Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Mistake ?

At the time, I dont think Domi would accept 5 x 3.15 millions.

Sign him to 5 x 5.5...similar to Drouin ? That would be a mistake. I dont think anyone expected Domi to be a 60+ pts center player...let alone a ppg. We all knew he had the potential...but he wasnt there yet...espacially has a center.

2 years show me contract, was easily the best option for the player and the team.

If he keep that pace the next 18 month...we will gladly pay him !

I have zero problem with paying Domi a boatload of money on a term to grey one's beard if he continues playing as he has played so far this season and proceeds to repeat the same performance for the first 30 games of next season.

IMO, that's a large enough sample to bank on.

With Kotkaniemi, his three year ELC will open up a possibility of two 8-yr contracts until his retirement without overpaying for any period of either term, barring injury.

Drouin, IMO, was a shrewd signing.

Tatar was a smart addition, given term remaining at the price paid.

Lehkonen will get re-signed to manageable salary and Cap hit on his next contract.

Hudon is only making a case for a minimal increase with his current play. Improving on 10Gs and 20 As -- which should have been attainable -- would have earned him mucho dinero.

Gallagher is still one of the smartest signings of the last while.

Danault is worth his contract, but he is neither here nor there for the future and, if Poehling pans out, will be a 3M 4th line C as it stands.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Domi is a very very special player. He is going to bring Drouin into the fold and make him feel accepted.
Let's hope so!! This kid was a great player in Jr and certainly was in his first year as a pro..........not sure what happened after that, injury?

Anyhow, wow he has been fantastic!! No one, I mean no one saw this coming...great to see him really love playing in Montreal!

Reactions: Cobra Commander

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Wow... I was really busy this summer to miss that, I was sure he was already under contract when they traded for him.

I should pay more attention to what happen between the Stanley cup final and draft day :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Christmas present early for Habs fans, like copies of BOBBY My Story In Pictures, all my brothers and sons get copies this Christmas.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Very true. He is one clever little tough dude. Galchenyuk is not committed enough to get better and I question his hockey intelligence. Very same problem Beaulieu had and maybe Scherbak as well.

All Domi needed was to play on a better team in a hockey market.
Funny how you've changed your tune about him now that yet another coach has put him on the wing. Weren't you saying just before the season started that he was going to get 65+ points in ARZ and that he has the smarts to be a 1C, but he just needed a chance? Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. He was never gonna be a center in this league.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
If Domi play like this way for 2 years in a row. We are going to have another P.K Subban contract with Max Domi.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If Domi play like this way for 2 years in a row. We are going to have another P.K Subban contract with Max Domi.

I think Bergevin will sign him for less than what Subban got, even if Domi is PPG he won't have any major hardware to boost his value like Subban's.

Reactions: S Bah

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sounders weird to say...but I hope Domi puts himself in a position to break the bank in 2yrs

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Lol who the **** cares if he asks for a lot? Pay the man if he is going to be a PPG center for us...

Funny how after he puts up a ppg all these people come out of the woodwork to say he shoulda been signed long term in the summer. I didn't hear all the geniuses saying to give him 5 million a year long term after his 9 goal season in summer. Some people can't accept when some things actually work out.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Funny how you've changed your tune about him now that yet another coach has put him on the wing. Weren't you saying just before the season started that he was going to get 65+ points in ARZ and that he has the smarts to be a 1C, but he just needed a chance? Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. He was never gonna be a center in this league.

It's not funny, it's reality. I'm allowed to change my opinion based on recent production. The only funny part here is you thinking I will have the same opinion forever and ever.

I still believe in Galchenyuk's abilities. The issue here is maturity and possibly him taking Domi's role where the talent depth is not that great.

As many other have said, it would of been nice to acquire Domi and still been able to keep Galchenyuk.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I think Bergevin will sign him for less than what Subban got, even if Domi is PPG he won't have any major hardware to boost his value like Subban's.

Nylander didn't win shit in Toronto and just got himself a nice looking deal
Plenty of other players around the league as well have huge contracts without ever winning anything.
In this league, you produce you get paid!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
His play at C has given me hope. If he can become a 60+ point C and Kotkaniemi can also become a top 6 C we might actually have some stability at the position this generation hasn't seen since maybe Koivu/Plekanec.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I don't want to hijack this thread, but quite a few posters on the Coyotes Forum have come to the conclusion that Galchenyuk can't/won't be a center in the NHL He doesn't have the foot speed or two way play to be a center. Domi is a much more complete player than Galchenyuk ever was. The only thing Galchenyuk has on Domi is his heavier shot and the fact that he's bigger...even though Domi does much more with his smaller size than Galchenyuk.

I love the way Domi plays with Drouin. Drouin feed off of Domi's energy and they just compliment each other very well.

Last edited:

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Nylander didn't win **** in Toronto and just got himself a nice looking deal
Plenty of other players around the league as well have huge contracts without ever winning anything.
In this league, you produce you get paid!
I still dont get how they can afford Nylander. Waaay too much money for him. I hope it all blows up on them. Of course if he gets any time with Matthews or Tavares he'll probably get a ton of points and make him look like hes worth it.
Love to see Domi get 70points and more. What a steal so far. Of course it could have looked very ugly had he not turned out to be as good as he has been.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I don't want to hijack this thread, but quite a few posters on the Coyotes Forum have come to the conclusion that Galchenyuk can't/won't be a center in the NHL He doesn't have the foot speed or two way play to be a center. Domi is a much more complete player than Galchenyuk ever was. The only thing Galchenyuk has on Domi is his heavier shot and the fact that he's bigger...even though he Domi does much more with his smaller size than Galchenyuk.

I love the way Domi plays with Drouin. Drouin feed off of Domi's energy and they just compliment each other very well.
Domi is more confident and creative. Galchenyuk still plays like a rookie.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Does it really matter? The kid is flying and producing at a ppg pace
If he keeps it up, he will get paid and deservingly so!

Exactly. People should hope he forces a big payday because well that means he turned into a very good player. Looking at capfriendly, it seems like the habs should have around 30 million in cap space when he goes UFA, AKA Max aint going anywhere.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Drouin feed off of Domi's energy and they just compliment each other very well.

I totally agree. Tuesday night Domi was saying that Drouin is a very funny guy and so smart, then yesterday I heard that Drouin was telling reporters how impressed he is with not only Domi's fighting skills, but also his love of McDonald's.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
The rise of both Domi and Drouin shows us how we lack too end talent on the wings. Especially snipers. They would really benefit from having a powerforward who can snipe on their wing.
Or having another 60 + pts winger would allow us to put Gallagher on their line without being to top heavy.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
The rise of both Domi and Drouin shows us how we lack too end talent on the wings. Especially snipers. They would really benefit from having a powerforward who can snipe on their wing.
Or having another 60 + pts winger would allow us to put Gallagher on their line without being to top heavy.

Shaw is a great player to complete that trio. Drouin and domi are making it happen with a balanced combination of playmaking and shoothing. What this trio needs is a guy that will raise the work ethic bar, go in dirty areas and crash the net. Simple as that.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Shaw is a great player to complete that trio. Drouin and domi are making it happen with a balanced combination of playmaking and shoothing. What this trio needs is a guy that will raise the work ethic bar, go in dirty areas and crash the net. Simple as that.

Yes, but imagine if that guy also had sone serious skills. A la Simmonds, Tkatchuk, Lucic back then, etc.

Reactions: THE HOFF

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Yes, but imagine if that guy also had sone serious skills. A la Simmonds, Tkatchuk, Lucic back then, etc.
Simmonds would be so nice on that line. I think Byron will be quite nice though. I imagine we'll see a bunch of breakaways.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Simmonds would be perfect for that line. He brings the same physical, drive the net style that Shaw brings to that line but Simmonfs actually has offensive talent himself.

Hes been a target of mine for years and should remain effective for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad