Player Discussion Max Domi - RFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I say keep him as long as it's reasonable , he's one of our few young point producers. I feel he played best as C , but something has to give there...

KK,Suzuki,Domi,Danault , pick 3.

Trade Domi (does not fit with coach) and Danualt (no a true first line center). Get a true first line center and a really good defensive center with size and speed who is OK with defensive role and playing 3rd or 4th line (does not need to score).

new true first line center, Suzuki, KK, and 4th line shutdown center

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Trade Domi (does not fit with coach) and Danualt (no a true first line center). Get a true first line center and a really good defensive center with size and speed who is OK with defensive role and playing 3rd or 4th line (does not need to score).

True 1st liners as you describe are almost impossible to get , develop Suzuki and KK in that mold. It's between Domi and Danault for me , while Danault fits better he seems to have delusions of grandeur...

I think trading Domi is more realistic if Danault can not be threatened by the coming of age we are going to see with Suzuki and KK.

Last edited:

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand

Good plan! Except Montreal has been working on getting a “true #1C” for what, 15 years...? You think now they can go out an fill this void, just as easy as that? Do you happen to know which team has a spare “true #1C”?

The centre depth is finally something which is an asset in Montreal. Develop the kids (NS & KK) and support them the right way!

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
True 1st liners as you describe are almost impossible to get , develop Suzuki and KK in that mold. It's between Domi and Danault for me , while Danault fits better he seems to have delusions of grandeur...

I think trading Domi is more realistic if Danault can not be threatened by the coming of age we are going to see with Suzuki and KK.

or you have some reading issues, one or the other.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's cooked IMO , I think he doesn't fit in what they're trying to build here.

They're trying to build a strong 2way team with a strong D and Goalie.

If you look through the whole roster you have Domi and Drouin that pretty much stick out as defensive liabilities...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

If you look through the whole roster you have Domi and Drouin that pretty much stick out as defensive liabilities...
And Drouin seems to have chemistry with Suzuki....Domi with no one.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

And people want to add Laine to the mix,another defensive liability with most likely a huge cap.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Get a really good defensive center you say? Trade Danault you say?

Getting mixed messages here Hans

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I'm interested what you mean here because I'm trying to find tangible reasons/excuses for his bad play last year. If you could elaborate that would be great.

I've been back and forth on trading him. I think it's risky to keep him but I also think he can be a star. I'm intrigued on how he'd be used. It seems like he's better at C. A part of me is very intrigued to see what a centre line of Suzuki/KK/Domi could do. We'd need to spice up our wingers though to run 3 offensive lines.

If only we knew what the market for him would be. I'd think it would be pretty good. As much as I'd love to make him fit on this team I don't really know how to do that. If somehow the org is convinced he can play on the wing or that last year was just a blip. Maybe there was something undisclosed behind the scenes even during the regular season?

My point was simply, as a author of a newly published book Max had distractions that “may” have adversely affected his on ice performance. I have no proof of this other than his obvious drop in production. His market value is lower than its ever been so signing him now will give us a valuable asset if he returns to being a 70pt player. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad