Pappazzz

Aug 25, 2020
i think he will request a trade, if he has not already,

i don't think he is very happy being put on the 4th line,

see ya

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The return we get for him is going to underwhelm a lot of people. I'm not sure he's worth all that much at the moment.
Like I said, I could potentially see a fit for him in Minnesota. Remains to be seen what needs to be added from which side to get a guy like Brodin. Unless they go for a winger? In which case I'm not sure where he goes...

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think Domi would do well on a team that has an established superstar he can ride shotgun with. He can't put the team on his back and it's bleeding obvious that he is a spare part now on our roster. A valuable spare part, but one that must go before we have to re-sign him

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The return we get for him is going to underwhelm a lot of people. I'm not sure he's worth all that much at the moment.
Like I said, I could potentially see a fit for him in Minnesota. Remains to be seen what needs to be added from which side to get a guy like Brodin. Unless they go for a winger? In which case I'm not sure where he goes...

He's still top 6 material with upside and had 70 pts at center. With the Kapanen trade, I'd expect Domi to fetch just a bit worst because he has only one year left.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i think he will request a trade, if he has not already,

i don't think he is very happy being put on the 4th line,

see ya

This could be the story line...

- Has a great age 23 season playing with the Habs as a center for the first time.
- Bergevin inquired about an extension last off season and the numbers Domi's agent ask for was way too high
- Bergevin talked to Julien about it and they decided to test him in certain situations to see if the big contract is worth it for the Habs
- Domi struggled and Suzuki took his job.
- Domi had a disappointing season playing all over the line-up
- Bergevin talked to his agent again and they still ask for too much on a long term deal.
- Bergevin then said we will explore options and arbitration is an option. Domi didn't like that.

It's possible that there is a deal or two out there and Bergevin has allowed the other team to negotiate an extension with Domi. Domi of course found out they were shopping him and hence removed the Habs from his twitter account. That's what you get when you go for max deals for one good season. Hate when players do that and GM's need to get together to crack down on it. It's also very possible Domi will decline extensions if the team we have a deal with feels he's asking for too much as well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's still top 6 material with upside and had 70 pts at center. With the Kapanen trade, I'd expect Domi to fetch just a bit worst because he has only one year left.

2 years RFA control.

He would get more than Kapanen, easily.

He's the chip to get the 6th, 8th or 9th out of Anaheim, Buffalo or Minnesota.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I doubt he will ever hit 70 points again, don't like him, too much juvenile posturing like his dad.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
How many times this year did we watch him take a shot from outer Mongolia, miss the net, then fall down/bear hug the defensemen in front of him due to “effort”?

Will not miss him and am looking forward to what we can potentially get back

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

You gotta think he gets moved. Considering the Wild's need at center and having a LHD in Brodin, there is a logical match.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How realistic is this? What is the package? Domi + Poehling + our 1st?

Consider what Kapanen went for.. Domi has not played with players of Matthews, Tavares, Nylander and Marner's ilk.. outproduced him, played center, and had a 70 pt season at center.

I don't think we'd have to add much, at all.. when we are talking about 8 or 9. 6 might take Poehling or a 2nd.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Consider what Kapanen went for.. Domi has not played with players of Matthews, Tavares, Nylander and Marner's ilk.. outproduced him, played center, and had a 70 pt season at center.

I don't think we'd have to add much, at all.. when we are talking about 8 or 9. 6 might take Poehling or a 2nd.
I'd absolutely love to break into the top 15 let alone the top 10. I just hope we can draft a forward with size and skill

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The writing couldn't be any more on the wall than it currently is.

Put on 4th line in the playoffs, didn't respond with any effort, coach says he's a centre and that it's going to be tough to find room for him.

Why can't the Habs role 4 lines with decent C's? It's not like they have any one player that is lights out,at least they can attack with numbers.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
Maybe we should be keeping Domi as a centre, and trading Danault.

From Jack Han (who was the ex Leafs development guy who shared worries about Poehling):

(apologies if this has been posted)

Reactions: NotProkofievian

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Why can't the Habs role 4 lines with decent C's? It's not like they have any one player that is lights out,at least they can attack with numbers.
The problem is the centers on the 3rd/4th lines aren't gonna be content playing on those lines and are gonna want to be paid like they're in the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad