Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I’ve turned the page on Chucky and haven’t missed him one bit this season. He’s damaged goods period. Bergevin is garbage. We are lucky to have Domi.

They only put Shaw on some of the important faceoffs because he is so dam good at them. Domi’s production has cooled off a bit in the last few but we knew that would happen. But he is definitely a center, theirs no doubt about that, his two way play is very solid.

I don't think anybody misses Galchenyuk. Doesn't mean we can't have an objective and rational discussion about his handling here.
And yes, we are definitely lucky Domi came in absolutely red hot. Let's see just how much this cools off now.
Solid two way? Meh...I don't think it's bad, but solid? Not ready to say that.

Shaw's FO percentage is 40%...Domi is at 44%. Not sure why you think he's been ''so damn good'' at them. Ironic a bit, seeing how we kept hearing how Galch couldn't be a center due to his poor FO percentage...
Anyways, let's see how Domi bounces back.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You're not even trying to hide that racism, are you?

Yup, it was all the French people ruining Galchenyuk. It isn't at all a case of a player that was overrated by some people around here who aren't particularly crafty when it comes to evaluating prospects. To the point where, to avoid embarrassment, they had to rationalize why he couldn't live up to their extremely misguided expectations by making up weird stories about unfair treatment.

Keep it up! Aside from the hateful racism, it's entertaining! Maybe someone will come up with some hidden French ancestry for Tocchet?
French media is a race? :sarcasm:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You're not even trying to hide that racism, are you?

Yup, it was all the French people ruining Galchenyuk. It isn't at all a case of a player that was overrated by some people around here who aren't particularly crafty when it comes to evaluating prospects. To the point where, to avoid embarrassment, they had to rationalize why he couldn't live up to their extremely misguided expectations by making up weird stories about unfair treatment.

Keep it up! Aside from the hateful racism, it's entertaining! Maybe someone will come up with some hidden French ancestry for Tocchet?
Hateful racism??? LMAO

I’m 75 % French!

Theirs a number of clowns in the French hockey media in Quebec, namely Mario Tremblay who leaked information about Galchenyuk’s substance abuse so he could take the heat off of his own drunk driving arrest. And what about the vicious attacks on Angela and Carey Price? And what about all the favouritism for Quebec born players? That one is a little bit easier to swallow. The French media will stoop VERY low in this province, hence why some of us call them “evil”.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I don't think anybody misses Galchenyuk. Doesn't mean we can't have an objective and rational discussion about his handling here.
And yes, we are definitely lucky Domi came in absolutely red hot. Let's see just how much this cools off now.
Solid two way? Meh...I don't think it's bad, but solid? Not ready to say that.

Shaw's FO percentage is 40%...Domi is at 44%. Not sure why you think he's been ''so damn good'' at them. Ironic a bit, seeing how we kept hearing how Galch couldn't be a center due to his poor FO percentage...
Anyways, let's see how Domi bounces back.
Dude, can you just admit we have the better player in Domi regardless.. I mean seriously, look at Galchenyuk right now, you miss that? Go ask the Arizona fans what they think about him.. he’s not good at Hockey, he has a great shot and can sometimes make nice passes, that’s all, he’s sub par at everything else hockey.

Ok so I guess Shaw isn’t that good at them after all, who cares, it’s a faceoff, another questionable stat. Lots of times you “lose” a faceoff but your team gets the puck back right away and vice versa. Faceoffs are not what defines a center.

Yes Domi is a solid 2 way center. He makes Galchenyuk look lost out there. Watch the games.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Dude, can you just admit we have the better player in Domi regardless.. I mean seriously, look at Galchenyuk right now, you miss that? Go ask the Arizona fans what they think about him.. he’s not good at Hockey, he has a great shot and can sometimes make nice passes, that’s all, he’s sub par at everything else hockey.

Ok so I guess Shaw isn’t that good at them after all, who cares,
it’s a faceoff, another questionable stat. Lots of times you “lose” a faceoff but your team gets the puck back right away and vice versa. Faceoffs are not what defines a center.

Yes Domi is a solid 2 way center. He makes Galchenyuk look lost out there. Watch the games.

Ya Domi is better...I never liked Galchenyuk and couldn't give two craps about him. Does this mean we can't have a rational and objective discussion here?
I don't care about Shaw's FO numbers either, you asserted something, I corrected you, that's it that's all.

Nowhere in my posts did I even compare Galch to Domi. Fact you view it as such shows you aren't rational here.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Ya Domi is better...I never liked Galchenyuk and couldn't give two craps about him. Does this mean we can't have a rational and objective discussion here?
I don't care about Shaw's FO numbers either, you asserted something, I corrected you, that's it that's all.

Nowhere in my posts did I even compare Galch to Domi. Fact you view it as such shows you aren't rational here.
Ok great so we agree:

- Galchenyuk’s development was botched and he will never be the player that he MAYBE could have been.

- Bergevin is a piece of shit.

- Domi > Galchenyuk, we win this trade regardless.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
He doesn’t have that gear. But what Therrien did to him, and how Bergy handled him, and the whole drug NHL drug rehab thing that the evil French media leaked. All of that was just bad for him, he made his mistakes but didn’t deserve the horrible treatment he got.

The reality of the situation right now is that Chucky isn’t a center and Domi is.

The rehab thing came basically as he was getting traded. It wasn't something that destroyed his credibility midway through his time in Montreal.

However, it does explain why he played like horseshit for stretches.

It also explains why maybe his development was not botched but the result of a player sorely underperforming.

French media is a race? :sarcasm:

Do the semantics matter here?

Prejudice

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
The rehab thing came basically as he was getting traded. It wasn't something that destroyed his credibility midway through his time in Montreal.

However, it does explain why he played like horse**** for stretches.

It also explains why maybe his development was not botched but the result of a player sorely underperforming.

Do the semantics matter here?

Prejudice
The Mario Tramblay smear campaign came way before he was traded.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

If there is any one person in the province who shouldn't get any air time it's him. I refuse to watch RDS as long as he and his cronies hold sway. I doubt he even wants the Habs to do well he is such a hypocrite.
Ask me how I really feel about him but I'd be banned for sure.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
If there is any one person in the province who shouldn't get any air time it's him. I refuse to watch RDS as long as he and his cronies hold sway. I doubt he even wants the Habs to do well he is such a hypocrite.
Ask me how I really feel about him but I'd be banned for sure.
The fact he felt the need to talk about 76 when he got a DUI says it all about him and the mindset of people at RDS that they think he can carry on.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Ahh, keep that QC pride crap away from this forum.

Why are you telling ME that. I'm not the one who is bringing this up, and I refuse to just shut up while people act like hateful bigots about my people. I'm frankly tired and disgusted to see the same people on this forum constantly bring up the French Canadian thing without any consequences whatsoever.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

It wasn't a smear campaign.

There is so much baggage with Golden Boy. His helicopter dad and his party lifestyle sure explain his lack of development. He got more chances than many other players to prove himself, yet, time after time all he showed is his unwillingness to work hard. He is a lazy player who couldn't carry Gallagher or Domi's equipment bag.

Tremblay was correct for reporting it. Funny, how there was no real denial. He can go party in the desert where no one will care.

Golden Boy botched his own development

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It wasn't a smear campaign.

There is so much baggage with Golden Boy. His helicopter dad and his party lifestyle sure explain his lack of development. He got more chances than many other players to prove himself, yet, time after time all he showed is his unwillingness to work hard. He is a lazy player who couldn't carry Gallagher or Domi's equipment bag.

Tremblay was correct for reporting it. Funny, how there was no real denial. He can go party in the desert where no one will care.

Golden Boy botched his own development

The rumors of a party lifestyle are mostly unsubstantiated.

We know that Galchenyuk has been to parties ... but that's true of virtually every young player in the NHL, and virtually all men who are each of young, healthy, wealthy, and handsome. It has not been shown whether AG was more excessive than most in this behavior, it has only been assumed due to the smear campaign. Most people are basing their conclusions off a few reports, a phone call here, a party there, aka nothing much.

It's also an issue of racism. For the most part, "good Canadian boys" are never or nearly never criticized for their party lifestyles, in spite of being just as bad. They are forgiven for it. The criticism is only leveled at players who are somehow ethnic or different.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Ok great so we agree:

- Galchenyuk’s development was botched and he will never be the player that he MAYBE could have been.

- Bergevin is a piece of ****.

- Domi > Galchenyuk, we win this trade regardless.

Golden Boy's development was botched because of his entourage and off ice antics. Others worked hard and keep doing it (ie Byron, Gallagher). The botched development is just another excuse for Golden Boy supporters to overlook his lazy play and poor work ethic.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The rumors of a party lifestyle are mostly unsubstantiated.

We know that Galchenyuk has been to parties ... but that's true of virtually every young player in the NHL, and virtually all men who are each of young, healthy, wealthy, and handsome. It has not been shown whether AG was more excessive than most in this behavior, it has only been assumed due to the smear campaign. Most people are basing their conclusions off a few reports, a phone call here, a party there, aka nothing much.

It's also an issue of racism. For the most part, "good Canadian boys" are never or nearly never criticized for their party lifestyles, in spite of being just as bad. They are forgiven for it. The criticism is only leveled at players who are somehow ethnic or different.

BS - golden boy is responsible for his work ethic - period. There is sure a lot smoke when it comes to parting. Also, no real push back on Tremblay report

Racism is a joke!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Golden Boy's development was botched because of his entourage and off ice antics. Others worked hard and keep doing it (ie Byron, Gallagher). The botched development is just another excuse for Golden Boy supporters to overlook his lazy play and poor work ethic.

Agreed to some degree. Galchenyuk was given a shot. His inability to focus on the coaches teaching and what they wanted him to accomplish limit him. Then add the off ice antics and it adds up to frustration and disappointment.

I wish Galchenyuk well. Seems like both teams got a player needed a change. Domi is certainly looking very good for the Habs. He's surpassed my expectations that is for sure and we have a controlled RFA asset as well which is key.

Domi is the type that shows up when you need him. He is small but very strong. We did well in this trade when I previously thought we should of gotten a 2nd or 3rd on top of Domi for Galchenyuk.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Agreed to some degree. Galchenyuk was given a shot. His inability to focus on the coaches teaching and what they wanted him to accomplish limit him. Then add the off ice antics and it adds up to frustration and disappointment.

I wish Galchenyuk well. Seems like both teams got a player needed a change. Domi is certainly looking very good for the Habs. He's surpassed my expectations that is for sure and we have a controlled RFA asset as well which is key

Thankfully, they moved him for a real player.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thankfully, they moved him for a real player.

Yup! Difference between Galchenyuk and Domi is work ethic and commitment to being a complete player. Galchenyuk focus is purely offensive. I think he matures but it's similar to Drouin. I think these types mature from 25-30+ vs maturing 21/22+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad