Confirmed with Link: Max Domi sent back to the OHL.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
One more thing and then I will shut up (sorry I am just really disappointed)... The Yotes are at a serious risk of making a bad name for themselves to rookies, a team that never takes a chance on good playing rookies. Detroit can deal with overcooking because Detroit has a legacy and the rookies there know hard work and dedication will get them a spot. Here there is no legacy and hard working rookies don't get ****. Getting drafted by the Yotes is a kiss of death.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well this is lovely news to wake up to. I might spin off these posts into another thread since they kinda took over. So if they all move check the board.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1743741

Perlini is still in camp at least. Right? ....right?

This is terrible news. I hope GMDM had a good talk with Domi and ensured him he would have an excellent chance next season. But right now it looks like Domi will be in the AHL next season. Hope there is a trade coming but I don't expect it at all. What a shame. Have to hope Domi doesn't get frustrated or this could get very ugly.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
There's only one word for this, and it involves bovine excrement.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that Pheonix has unequivocally ruined their relationship with Max. If they had any brains (doubtful, considering this move), they would trade his rights immediately. Simply put, he knows he should be playing in the NHL this season... and he will not forgive nor forget this slight. Erat looked like the junior player in the pre-season action I saw.

Christ, I'm not even a 'yotes fan and I'm beyond outraged for him. Take to twitter, young Max, and let 'your team' know they've sent you emotional divorce papers.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
There's only one word for this, and it involves bovine excrement.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that Pheonix has unequivocally ruined their relationship with Max. If they had any brains (doubtful, considering this move), they would trade his rights immediately. Simply put, he knows he should be playing in the NHL this season... and he will not forgive nor forget this slight. Erat looked like the junior player in the pre-season action I saw.

Christ, I'm not even a 'yotes fan and I'm beyond outraged for him. Take to twitter, young Max, and let 'your team' know they've sent you emotional divorce papers.

I feel bad for Max, but I hope he doesn't do that. I hope he finds the will to endure another OHL season and continue pushing himself to improve his game. Easier said than done, of course.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Speechless at this decision. The detractors were right about Tippet in Dallas. He's clearly great for a veteran team but not one with any sort of youth movement.

After all the talk, we head into the season with largely the same roster as last year. This is going to be a lonnnnggg season.

Even the Coyotes media heads thought Domi was a lock. How will Maloney explain this?

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
hbk;90249841This does enable us to hold his rightsduring what I would term "more productive years".[/QUOTE said:
Oh... he knows.

Odds of him ever signing a contract with the 'yotes which goes into UFA years? Roughly zero.

If he's there in two years I'll be shocked. You just can't do this to young stars...

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
I feel bad for Max, but I hope he doesn't do that. I hope he finds the will to endure another OHL season and continue pushing himself to improve his game. Easier said than done, of course.

And I if were you, I'd feel the very same.

But as I'm just a Domi fan here, I hope he sticks it to them in whatever fashion (limited) he can... and stars on a team that respects him sooner rather than later.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Trade Proposal

To :rangers:
Don Maloney
Dave Tippett

To :coyotes:
Jeff Gorton
Ulf Samuelsson

First move as acting GM of the Arizona by Jeff Gorton? Fire Jim Playfair. Second move? Call up Max Domi.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
And I if were you, I'd feel the very same.

But as I'm just a Domi fan here, I hope he sticks it to them in whatever fashion (limited) he can... and stars on a team that respects him sooner rather than later.

Well I wouldn't blame him if he did request a trade, at the rate things are going now.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
crazy news... and not even a 9 game audition in regular season???... I know hes only 19 but what a HUGE slap in the face... I am not a yotes fan but watched some Yotes preseason games and it was entertaining when Domi played... sucks to say but I probably wont really have any interest watching Yotes play this year now

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well I wouldn't blame him if he did request a trade, at the rate things are going now.

Just because of the pattern. If this was a one-off decision, it'd be easier to take. He's got nothing to do but pick up bad habits back in junior. I do not understand this at all, except that Tippett refuses to work with or develop youth because he doesn't feel it's in his job description.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
costanza-popcorn.gif

Don't worry folks, I'm sure those who prefer the status quo will tell us that Tippett knows better than anyone who posts on the internet.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I pulled over on the freeway to write this. What. The. ****. This is absolutely unacceptable. I've always been an optimist when it came to DT and GMDM but this is unforgivable. I understood the Moss signing as a depth move. But when he is essentially stealing a roster spot from a young star like Max I have a serious problem. If this is seriously what management thinks is a positive direction for the franchise then it's time for heads to roll.

If there is no trade imminent then I'm calling for a fan petition. I know it won't do anything but they need to know this way of thinking is NOT ok with the people who spend their money to see this team.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
As lame as it sounds, do the owners have email we can get a hold of? I don't have twitter, but I'm debating creating one just to let them know they are destroying what's left of the fan base they have.

This is just absolute ********.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
costanza-popcorn.gif

Don't worry folks, I'm sure those who prefer the status quo will tell us that Tippett knows better than anyone who posts on the internet.

First, I'm very disappointed that they aren't giving Domi his shot. Second, what drivel. Tippet coaches hockey for a living. Of course he knows better than us armchair critics.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I want to hear the reasoning behind this decision, if it was the decision, before going to the mattresses. Come on. Something might have been going on that we didn't realize.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Can guarantee you that domi demands a trade. What mismanagement this club has.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I honestly hope he does demand a trade. We need something to force change on these cavemen.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I can't. Domi didn't blow the doors off the building like Colorado's McKinnon.

Colorado has given quite a bit more opportunity to McKinnon than the Yotes have with Domi thus far. Roy/Sakic aren't afraid to give their young players long leashes. And its obvious that McKinnon's overall talent level is a tier above Domi's and we had no chance of drafting him.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If we're totally out of it by the halfway mark I'd certainly wouldn't mind Doan pulling a Ray Bourque.

Me either. I had dreams of Doan retiring as a Coyote, having his number retired (not just honored), and, hell, putting a damn statue of him up in the Westgate plaza. But at this point I wouldn't blame him for cutting and running to Vancouver or someplace at the deadline just for one legitimate shot at the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad