Confirmed with Link: Max Domi sent back to the OHL.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
No outrage here... just a kind of sad "I told you so" feeling welling up in my stomach. Like I said before, the progression from what GMDM and Tippett say at the start of camp and what happens by opening night is so predictable.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That is shocking really. Who out duelled him for a roster spot?

Hodgeman or Lessio? I had Domi penciled in for 15 G and 30 PTS this year. This does enable us to hold his rightsduring what I would term "more productive years". Ideally he would be heading to the AHL.

I do like that he will be on Team Canada at the U20's this year. That's good for him. I suspect he'll be moved from London this year (Erie?). A 4th consecutive run in a Memorial Cup?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
No outrage here... just a kind of sad "I told you so" feeling welling up in my stomach. Like I said before, the progression from what GMDM and Tippett say at the start of camp and what happens by opening night is so predictable.

I'm floored. Domi is close to being ready. Outrage is too strong of a word but I am anxiously waiting Maloney's presser for an explanation.

All I can say is for Maloney and Tippet on their roster selections. You better be right. Playoffs or Bottom 5 pick. Anywhere inbetween is no-man's land.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Domi back to London?!?

You have gotta be ******* kidding me. Domi is as NHL-ready as a rookie could be. Sure, he's not absolutely dominating, but he certainly didn't look anywhere near lost out there in the preseason against men. Solid positioning, good 200 foot hustle and battle along the boards in addition to his obvious puck skills.

So we're looking more at

Doan - Vermette - Boedker
Korpikoski - Hanzal - Erat
Klinkhammer - Hodgeman - Gagner
Chipchura - Vitale - Moss
Crombeen

Ugh.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I'm floored. Domi is close to being ready. Outrage is too strong of a word but I am anxiously waiting Maloney's presser for an explanation.

All I can say is for Maloney and Tippet on their roster selections. You better be right. Playoffs or Bottom 5 pick. Anywhere inbetween is no-man's land.

I have very little excitement going into the season now unless the deal Rabbit said Maloney was putting together with an eastern team is big but I highly doubt that. I too am interested in what Maloney will have to say but Hodgeman must certainly be making it now.

If it was me, I think I would have gone with the the youth this season and let the the chips fall where they may. I cannot bring myself to believe Chip, Klink, and company are a better option than Hodgeman, Domi, Lesio, and to a lesser extent, Reider. I am not sure what Tip and GMDM are thinking here. How can we go with the same line up as last year and expect better results? Isn't that Einstein's definition of insanity? Or they must really want McDavid or Eichel.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
All that talk about the Detroit model. I thought they were talking about the dynasty years. They must be talking about where we keep signing Dan Cleary style vets...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm hoping that they have a deal in the works. That might help assuage our concerns a bit.

But considering that not just us crazy folk on HF were expecting big offense from Domi, but that the team was expecting it... well, I think we're in a bind.

(The insane part of my fan brain is giggling that the only reason why Tippett hasn't had Maloney trade Yandle for Brooks Orpik is that it's not a dollar-for-dollar deal.)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If I were Max Domi, I'd ask my agent to demand a trade privately. With a 7 day deadline given to Maloney before our demands go public, and a 14 day deadline before we publicly state we have no intention of ever playing a game for the Coyotes at any point in the future. Then I take the first one year contract with an NHL out clause I can be in the KHL, and I board a plane bound for Moscow with Tie Domi in tow.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If it was me, I think I would have gone with the the youth this season and let the the chips fall where they may. I cannot bring myself to believe Chip, Klink, and company are a better option than Hodgeman, Domi, Lesio, and to a lesser extent, Reider.

Same. Sink or swim. Either way it would be better than watching us miss the playoffs by two points again with the same suspects in the bottom six.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
How can we go with the same line up as last year and expect better results? Isn't that Einstein's definition of insanity? Or they must really want McDavid or Eichel.

We have a winner here. And with Murphy and Summers not doing all that great in the preseason, it could very well be that Gormley is the only new guy on our blueline to start.

This will absolutely be a defining season for GMDM/Tippett in their Yotes's careers. I absolutely hope they know what they're doing because right now everything smacks of stubborn loyalty to vets.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Incredible. Speechless.

On a team this pathetic - with no scoring up front - who just lost their top goal scorer and their top playmaker this offseason. For them to do this is just mind-boggling.

Tippet is out to lunch and Maloney doesn't have the balls to stand up to him.

I predicted Tippett would bury Domi on the 4th line and give him 10min/game but even I couldn't predict this. What a pathetic franchise. Where is Leblanc and Gossbee? Is this their idea of driving the team out of Arizona?

This Tippet team will finish 8 pts out of a playoff spot and play the most boring hockey we've ever seen in the desert. This is appalling.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If I were Max Domi, ...

Whether real or perceived, this kind of thing is going to make it harder to keep young talent. Every offensive player drafted by the Coyotes is going to think, "I'm never going to get a chance to play". All this "not a development league" talk is so short-sighted. I don't understand at all.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I have very little excitement going into the season now unless the deal Rabbit said Maloney was putting together with an eastern team is big but I highly doubt that. I too am interested in what Maloney will have to say but Hodgeman must certainly be making it now.

If it was me, I think I would have gone with the the youth this season and let the the chips fall where they may. I cannot bring myself to believe Chip, Klink, and company are a better option than Hodgeman, Domi, Lesio, and to a lesser extent, Reider. I am not sure what Tip and GMDM are thinking here. How can we go with the same line up as last year and expect better results? Isn't that Einstein's definition of insanity? Or they must really want McDavid or Eichel.

I guess Plan A is re-build the "pack" mentality that disappeared last season and grind our way to the playoffs. Plan B is to draft in top 5 and hopefully a franchise forward to add to our collection.

I worry about the level of excitement in AZ. I don't live there so I'm limited in my ability to financially support the franchise. Fans need something to build their excitement level higher. Domi was in my mind a player to get excited about. The fans need something because watching Chipchura, Moss, Klinkhammer play with the intent of not finishing with a minus stat just isn't getting it done.

I can live with a Lessio making the team if he outplays Domi. That hasn't happened though and right now I'm not even positive that all of the remaining top prospects at this point start the year in the AHL. In the end I suppose Maloney is trying to avoid the Turris/Boedker scenario where they tried to rush them. I'm disappointed.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Domi back to London?!?

You have gotta be ******* kidding me. Domi is as NHL-ready as a rookie could be. Sure, he's not absolutely dominating, but he certainly didn't look anywhere near lost out there in the preseason against men. Solid positioning, good 200 foot hustle and battle along the boards in addition to his obvious puck skills.

So we're looking more at

Doan - Vermette - Boedker
Korpikoski - Hanzal - Erat
Klinkhammer - Hodgeman - Gagner
Chipchura - Vitale - Moss
Crombeen

Ugh.

Wow that is a sad looking line-up. Hanzal is the only good player on his line. The rest of it is pretty sad. I don't see Doan as a first liner any more. 3rd line....who knows yet. 4th line is where we are supposed to make up some of what we lose on the first line but I don't see it. Vitale plus nothing. Hopefully this isn't what we are going in with or it is going to be a long horrendous season.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Domi will be our next Kyle Turris. He will jet for greener pastures.

Tippett is ruining our present and our future.

This is unacceptable. I've never seen a franchise fumble their prospects with greater ineptitude than the Yotes.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
No Vrbata. No Domi? No Samuelson. Maybe 1 rookie or 0? Moss is our best? Well looks like the Coyotes have saved me $1,000+ on what have otherwise been spent on tickets and other stuff. Long long season ahead.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
I guess Plan A is re-build the "pack" mentality that disappeared last season and grind our way to the playoffs. Plan B is to draft in top 5 and hopefully a franchise forward to add to our collection.

I worry about the level of excitement in AZ. I don't live there so I'm limited in my ability to financially support the franchise. Fans need something to build their excitement level higher. Domi was in my mind a player to get excited about. The fans need something because watching Chipchura, Moss, Klinkhammer play with the intent of not finishing with a minus stat just isn't getting it done.

I can live with a Lessio making the team if he outplays Domi. That hasn't happened though and right now I'm not even positive that all of the remaining top prospects at this point start the year in the AHL. In the end I suppose Maloney is trying to avoid the Turris/Boedker scenario where they tried to rush them. I'm disappointed.
Then he is trying too hard.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
This is the kind of thing that should get people to ask for a refund on their season tickets. LA and Chicago can afford to 'overcook' their prospects. A team as sad and with as low attendance as Arizona, cannot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad