Player Discussion Max Domi - Lookin' Good Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That goalpost at the end would have gone in earlier.

I don't know if you can call it a slump yet but let's see how he responds.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

3 coaches now...

Will this coach also not use him on the right half wall of the power play for half a season and put a player who doesn't have the puck skills nor want to be there in his place?

There's a reason we have one of the worst pp's in the league. And it starts with losing one of the better players on the right half wall in the league.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

3 coaches now...

He’s not a center. Bergevin was right. But that doesn’t forgive the way he was developed.

The Arizona “Galchenyuk has arrived” thread has turned very sour. Fans are calling him a lazy floater. They are regretting this trade big time. I feel bad for them but that’s life :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: nhlfan9191

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Didn't you say that last time...but then he was used at center?..loll
Give it up man. Center or winger, who gives a flying fak. Changes nothing to how bad they handled him here.
He was very badly developed, he’s not a center and never will be. We are just lucky that Bergevin fixed his mistakes and got us Domi. But nothing will ever forgive the damage done and Therrien.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He was very badly developed, he’s not a center and never will be. We are just lucky that Bergevin fixed his mistakes and got us Domi. But nothing will ever forgive the damage done and Therrien.
Ya well he definitely had the potential to be a center when we drafted him but we made sure he never develops that way. Pretty easy 7 years after being used on the wing to say he ain't no center.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Ya well he definitely had the potential to be a center when we drafted him but we made sure he never develops that way. Pretty easy 7 years after being used on the wing to say he ain't no center.
He had lots of potential to be a center. But it’s 4 coaches now if you include his Juniors coach who don’t think he’s a center. At this point in his career Chucky is not a center and will never be one. Part of that has to fall on him as well. Domi is a better player by design so we are the winners here regardless. Max is without a doubt a real centerman.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

If he was never a center then he was developed as well as he could have been.

Maybe it's time to consider Galchenyuk an enigmatic player who doesn't have the extra gear to make him a top player. It's not a talent issue we all know that.

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
If he was never a center then he was developed as well as he could have been.

Maybe it's time to consider Galchenyuk an enigmatic player who doesn't have the extra gear to make him a top player. It's not a talent issue we all know that.
He doesn’t have that gear. But what Therrien did to him, and how Bergy handled him, and the whole drug NHL drug rehab thing that the evil French media leaked. All of that was just bad for him, he made his mistakes but didn’t deserve the horrible treatment he got.

The reality of the situation right now is that Chucky isn’t a center and Domi is.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He had lots of potential to be a center. But it’s 4 coaches now if you include his Juniors coach who don’t think he’s a center. At this point in his career Chucky is not a center and will never be one. Part of that has to fall on him as well. Domi is a better player by design so we are the winners here regardless. Max is without a doubt a real centerman.

The reality of the situation right now is that Chucky isn’t a center and Domi is.

At this point yes...we made sure of that, and no, I don't think that falls on him.

In Junior, he was moved to the wing not because they saw him weak at center, it's because they tried lines that worked very well. After missing an entire season, he played with Sarault and Reid on the wing, and that trio was amazing. They weren't going to change that just to have Galch play center.

Here is why I refuse to put an ounce of blame onto the player. Here is what Bergevin said in 2015:
''Just so you know, halfway through his last junior year in Sarnia he was moved to the wing. He’s comfortable on the wing. As we speak today he’s not a full-time centreman. Will he be? Time will tell. Right now, he’s more comfortable on the wing. At the end of the day, I can’t tell you when or if he’ll be a centreman.
At the end of the day, (Galchenyuk) may never be a centreman. Right now it doesn’t look like he ever will be. He might be, he could be, but I don’t want to just focus on him. … Playing centre in the NHL is not that easy, when he was playing (junior in) Sarnia, they put him on the wing. So maybe they saw something that we saw.
''
That was a big ''wtf?'' moment considering Galchenyuk had barely ever played center here...He had one small stint at center playing around 10 games where he put up 9pts. So it was very bizarre for Bergevin to now say this out of nowhere, especially when he was adamantly claiming Galch was drafted to play center over the previous years.
Let's look at the optics here..
-He's gonna be a center.
-He's gonna be a center.
-He's gonna be a center.
*scores 9pts in 10gp*
-You know what, he might never be a center, and FYI...just so you guys know..midway in juniors he was moved on the wing so you know...maybe we saw something that we saw too okay!..
W-T-F?
I'm sorry, but I can't put any blame on the player when management acted so irrationally.

Then more garbage came out in order to justify this. People started claiming he was bad at faceoffs...well call me crazy but I think if you want someone to improve at the faceoff circle, then make him take draws. Then people brought up the defensive aspect, and I have no idea how some dared to even mentioned this when we used DD at center for so long, and after him, freaking Drouin.
Are you kidding me?? Lol

So ya...we used the vast majority of his developmental years on the wing. It ain't surprising that he didn't become a center. Maybe he would never have been cut out for it. Who knows.
But these appeal to authority arguments are silly.

Also, you should hold off on Domi. They already have started using Shaw at center instead of him on a few occasions, and he's been cooling off.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
At this point yes...we made sure of that, and no, I don't think that falls on him.

In Junior, he was moved to the wing not because they saw him weak at center, it's because they tried lines that worked very well. After missing an entire season, he played with Sarault and Reid on the wing, and that trio was amazing. They weren't going to change that just to have Galch play center.

Here is why I refuse to put an ounce of blame onto the player. Here is what Bergevin said in 2015:
''Just so you know, halfway through his last junior year in Sarnia he was moved to the wing. He’s comfortable on the wing. As we speak today he’s not a full-time centreman. Will he be? Time will tell. Right now, he’s more comfortable on the wing. At the end of the day, I can’t tell you when or if he’ll be a centreman.
At the end of the day, (Galchenyuk) may never be a centreman. Right now it doesn’t look like he ever will be. He might be, he could be, but I don’t want to just focus on him. … Playing centre in the NHL is not that easy, when he was playing (junior in) Sarnia, they put him on the wing. So maybe they saw something that we saw.
''
That was a big ''wtf?'' moment considering Galchenyuk had barely ever played center here...He had one small stint at center playing around 10 games where he put up 9pts. So it was very bizarre for Bergevin to now say this out of nowhere, especially when he was adamantly claiming Galch was drafted to play center over the previous years.
Let's look at the optics here..
-He's gonna be a center.
-He's gonna be a center.
-He's gonna be a center.
*scores 9pts in 10gp*
-You know what, he might never be a center, and FYI...just so you guys know..midway in juniors he was moved on the wing so you know...maybe we saw something that we saw too okay!..
W-T-F?
I'm sorry, but I can't put any blame on the player when management acted so irrationally.

Then more garbage came out in order to justify this. People started claiming he was bad at faceoffs...well call me crazy but I think if you want someone to improve at the faceoff circle, then make him take draws. Then people brought up the defensive aspect, and I have no idea how some dared to even mentioned this when we used DD at center for so long, and after him, freaking Drouin.
Are you kidding me?? Lol

So ya...we used the vast majority of his developmental years on the wing. It ain't surprising that he didn't become a center. Maybe he would never have been cut out for it. Who knows.
But these appeal to authority arguments are silly.

Also, you should hold off on Domi. They already have started using Shaw at center instead of him on a few occasions, and he's been cooling off.
I’ve turned the page on Chucky and haven’t missed him one bit this season. He’s damaged goods period. Bergevin is garbage. We are lucky to have Domi.

They only put Shaw on some of the important faceoffs because he is so dam good at them. Domi’s production has cooled off a bit in the last few but we knew that would happen. But he is definitely a center, theirs no doubt about that, his two way play is very solid.

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
He doesn’t have that gear. But what Therrien did to him, and how Bergy handled him, and the whole drug NHL drug rehab thing that the evil French media leaked.

You're not even trying to hide that racism, are you?

Yup, it was all the French people ruining Galchenyuk. It isn't at all a case of a player that was overrated by some people around here who aren't particularly crafty when it comes to evaluating prospects. To the point where, to avoid embarrassment, they had to rationalize why he couldn't live up to their extremely misguided expectations by making up weird stories about unfair treatment.

Keep it up! Aside from the hateful racism, it's entertaining! Maybe someone will come up with some hidden French ancestry for Tocchet?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Yup, it was all the French people ruining Galchenyuk. It isn't at all a case of a player that was overrated by some people around here who aren't particularly crafty when it comes to evaluating prospects. To the point where, to avoid embarrassment, they had to rationalize why he couldn't live up to their extremely misguided expectations by making up weird stories about unfair treatment.

Keep it up! Aside from the hateful racism, it's entertaining! Maybe someone will come up with some hidden French ancestry for Tocchet?
there's 2, MAYBE 3 posters who fits the bolded, you can add a few others who follow JR leagues in their area and know about a prospect or two. that's it.

The very best in the league have a success rate below 50%, and they're the very best... but hey! lets take shots at regular joes just like you cause they were wrong on some players... very smart! :nod:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Ahh, keep that QC pride crap away from this forum. That’s what I love so much about this site the majority of the time, we can talk Habs without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad