nashville fans finally had enough of Trotz's bull and this year will be the most exciting year for them in recent memory. Please, do the same.

Maybe Tippett hated Tie back in the day...? At least it would be an explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I guess the natural move here is to trade Domi for a D prospect that's at the end of his line.

This seems about par for the leadership of this organization:

To :leafs
Max Domi

To :coyotes
Stuart Percy
TOR 2015 2nd

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Can guarantee you that domi demands a trade. What mismanagement this club has.

Disappointed as much as the rest of you, but odds are this this doesn't happen. Domi had a good camp, but as mentioned, he didn't blow everyone away.

This is a combination of a bad rule and (in my opinion) a bad decision. One less thing to look forward to.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Perlini is still in camp at least. Right? ....right?

This is terrible news. I hope GMDM had a good talk with Domi and ensured him he would have an excellent chance next season. But right now it looks like Domi will be in the AHL next season. Hope there is a trade coming but I don't expect it at all. What a shame. Have to hope Domi doesn't get frustrated or this could get very ugly.

You can not rush rookies. We made this mistake in the past and DM is not going to make it again. I think this is the right decision.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Maybe Tippett hated Tie back in the day...? At least it would be an explanation.

Absurdity is absurd. It was a (bad?) hockey decision. We have no reason to believe anything in the matter was personal, either from Domi, or Tippett, or Maloney.

Think like an adult.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I can't. Domi didn't blow the doors off the building like Colorado's McKinnon.

What more does domi have to prove in junior hockey? He was a last cut last year and albeit didn't play out of this world this camp, he atleast deserves 9 games.

It's typical mismanagement by the club. It's the same song and dance with high first round forwards here. (Mueller, turris)

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Tip likes the praise he gets for coaching junk teams and taking them to levels they never should have got to. Bringing in real talent takes the spot light off him and puts it on the star players and his ego does not seem to allow that.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
You can not rush rookies. We made this mistake in the past and DM is not going to make it again. I think this is the right decision.

Rushing Domi would have been throwing him into Top 6 minutes last season. Gretzky rushed multiple young prospects like Turris and Boedker at the same time with little veteran support on the roster. Not the same thing today.

This isn't rushing, this is non-sensical procrastination.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013

Good luck with the upcoming onslaught.

As disappointed as I am, I could be convinced to be on your side. I mean, I've seen it the other way when youth was horribly mismanaged and rushed.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
The point is not even that Max deserved to b eon the roster for the full season. But it's absurd that he didn't even get the 9 game tryout- after all the talk this summer.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Absurdity is absurd. It was a (bad?) hockey decision. We have no reason to believe anything in the matter was personal, either from Domi, or Tippett, or Maloney.

Think like an adult.

Were Maloney and Tippett thinking like adults with regard to Riberio? Bring on someone who shouldn't have been here in the 1st place while having a buyout that counts against the cap for the next 6 seasons?

Oh I'm sorry! We should ignore any incompetence by those 2 because of 1 WCF visit and 1 division title even though we haven't made the playoffs the last 2 seasons. :shakehead

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tip likes the praise he gets for coaching junk teams and taking them to levels they never should have got to. Bringing in real talent takes the spot light off him and puts it on the star players and his ego does not seem to allow that.

I'm as mad as anyone (I thought), but that's a little far. It's more that Tippett doesn't think he should have to develop young players. And that he's comfortable with the grind it out guys he has, rather than young players who will make mistakes. The thing is that the young players aren't making any more mistakes than the guys he has, and their upside if they are given time to adjust is so much greater than a Chipchura-type.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I usually fall on the side of conservatism with rookie players, but Domi's particular case I think he's picking up some seriously bad habits in juniors and they need to be ironed out of him ASAP. Normally, you'd put him in the A to do that but because of the junior rule it can't be done.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Any word from either of the two fools running this team? Love to hear their reasoning.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I'm as mad as anyone (I thought), but that's a little far. It's more that Tippett doesn't think he should have to develop young players. And that he's comfortable with the grind it out guys he has, rather than young players who will make mistakes. The thing is that the young players aren't making any more mistakes than the guys he has, and their upside if they are given time to adjust is so much greater than a Chipchura-type.
Obviously I don't believe that. It was sarcasm but yeah I am ticked. This team was horrible to watch last year and it just got more boring for this year. I am losing interest.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Any word from either of the two fools running this team? Love to hear their reasoning.

This isn't official yet. I'm hoping beyond hope it's a false rumor, but as it was leaked by Mac I'm not expecting much.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Rushing Domi would have been throwing him into Top 6 minutes last season. Gretzky rushed multiple young prospects like Turris and Boedker at the same time with little veteran support on the roster. Not the same thing today.

This isn't rushing, this is non-sensical procrastination.

He's 19 years old! He has not proven he belongs, yet.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Who cares if we finish last? We'll draft McDavid, and throw him back to Erie for two years, then the AHL for one, and claim we're "developing" him.

When was the last time a Coyote played 60 games his rookie season? Serious question.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Talk about over reacting. Everyone has to cool off. Everyone was cool letting Gormley and Summers develop in the minors for years but not Domi returning to junior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad