Prospect Info: Mattias Norlinder - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Which one, I'm curious?

Filip Johansson, Minnesotas pick from 2018. Johansson is on his second year with Frolundas though.

I'll say though that I had Johansson more as a top 90 prospect than top 30, but still.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Which one, I'm curious?

Elite Prospects - SHL Stats 2020-2021

There's his teammate Filip Johansson who had 1 more pt in 9 more games. Then from the '19 draft there's Broberg who had 3 more pts but in 7 more games as they had very similar ppg's. Broberg was on a better team and not a rookie in the SHL.

Looks like the NYR got a real great prospect in Lundqvist though, what a season he's had.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I expect he'll opt to play the last year of his deal with Frolunda in 21-22 but after that he'll be 100% ready to make an impact in North America in my book. His tools are legit and he's still only scratching the surface at the SHL level.

Reactions: bopeep

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I expect he'll opt to play the last year of his deal with Frolunda in 21-22 but after that he'll be 100% ready to make an impact in North America in my book. His tools are legit and he's still only scratching the surface at the SHL level.

I also think Montreal would rather he finish his contract in Sweden before he comes over. Give him a second season in the SHL and see how he progresses.

Next off-season, we will be seeing the signings of Harris and Norlinder. And depending on how things go for Olofsson, I can see them sign him, as well.

The 2017 draft has filed in and we see the progression of that class.
The 2018 and 2019 drafts have started filing in and more will come over in the next year or so.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I also think Montreal would rather he finish his contract in Sweden before he comes over. Give him a second season in the SHL and see how he progresses.

Next off-season, we will be seeing the signings of Harris and Norlinder. And depending on how things go for Olofsson, I can see them sign him, as well.

The 2018 and 2019 drafts have started filing in and more will come over in the next year or so.

Norlinder is so so so important to our future.

Watching Weber stand still on the blueline without the ability to skate or pass when we need a goal, f***ing awful

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Who knows what the Habs plans are for him, if he loses today his season is over unless he makes the WC team, if they end up having the WC's and if he's on the radar, he did play for Team Sweden this year at Euro Tour so I assume he is on the radar to some degree.

I do know he was asked about it somewhere, something like a reporter asking him if he was under contract in Sweden next year and he said yes and didn't see why he wouldn't be there next year. Going off the top of my head as it was a few months back I believe. That was also before he was dropped from the 3rd D to the 5th/6th D so who knows if he or even if the Habs have changed their thoughts based off that. For all we know MB wanted to sign him before that or maybe he is learning about rushing prospects and wants him to stay in Sweden another year.

I'd love to see him get signed and on the Habs as adding Caufield and Norlinder to the PP would be a ton of fun to see. That said with his defensive issues I would think he stays in the SHL next year and then we see how that goes. They have until June 2023 so they got some time to figure out what to do with him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Norlinder is so so so important to our future.

Watching Weber stand still on the blueline without the ability to skate or pass when we need a goal, f***ing awful

That we now have an abundance of wingers, Suzuki, Kk, Danault, Poehling, and Evan's at center, I expect Timmins to target D's at the draft.

While I'm not in favor of drafting for need, at least it's Timmins' strong suite. We need an offensive dman prospect. But I hope he doesn't reach for one. As long as he drafts D that are good. Petry is our number one D in the short term.

Reactions: jaffy27

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I hope Struble signs as well for 2022-23.
That would give us Guhle, Norlinder, Harris, Struble, and Fairbrother in Laval, with Fleury and Brook having graduated. Though Norlinder may come straight to the NHL.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Wasn't that guy like projected to go in the 3rd though? Anyways, similarly to Romanov, I think coming over would be a lot better for him. Let's see what he can do in the AHL.

Yeah, in a post right after I mention he was more of a top 90 guy. Still though, I thought it worth mentioning as Johansson was still a good player despite the reach. It was more to put context into the numbers on a very low scoring team where Norlinders a rookie and if I'm not mistaken, someone can correct me on this if I am, isn't getting the prime offensive minutes.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That was the thing with MODO as well, it's nothing new. He can adapt and play a conservative game if you ask him to ( like at the WJC) but if you want him to do his thing you have to cut him some slack.

Yep, all part of the growing process that there are times where things just aren't there and you need to make a more pro level play. Subban got really good at this where he would retain possession and wait for something to open up.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
In another year Norlinder and Harris will be behind Struble and Guhle on the depth chart, even if they do sign with Montreal.

Reactions: del17

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd say opposite, want him to become top pairing star in SHL then walk right into NHL. Want to see how he grows in his 2nd season against same competition.
Well we don't know if he can become a top pairing star in the SHL. A guy like Romanov wasn't that in the KHL and I think brining him over was the right move.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In another year Norlinder and Harris will be behind Struble and Guhle on the depth chart, even if they do sign with Montreal.

Norlinder won't be behind either of them because he's entirely a different defenseman. There's also no indication of this being true for Struble as of right now.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Norlinder won't be behind either of them because he's entirely a different defenseman. There's also no indication of this being true for Struble as of right now.
I don't think either Harris or Norlinder signs with Montreal. They may get some small return by trading Norlinder's rights, but nothing beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad