Player Discussion Max Domi - RFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
My point was simply, as a author of a newly published book Max had distractions that “may” have adversely affected his on ice performance. I have no proof of this other than his obvious drop in production. His market value is lower than its ever been so signing him now will give us a valuable asset if he returns to being a 70pt player. Cheers.

Oh wow I didn’t know he was an author. I thought it was a typo lol

Jul 6, 2016
"Max will play goalie if the coach asks him to," Ferris said.

Domi is lucky he isn't playing under previous management staff. They would have taken advantage of that statement.

Can they ask him to play LW or RW on one of the first two lines then ? If so, he should make it clear by himself and behave accordingly.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Can they ask him to play LW or RW on one of the first two lines then ? If so, he should make it clear by himself and behave accordingly.
Can you provide any evidence where he did not behave accordingly and your assumptions are not evidence?

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Or you have issues facing reality.

Bring up the exact question and the exact quote you are referring to. then learn to read and stop being hypocritical. No wonder hockey interviews are so boring if you guys can't handle that. holy ****. Don't mind trading him if the return is good, but you can't take someone's words and tweak them and turn it into what you wanted to hear. That's not facing reality, so feel free to keep your professional lectures to yourself next time.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Bring up the exact question and the exact quote you are referring to. then learn to read and stop being hypocritical. No wonder hockey interviews are so boring if you guys can't handle that. holy ****. Don't mind trading him if the return is good, but you can't take someone's words and tweak them and turn it into what you wanted to hear. That's not facing reality, so feel free to keep your professional lectures to yourself next time.
He was asked if his new role with the Habs would affect his decision to sign with the Habs. He replied, yes. This has been reported, quoted, and requoted a number of times on this board but apparently, it didn't register with you. Which is alright but don't go accusing other posters of having reading issues. And if you need another post here it is:

Canadiens' Phillip Danault not interested in defence-only role, he says | Montreal Gazette

“I’ve seen my role change during the playoffs, but with what I’ve proven in the last few years, my role shouldn’t change in Montreal,” Danault added. “I have demonstrated that I am capable of playing both defensively and offensively. “
Danault, who has one season left on a contract with a cap hit of just over $3 million U.S., answered with a curt yes when asked if his role with the team would influence his desire to stay in Montreal.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He was asked if his new role with the Habs would affect his decision to sign with the Habs. He replied, yes. This has been reported, quoted, and requoted a number of times on this board but apparently, it didn't register with you. Which is alright but don't go accusing other posters of having reading issues. And if you need another post here it is:

Canadiens' Phillip Danault not interested in defence-only role, he says | Montreal Gazette

“I’ve seen my role change during the playoffs, but with what I’ve proven in the last few years, my role shouldn’t change in Montreal,” Danault added. “I have demonstrated that I am capable of playing both defensively and offensively. “
Danault, who has one season left on a contract with a cap hit of just over $3 million U.S., answered with a curt yes when asked if his role with the team would influence his desire to stay in Montreal.

I would've never guessed after these playoffs that it would be Domi who'd want to stay and Danault who seems more likely to scoot.

I'm impressed by Domi's willingness to stay here actually. I'm pretty heartened by it. I do think he has minor star/legit star potential. I'm just 50/50 on him getting there.

I'm also heartened that MB thinks Domi can still get there with us. I trust his judgement on these matters a lot more of late. If he thinks last year was an aberration as opposed to the year before and has good reasons to think that way then I'd want to keep him too.

We're just so damn small though up front. I have to think that one of Domi, Drouin, Tatar, and Gally would have to go. Unless we want to do 3 scoring lines I guess. I really thought it would've been Domi. I don't think they'll trade Drouin. I guess if they can find a trading partner for Byron maybe.

The org seems to want Domi at C. You'd HAVE to think that means that Danault is gone.

Reactions: aresknights

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007

is it so hard to quote the exact question and the exact FULL quote ? You're the one talking about it, not me, so bring it up let's go. did that register with you ? my guess is you haven't heard the question and haven't listened to his full answer.

Reactions: dralaf

Jul 6, 2016
Can you provide any evidence where he did not behave accordingly and your assumptions are not evidence?

Have you watched the last season and the Playoffs ? Domi did not brake a nail to contribute to this team. Unhappy about his ice time and position ? Unhappy about contract negotiations ? Whatever. His body language and intensity (lack of) are pointing towards a guy that is not interested staying with this team , or accepting his role.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Jul 6, 2016
"Max will play goalie if the coach asks him to," Ferris said.

Domi is lucky he isn't playing under previous management staff. They would have taken advantage of that statement.

Why trade for Allen when we have already such a player like Domi ?.............................

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
My point was simply, as a author of a newly published book Max had distractions that “may” have adversely affected his on ice performance. I have no proof of this other than his obvious drop in production. His market value is lower than its ever been so signing him now will give us a valuable asset if he returns to being a 70pt player. Cheers.
I think trying to make Domi into winger had something to do with it. Only we can get turn a young and gritty 70 point center into a disenfranchised 3rd line winger in a year’s time...

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
is it so hard to quote the exact question and the exact FULL quote ? You're the one talking about it, not me, so bring it up let's go. did that register with you ? my guess is you haven't heard the question and haven't listened to his full answer.
Scroll down to the Danault video, skip to 12:40. Arpon Basu asks him if his role next season would affect his decision to re-sign with the Habs and Danault gives him a curt yes. It's in French. I hope you understand French but if you don't I guess that'll be a great excuse to dismiss the evidence which you seem to be very good at.

Quotes of the day: Kulak, Danault & Tatar

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Scroll down to the Danault video, skip to 12:40. Arpon Basu asks him if his role next season would affect his decision to re-sign with the Habs and Danault gives him a curt yes. It's in French. I hope you understand French but if you don't I guess that'll be a great excuse to dismiss the evidence which you seem to be very good at.

ummmmmm.. yes. That was his answer to that question. I think we are trying to dig into that too much. Nobody wants to see their ice time go down and he is looking behind him with Suzuki and KK rising. Bergevin needs to tone that down and talk to Danault about the strategy of rolling 3 lines and the possibility of Danault still playing with Tatar and Gallagher if we can fit everyone in our cap. The goal is to add better wingers for Suzuki and KK.

I'll believe it when I see it... Danault walks or is traded

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
ummmmmm.. yes. That was his answer to that question. I think we are trying to dig into that too much. Nobody wants to see their ice time go down and he is looking behind him with Suzuki and KK rising. Bergevin needs to tone that down and talk to Danault about the strategy of rolling 3 lines and the possibility of Danault still playing with Tatar and Gallagher if we can fit everyone in our cap. The goal is to add better wingers for Suzuki and KK.

I'll believe it when I see it... Danault walks or is traded
If Tatar and Gally remain the best wingers on this team, they should not play with Danault. Until now the reasoning was that we had no #1 or #2. Now we supposedly do. Danault slots into his proper position with proper wingers. If I were the GM and Danault tells me what he said in that clip, I would make plans to move him. Pointe Finale!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Tatar and Gally remain the best wingers on this team, they should not play with Danault. Until now the reasoning was that we had no #1 or #2. Now we supposedly do. Danault slots into his proper position with proper wingers. If I were the GM and Danault tells me what he said in that clip, I would make plans to move him. Pointe Finale!

We will see how this unfolds this next season. There is nothing final about it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Think of this boys and girls...

Ghost trade thread on the main board and lots of talk about him loosing value due to the usage by his coach and he is a great asset to target. Why does Domi not get the same benefit in trade value when Julien was just as hard on Domi than AV with Ghost? I think Habs fans are harder on their own players vs other teams. It's disgusting and I've seen many Habs fans try to make other teams fans happy just to get along too. Comical

Domi is worth way more than some are thinking. Some are too desperate to move him for low value too. Send Domi to arbitration and watch him come into next season pissed off and on a mission. He's a way better talent than Ghost too! If we keep Domi, he is going to try and steal his center job back too! What are the chances he steals his job away from KK and Kotkaniemi is moved to wing? Some say zero right? We will see about that

Concern on Domi when we traded him was goal scoring. He addressed that pretty quick. Now it's defensive commitment and you better bet this 25 year old is going to work at that part of his game now. We need to be very careful with the other teams looking to buy low on Domi IMO

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

If Danault said yes to that question it’s time to ship his ass out. He can not dictate where he plays in the line up
The habs are going absolutely no where with him
As the top centre man which has been proven
Suzuki and KK are the future
Danault can f*** off

Reactions: Habs178

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If Danault said yes to that question it’s time to ship his ass out. He can not dictate where he plays in the line up
The habs are going absolutely no where with him
As the top centre man which has been proven
Suzuki and KK are the future
Danault can f*** off
I partly agree with you. I think Danault has a right to ask and MB has the right to decide whether to comply or not. If MB decides not to comply, then he needs to trade Danault.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I partly agree with you. I think Danault has a right to ask and MB has the right to decide whether to comply or not. If MB decides not to comply, then he needs to trade Danault.
The habs are a team going nowhere with Danault as a top C. The future is KK and Suzuki. You sink or swim with them. If the habs wanna keep middling, then play Danault with your best wingers.
That way they will always finish around 10th
We’ve won nothing with Danault as the top C. I’m not blaming him for that. The line up is not talented enough.
The habs need a new direction and that’s Suzuki and KK.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Have you watched the last season and the Playoffs ? Domi did not brake a nail to contribute to this team. Unhappy about his ice time and position ? Unhappy about contract negotiations ? Whatever. His body language and intensity (lack of) are pointing towards a guy that is not interested staying with this team , or accepting his role.
So, we have Domi and Danault who don't like their roles, because two kids who have more talent have passed them by? Seems like we should get rid of both Domi and especially Phil I am the best C on da team, Danault.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
So, we have Domi and Danault who don't like their roles, because two kids who have more talent have passed them by? Seems like we should get rid of both Domi and especially Phil I am the best C on da team, Danault.
I'm not sure that KK and Suzuki have more talent than Domi. All three were drafted in the first half of the first round, all three have shown flashes of brilliance at C in the past 1-2 seasons.

I'd like all three of them on the team. I'm not prepared to give Danault a huge UFA contract nor to guarantee him 1st line status. I'd be ok with all four playing 14-17 minutes depending on the Special teams, then evaluating if someone makes an offer.

Reactions: Habs Icing

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The habs are a team going nowhere with Danault as a top C. The future is KK and Suzuki. You sink or swim with them. If the habs wanna keep middling, then play Danault with your best wingers.
That way they will always finish around 10th
We’ve won nothing with Danault as the top C. I’m not blaming him for that. The line up is not talented enough.
The habs need a new direction and that’s Suzuki and KK.
OK, but if we move both Domi and Danault, then at best we will have two guys who get the same point totals as the two scrap heapers got just last year.

We need to keep one of the two at least, and prioritize talent if we have to.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think it's pretty tellng that Gally's contract is priority over Domi's even though his contract isn't up until next year.

Don't think Domi is very high in the pecking order in the Habs org.

Reactions: 26Mats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad