Prospect Info: Mattias Norlinder - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Any revisions to this perspective?

Should it? As he accomplished something lately that should make us revisit our ideas about him?

Unless you think we were too high on him? If so, no, I can't say I think differently. Injuries happen and time will tell wheter his style can translate and make things happen in the NHL.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
who was it? simon boisvert (ex scout) who doesn't think he amounts to much? that he's too soft for the NHL? boisvert is high on harris though
I don't know enough about Norlinder, other than highlights, but I think Harris will be an NHLer for sure.

Reactions: badfish

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yep this guy from what I have read will be a superstar in short order...at least from what I read here

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Norlinder listed on the 3rd pair again, with 12 games left in the regular season, perhaps he stays in this spot. Hopefully next year he can stay healthy and get back into the top 3

Reactions: DAChampion

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I don't see him playing in the NHL. They wasted the 2nd round pick from the Pacioretty deal by trading back. Timmins trying to play draft magician again. :(

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I don't see him playing in the NHL. They wasted the 2nd round pick from the Pacioretty deal by trading back. Timmins trying to play draft magician again. :(

if he stays healthy and gets stronger he will absolutely be an NHLer. The question is how good. His skill, skating and shot are all elite. It wasn't the year most of us we're dreaming of but he still showed some progression in certain areas. The new NHL is built for these types of players. He could be an absolute stud. As many injuries he's had, they don't seem to be too hindering. That's a good sign but hopefully he can play some more injury free hockey going forward.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I really think he’s going to be more effective on NA ice, like Ylonen

certainly possible, I didn't get to see a lot of Ylonen but I have seen a lot of Norlinder and there's a lot to like. He'll need to be with a Weber type I'm guessing but that shot, hands, skating, mobility, offensive IQ/confidence are all top notch imo. The SHL still has a lot of the clutch and grab, lot of stuff not called and the injuries have plied up since he was drafted so that's a legit concern but I just can't wait till he's signed and playing over here.

Reactions: Nick Slafkofield

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I really think he’s going to be more effective on NA ice, like Ylonen

We also have to keep in mind Frolundas leading scorer is the lowest leading scorer of any team in the SHL. They're the fifth lowest scoring team with 6 goals separating them from being second to last. I think he's doing fine considering the circumstances as a rookie in a high level league.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For those who don't visit the prospect sticky.. he had quite the game offensively (some not so good moments defensively)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad