Post-Game Talk: Matty Hatty and Willy Winner Leafs win 4-3 in OT

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Keefe must see this and understand it, he cant be that blind. Something else must be behind that frustrating decision. Nylander would probably do better being placed on the third line while being covered in flypaper.

Keefe is a clown coach. Its a miracle he is the 5th longest standing coach of a team. I mean he must have dirt on someone.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Take away the middle is common, leave every man open including the points and the guy in the low slot is not common.. They literally have 4 out of 4 guys covering the high slot guy.... 22nd on the PK @ 78.23% ...

Remember those posters that said that Matty is wildly inconsistent, that he only shows up for half the games... sigh.... is he consistent enough now?

Some peoples children eh?
Need to bring back that "Matthews is the most overpaid star in the league" thread.

• Love
Reactions: Hellcat and arso40

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Encouraging to see that even at 75% Matthews, Marner and Nylander can win a game on their own.

Last night had to have been the slowest I've seen this team play in the Matthews era.
Matthews won the game on his own. Nylander was meh, scoring a goal in pond hockey doesn’t change that. Marner was good last night. Laeggsson was also good, they need his size back there

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Matthews won the game on his own. Nylander was meh, scoring a goal in pond hockey doesn’t change that. Marner was good last night. Laeggsson was also good, they need his size back there
Willy set up a couple high danger chances drew a penalty with a goal and an assist but your right he was meh

Reactions: Forgotusername

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
As good as Mathews is we all know he has another gear, why he won’t use it is beyond me……….

Reactions: arso40

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Happy they didn’t totally crap it and a great swede goal to win it

But….

https://x.com/tictactomar/status/1758288075527201006?s=46

The Marlander reared its head again. I’m happy to see Keefes response.

If you’re wondering why Keefe is like this. Simple. Stupid, useless, easy to eliminate light backhand at the offensive blue line. Please no more of that. Dump and chase.

Side note: what am I doing wrong about posting the X link?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Marner is a floater. He couldnt be more detrimental to the team.
Either a bad hot take or a comment that he floated to the top of 5x5 effectiveness
Screenshot_20240216_080748_Chrome.jpg

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Willy set up a couple high danger chances drew a penalty with a goal and an assist but your right he was meh
Willy is generally good given who he has to play with. I would love to see him with Robertson, he can’t keep lugging those other two clowns around

horner

May 22, 2007
I still don't understand why Keefe wouldn't put McMann with JTand Nylander.

Especially when McMann just scored 3 goals.

What in his game doesn't Keefe like, he seems to trust Holmberg more.

To me holmberg doesn't excite me alot, always wanting more.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Didn’t know that but the eye test says he’s more engaged now if he can drop the gloves just once😉
I mean that's as likely as us dropping the gloves lmao

Domi went from being one of the best players on the ice Tuesday, to being one of the worst last night.
I'd like him back but only if he comes at his current price for longer term.

We need long term guys that are vocal who are not mercenaries and rentals but man did we ever get hosed on Bert and Domi in terms of what we expected and what we got.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I mean that's as likely as us dropping the gloves lmao

We need long term guys that are vocal who are not mercenaries and rentals but man did we ever get hosed on Bert and Domi in terms of what we expected and what we got.
Only cause you won’t tell me where 😭😭😭😭

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
Once again...

If this team didn't have Matthews, they would be a laughing stock and would be bottom 2-3 in the league.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I never wanted him in the first place, I wouldn't care if they don't bring him back, certainly not for a longer term.
It's easy to see how he wears out his welcome so quickly everywhere he stops.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I never wanted him in the first place, I wouldn't care if they don't bring him back, certainly not for a longer term.
I’d bring him bacc someone’s gotta play center he’s a good passer put him with guys who can put the pucc in the net willy and Robertson would probably look pretty good

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Fair but for 3m he brings a lot of versatility. Stick him as a top 6 wing or let him centre a third line. With the cap going up 3m won't be much esp considering what Kampf is getting

I’d bring him bacc someone’s gotta play center he’s a good passer put him with guys who can put the pucc in the net willy and Robertson would probably look pretty good
Keefe is so dumb lol. He had Marner knies and Domi line absolutely rolling when papi was out and then he never goes back to them. Like wtf?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Encouraging to see that even at 75% Matthews, Marner and Nylander can win a game on their own.

Last night had to have been the slowest I've seen this team play in the Matthews era.
OMG what a sh*tty game of trap hockey .. it was amazing to see Matty, Willy and Mitch's skills on display but game itself caused me to drink pretty hard .. what a sleeper .. my buddy even drove me home from da bar late .. if we paid for that every night i think even da corporate types would say "nahhhh"

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Maybe as a last resort. I'd look at other options, there will be more players available.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I love how people are crapping on Knies for that play, when that’s Willy and Mitch’s favourite move.
Well, considering this is a thread about this game, and Knies made that play in this game and the opponent eventually scored off that play...

I didn't see Willy or Marner make that play in this game. If they did, I am sure people would be talking about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad