Post-Game Talk: Matty Hatty and Willy Winner Leafs win 4-3 in OT

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Except Knies is what 6'3 220ish, and a Power Forward.

Well, considering this is a thread about this game, and Knies made that play in this game and the opponent eventually scored off that play...

I didn't see Willy or Marner make that play in this game. If they did, I am sure people would be talking about it.
There was a very similar play by Marner on the boards where he waved his stick instead of using his body, no goal resulted. Also, on the PP where Marner was at the point and shyed away from contact, almost leading at an odd man rush, but whatever

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
McMann 3 goals moved to 4th line.
AM 3 goals
Will AM get moved down in the lineup

No but that is how Keefe develops players.
Decisions based on money.

Reactions: OddyOh

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Didn’t know that but the eye test says he’s more engaged now if he can drop the gloves just once😉
He's already within 2 of his most hits in a season, and currently at career highs in hits/60 and takeaways/60.

Baby steps.

Reactions: arso40

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Why the f**k would you have to convince JT to play third line minutes? Isn’t it the coach’s job to assemble the line in a way that ensures the best odds of success? Keefe’s the idiot here, JT is playing where he’s told to play, and yes it’s above his abilities right now……..
I used to think the reason JT always had Willy (or Mitch) to carry him was because Dubas insisted on it, to make his mistake look not too bad. I expected that to end when Dubas left (Keefe can't be that blind, can he?)

I'm coming around to the opinion of some posters that it's Shanahan more than Dubas to blame, for both the signing and the continued misuse.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I still don't understand why Keefe wouldn't put McMann with JTand Nylander.

Especially when McMann just scored 3 goals.

What in his game doesn't Keefe like, he seems to trust Holmberg more.

To me holmberg doesn't excite me alot, always wanting more.
Maybe he was being nice to McMann, keeping him away from JT.

I don't think it matters much who is on the left side, so long as JT is in the middle.

Reactions: arso40

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Liljegren had a bad game for his standards defensively but was good offensively. All in all not one of his better games but has been getting WAAAYYYY too much hate lately.

It was a great game for him for takeaways.

This is how they learn and get better.

Like how when he's played 1178 games he doesn't go across ice to fight for the puck when 3 other teammates are at the same place and leave 90% of the ice behind him completely unprotected allowing the opposition to skate in and pull up a chair have a cigarette, offer a light to a passersby and then dunk on Samsonov.

That probably doesn't happen when Liljegren has a few hundred games under his belt.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Fun regular season team but their inability to lock down a game this season will cost them when they really start to matter.
Exactly, it was VERY STUPID of this team to allow the Flyers to take a point from that game.

This team needs to find a killer instinct and find ways to win games IN REGULATION going away with little to no disorganization.

Both of Bertuzzi and Gregor had NO BUSINESS taking o-zone penalties. As their coach, both would be healthy scratches at some point in the next few games.

I also wonder if either Referee have experienced a stick hook to the groin area. I did once during my playing days, and despite obviously wearing a cup, I went down on my knees as a result of getting a stick in such a sensitive area.

There is NO WAY that Geordano should have been assessed a diving penalty on that play. The Refs just DIDN'T WANT our Leafs to get a 2 man advantage !!! Once again, 'game management' was just screwing our Leafs.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't think Gregor got the bench pretty sure he was out on that last 4th line shift with ~3 mins left. But the other 2 definitely missed shifts.

Just for clarification:

1708098628744.png

1708098667174.png

Last edited:
Reactions: TMLife17

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It was a great game for him for takeaways.

This is how they learn and get better.

Like how when he's played 1178 games he doesn't go across ice to fight for the puck when 3 other teammages are at the same place and leave 90% of the ice behind him completely unprotected allowing the opposition to skate in and pull up a chair have a cigarette, offer a light to a passersby and then dunk on Samsonov.

That probably doesn't happen when Liljegren has a few hundred games under his belt.
You've posted expanded game stats before, where do you find those?

Reactions: ULF_55

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2