Confirmed with Link: Max Domi sent back to the OHL.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I just don't get it. Does anyone who's sane actually believe in this roster? What exactly are we trying to accomplish here?

If we're going to suck, let the kids play.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Something just doesn't add up here. Maybe when Maloney said we'd get younger, he meant by getting McDavid :naughty:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I really think we are going for the tank. They don't want to waste a year of Domi ' s contract on a lost year and intend to have stay once we get one of the big two... This is where I'm at right now. I'm sad.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Good grief. We're not even keeping the young guys that we were using last season.

I've been a lower bowl season ticket holder for ten years. And today is the first day in all of that time - through Friends of Gretzky, bankruptcy, Ice Edge, Balsillie, Goldwater Institute, Glendale City Council, irate Canadians, etc. - that I have actually thought that I wasted my money.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
There's a lottery for each of the top-3 picks this year.

If we finished with the worst record in the league, I guarantee you we would lose all 3 lotteries, for each of the top 3 picks, and then with the 4th. overall pick, we would select a defenseman with the most question marks out of anybody available in the top-10.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tippet is the wrong damn coach to tank with.

He's such a good coach. I wish GMDM would just say, "These are your guys. Coach them". I know he'd probably play Doan 40 minutes a night and still not give Lessio or Rieder ice time, but someone has to save Tipp from himself.

All the talk. Younger, faster, more skilled, change is needed. And THIS is where we end up? How did we derail so fast? This is really the group you think gives us the best chance to win? How do you come to that conclusion?! We are worse than we were last year. None of the changes have been upgrades. :rant:

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Guys it's alright I have a plan.

Fire Tip and I'll fly down to coach the team for the year. We'll have Doan practicing his slam dunks, bring biz back to run team bowling lessons instead of practicing, and OEL can stand in the back modeling underwear. During games we will dress Moss, and only Moss. But I'll make him play with a ringette stick to practice his hand eye co-ordination.

I honestly think I've lost my mind.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I admit I only watched a couple of the pre season games but from what I saw this was the correct decision. I saw nothing from Domi to suggest that he deserved top 6 minutes and without those he should be sent to a lower level to develop more. He was rather average with the puck and his lack of energy in the back check needs to improve. Why waste a year of his ELC to play less than 10 minutes a night?? To compare him to MacKinnon is laughable at best. Watch both play Jr and you will quickly see that. And at the NHL level the difference is even easier to see.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
All the talk. Younger, faster, more skilled, change is needed. And THIS is where we end up? How did we derail so fast? This is really the group you think gives us the best chance to win? How do you come to that conclusion?! We are worse than we were last year. None of the changes have been upgrades. :rant:
Biz for Crombeen is an upgrade.
The version of Ribeiro that was here last year for Gagner is an upgrade.
Klesla for Gormley is an upgrade if that happens. Is that still happening?

That said, don't think this is enough to get us into the playoffs.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
There's a lottery for each of the top-3 picks this year.

If we finished with the worst record in the league, I guarantee you we would lose all 3 lotteries, for each of the top 3 picks, and then with the 4th. overall pick, we would select a defenseman with the most question marks out of anybody available in the top-10.

The top 3 pick lottery goes into effect in 2016.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
holy reactions..Max wasn't ready for NHL and there was no other place to go. Hold him till March? Rotting on the bench / press box? Let him dominate juniors again and join the rest of the youth next season. Domi probably had a long discussion with DM about this and he may be upset initially but he will come to terms with it.

One more year wont kill him an this is probably not the first time a scenario played out like this.

Relax

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
With the other cuts just made today this website is going to get fun!!!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Biz for Crombeen is an upgrade.
The version of Ribeiro that was here last year for Gagner is an upgrade.
Klesla for Gormley is an upgrade if that happens. Is that still happening?

That said, don't think this is enough to get us into the playoffs.

Ribeiro for Gagner is at best a wash -- at least on the ice. I'm sure he's a much nicer guy to have in the room than Ribs.
Gormley just got demoted.
Dubnyk for Griese is not an upgrade.
Vrbata for Erat is not an upgrade.
Crombeen is an upgrade on Biz, and for those 3 minutes a night, we'll be marginally better than last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad