Post-Game Talk: Matty Hatty and Willy Winner Leafs win 4-3 in OT

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I didn't like they blew the lead obviously but still a big win in OT.

The 2 best guys on forward all year got it done thankfully. D is hanging in there. Sammy was decent.

They better get the 2 points against the ducks and go from there. Take care of business.

Go Leafs Go

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
When he playing in a 3rd pair as 5 or 6th, not when he start to play in a top 4.
But that's just not true. The Rielly-Liljegren pair last year was numerically superior to the Rielly-Brodie pair. The only time Liljegren looks bad in the top 4 is when he gets paired with Brodie, but everyone who plays with Brodie nowadays performs worse with him.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I only watch this team for AM34's quest to 70 at this point.
pretty much this

Bert, Knies, Domi, Tavares, Kampf, terrible

Special Thanks to Ema and Brian Matthews for having sex. Couldn't have done this without them.
What does them having sex tonight have to do with the win?

bowen.gif

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
But that's just not true. The Rielly-Liljegren pair last year was numerically superior to the Rielly-Brodie pair. The only time Liljegren looks bad in the top 4 is when he gets paired with Brodie, but everyone who plays with Brodie nowadays performs worse with him.

like Sandin wo had better numerical number than rielly last season when 75% of leafs fans wanted to trade rielly to give a higher spot to sandin...

avanced stats is not the truth, you need to be able to use it the right way or you will get nothing good from it...

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They deserve the 2 pts. Need to be more discipline as you can't take back to back Ozone penalties.

Beside that sequences, think the boys played well not as tight as the Blues game but it was still a strong game.

Won't fault Sammy on any of the goals, could had done better on the 2nd one but no chance in the first and third.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Rielly is a great player and a #1 defenseman. He is one solely because he is really elite offensively. Liljegren is better defensively, but because he's much worse offensively he isn't even a #2. Stats back both of these up. Like what is so controversial here? Is it really that hard to just admit your opinion that you've provided ZERO evidence for is wrong?
like Sandin wo had better numerical number than rielly last season when 75% of leafs fans wanted to trade rielly to give a higher spot to sandin...

avanced stats is not the truth, you need to be able to use it the right way or you will get nothing good from it...
By all means please tell me how to use them.

Last edited:

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Rielly is a great player and a #1 defenseman. He is one solely because he is really elite offensively. Liljegren is better defensively, but because he's much worse offensively he isn't even a #2. Stats back both of these up. Like what is so controversial here? Is it really that hard to just admit your opinion that you've provided ZERO evidence for is wrong?

By all means please tell me how to use them.
I think the secret is to not use them.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
On the one hand, I applaud JT for coming out and trying to play when you're sick. OTOH, just stay home when you're that sick; at no point tonight were you ever in the game, other than winning a faceoff or two. The only one who truly knows how sick JT is (if even sick at all still, for that matter), is JT. But that was easily the lowest energy game I think I've ever seen out of him so I have to assume he's pretty sick?

lts been just a brutal year for the flu, both with the Leafs and for everyone I know.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Honestly they were both soft as baby shit. Gregors was either no call or both, probably no call. And bertuzzi's call was a sell job and a half. But ya they put themselves in a position to take those penalties which you just can't do at that point of the game.
Agreed neither was a penalty. Classic refs getting involved with easy penalties to the team trailing the game.

Reactions: TMLife17

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Numerically show how Liljegren helps to organize and control a game?

He doesn't have the IQ to do this. You need to be smart team that plays hard to win in the playoffs. xGF% is totally useless for what we're talking about and I'm the biased one. You have not statistically shown anything and are the bias one saying eye test is meaningless.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Rielly statistically isn't lol and your clearly biased eye test doesn't mean anything. He's better overall because he is offensively MUCH, MUCH better but he has been and likely will continue to be the weaker defensive player going forward.
Bertuzzi has a 57% 5v5 xGF and 55% GF.

I will sit back and enjoy watching you convince people their current regular season eye test of Bertuzzi doesn't mean anything :laugh:

Reactions: Duffman955

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Take it ez that guys an offensive blacc hole solid simple hoccey but Zero offensive abilities
A defenseman defending. Who woulda thought...

imagine a matthews 70 goal season plus a stanley cup win for the leafs this year … i feel like the fans deserve it

I'd like to see it just to watch the main boards melt down for years... with a little help from us of course :sarcasm:

Reactions: arso40 and Optimist

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Fun regular season team but their inability to lock down a game this season will cost them when they really start to matter.

Reactions: Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad