Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's clearly injured.

I think he's been dealing with something for a few games now regarding his upper body. As for tonight, he was still noticeable, but more for his physicality, and emotion.

That's part of the package with him, and the opposition will try to exploit that and get him more interested in other dimensions of the game.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
I wonder if its a hand. After his fight against Washington? He was grimacing in the sin bin after the tussle.

Reactions: cphabs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t want him fighting, he’s our first line center, not a 4th line grinder like his father.

I don't want to see it either. Habs need his hands for other things obviously, but if he is going to fight, I'd rather he fight against key guys on other teams rather than the role players.

Who was it on washington that he fought? Orlov? Again, I'd rather he didn't but these are the types of players I'd want to take off with him if he is going to fight.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I don't want to see it either. Habs need his hands for other things obviously, but if he is going to fight, I'd rather he fight against key guys on other teams rather than the role players.

Who was it on washington that he fought? Orlov? Again, I'd rather he didn't but these are the types of players I'd want to take off with him if he is going to fight.
It’s not about the penalty, it’s about him injuring himself. We need him to be our best player.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It’s not about the penalty, it’s about him injuring himself. We need him to be our best player.

Like I said, I'd rather he doesn't fight at all, but it just seems part of the package. I'd actually like to see him tone it down physically too, considering his size, and the wear and tear over the course of the season, but that's probably not happening either.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Like I said, I'd rather he doesn't fight at all, but it just seems part of the package. I'd actually like to see him tone it down physically too, considering his size, and the wear and tear over the course of the season, but that's probably not happening either.
He started his rookie campaign with 23 pts in 26 games. Then he finished the rest of the season with 29 pts in 55 games. I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
For a few laughs I went back and read thru the thread here made after the Domi Chucky trade. The few of us who liked the trade were slammed pretty good.

I'm trying to remember another trade that was so universally hated when it happened, that turned to universally loved quicker than this trade.
Dude, the revisionists are out in full force. I can't get anyone to actually own up to the fan fiction trade proposals that don't involve Galchenyuk.
That was the haters' first move to try to find a way of accepting that maybe Domi is a good player. Now they deny even having said that much.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't think he can ever be tamed. He outright broke his hand as a Coyote and had to miss games. Still can't get his genes to cool it.

It's more 'parental influence' than genes per se.

Daddy knows best so do like Daddy does. Protect your honor, yaddi yaddi yadda

If he has a good relation with his Dad, he'll do like Daddy does, if it's the opposite, he'll do the opposite. We know it's the former with Max.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

If he has a good relation with his Dad, he'll do like Daddy does, if it's the opposite, he'll do the opposite. We know it's the former with Max.
Didn’t Tie say that he hates when Max fights?

The guy is just an alpha who’ll beat your ass if you come at him.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Daddy didn't tell Max to mimic him in the preseason. The heat of moment came up and boom, headshot and suspension for all preseason. And somehow, that resembled an actual play Tie did in the NHL. But it's not like Tie Domi was texting Max telling him to DEW IT before Max actually did it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Daddy didn't tell Max to mimic him in the preseason. The heat of moment came up and boom, headshot and suspension for all preseason. And somehow, that resembled an actual play Tie did in the NHL. But it's not like Tie Domi was texting Max telling him to DEW IT before Max actually did it.

Dear lord. I'm talking nature vs nurture and am pretty knowledgable on the subject. You said Genes. It's not. Specific behavior isn't genetic, it's in greater part environmental. Let's stop this here, because you're starting to use really ridiculous arguments. I don't wanna derail the thread with specifics about behevioral biology.

FWIW, go look up the prefrontal cortex and how it mediates social inhibitions (control of anger) and how it's the last part of the brain to develop fully (in adolescence) and how it's the part of the brain that has the most transposons and transciption factors, and when one talks about transposons and transciption factors, we're talking about epigenetic effects, and epigenetic effects are driven by environmental cues. For short, nurture.

Reactions: groovejuice

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Ya, he should be a lot more like Droin.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'll say it.

DANAULT IS THE NEW DESHARNAIS.

We all shit on him for sucking, but then he does something so everyone will leave him alone for a bit.

Reactions: dralaf

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I said it earlier, I think he's a more complete player than Chucky, but knew he was overachieving a bit on offense. He scored at least a couple goals that should have never beaten nhl goaltending. We'll see how this ends. I like him, but just doesn't have the same ceiling as Drouin as far as offense goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad