Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It was never a belittle attempt or an attack. I just wanted to know why for the past 5 years you couldn't see what I was seeing regarding Galchenyuk, but now suddenly you do since he is not a Hab. Another reason is that you and I have clashed a number of times over Galchenyuk, and now suddenly you are saying the things about him that we never agreed on before. It's just odd to see.

Actually, when have I admitted Galchenyuk now sucks that he is not a Habs? All I have said lately is Domi is a much better hockey player and I underestimated his shot. I always acknowledged that Galchenyuk development is on him. I like the skill and his potential before and and I still do today. I just think maturity has been an issue. I have also been frustrated with the Habs by not trying him at center for a full 82 game season. Yes, development is on him but the Habs were also not willing to let him learn on the job. Why? Cause our culture in Montreal is defense first (right or wrong).

I'm not willing to say anything for sure at this stage. It's like just past the quarter mark of the season and Galchenyuk is playing with not that much skill in the Desert. Talk to me when there is a larger sample size and the Coyotes have a better team. Things can change in 1 or 2 years from now.

My only issue with the Domi/Galchenyuk trade was I thought Galchenyuk had better goal scoring power. That was the focus of my opinions and I was not the only one. Now that Domi has squashed this concern, I'm on board with this trade but it don't mean I think Galchenyuk sucks.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Nylander didn't win **** in Toronto and just got himself a nice looking deal
Plenty of other players around the league as well have huge contracts without ever winning anything.
In this league, you produce you get paid!

I'd be completely happy if Domi got the same deal as Nylander. I was more saying that I don't think Domi will be getting 9M from Bergevin. Hopefully if we can sign him for the full 8 years it'd bring his AAV down a bit.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The guy was born to play in a market like Montreal. What an awesome player to have. Living in Toronto I can tell you every leafs fan, even the smuggest of them, are super freaking jealous that he’s a hab and not a leaf.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Does it really matter? The kid is flying and producing at a ppg pace
If he keeps it up, he will get paid and deservingly so!

People have short memory... They said the same thing about Price. Max Domi is a young player(23) that still had 45pts with a bad team like Arizona. I would have give him his 5.5mx5years.

I just hope he does not ask for 8m+. I could agreed around 6.5 to 7m.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I've been a Hab fan all my life but live in the desert last twenty years.
I almost felt sheepish coming into this forum over the summer to sing the virtues of Domi. Boy was the trade getting almost unanimous disdain.
Domi was the dominant player on the Yotes last season. I know that wasn't saying much but like I wrote he was all over the ice and all over the puck. he was creating offense out of nothing. I also wrote I never saw a guy so snakebit around the net. I thought maybe he had some stone hands but that couldn't be true he's such a creative player with GRIT. That combination is what you need to win in the playoffs . The league is full of floaters.

Speaking of floater. Galchenyuk. I saw a post above saying he's not playing with skilled players in the desert. I see the excuse for him are still full bloom in Montreal. He's playing with Keller and Schwartz, the two best forwards on the team. I've come to the conclusion this guy is just not that skilled. He's very average. He's working hard out there but he's just not that good.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Out of Domi and Gallagher, we have two players that remind me a bit of Marchand, only with more control of their emotions (Domi is a little less in control than Gallagher). You can never have too many of those types of players if you want to compete come playoff time.

Five players on the Habs with skill and grit:

Gallagher
Domi
Byron
Shaw
Lehkonen

Ironically, they are far from the biggest players on the team. :)

Reactions: Cobra Commander

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Its funny, when you go to other teams boards they talk about domi you hear teams talk about gallagher or marchand... Exactly the type of player we need, a pest with mad skills

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
Recommendation of a great Christmas gift for Sens fans.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 8.48.22 PM.png

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The rise of both Domi and Drouin shows us how we lack too end talent on the wings. Especially snipers. They would really benefit from having a powerforward who can snipe on their wing.
Or having another 60 + pts winger would allow us to put Gallagher on their line without being to top heavy.
Drouin-Domi-Gally
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Lekhonen
Byron-Danault-shaw

Is the better lineup.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Simmonds would be perfect for that line. He brings the same physical, drive the net style that Shaw brings to that line but Simmonfs actually has offensive talent himself.

Hes been a target of mine for years and should remain effective for the next few years.
Its a shame we dont have somebody better than Simmonds at RW on our team....

Oh wait.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The rise of both Domi and Drouin shows us how we lack too end talent on the wings. Especially snipers. They would really benefit from having a powerforward who can snipe on their wing.
Or having another 60 + pts winger would allow us to put Gallagher on their line without being to top heavy.

Hoping Suzuki can make the nhl next season

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Domi
Gallagher
Shaw
Byron

Are small players but tough as nails. That’s character. These guys will not back down from a fight.
Yes love them & I think we can include tatahhh to this group he aint big and his been working hard on the ice to win battles and space and hes tougher then it seem he dont step back infront of nobody.
We’ll take 4 more please.
but I disagree with that. Adding drou to these group mean we have 6 small foward in our top 6... I know that the NHL is fast, but I still would love to add a player with a bit more size. I dont know if you can how dominant armia was long the board and at protecting puck before he was injured. I would love another player like this that have a bit more skills and finition.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
WTF really lol?

Lol yup. There was 2-3 posters on here that thought that was a good return.

I’ll admit I was higher on Galchenyuk than I should have been, and I even initially panned the Domi trade... but Jankowski was and is terrible, he wouldn’t even be our third line center.

Domi has been fantastic and has become my favourite player on the team, hopefully he can keep it up!

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
This is was a good trade by MB , it's looking quite favourable so far and there is no denying that he fits better with our current lineup. Perhaps Galchenyuk will figure it out eventually as we know the talent is there, sometimes players need a proper environment to thrive. Domi seems to have found the right environment to reach his potential ceiling and helping Drouin reach his as well.

The team looks fine on the ice but we are still 2 elite pieces (LD and Forward) away from being a perrenial playoff team...Usually you need to draft those in the top3/5, this is my concern with any kind of bubble performance where we stay out of the top 10 in a really strong draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad