Prospect Info: Mattias Norlinder - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I just looked this up too. Thanks for clearing that up, it’s annoying the amount of misinformation that gets posted :mad:
There is an article from the Edmonton Journal online from 2012, on Gustafsson at his first training camp with the Oilers having just turned 20. Basically everything that's being said about Norlinder, with the exception that Gustafsson was listed at 6-0, 203, and described as being fiesty with a temper. He had over 100 pm in a previous season. Otherwise no substantial difference. Just sign Erik, he's already here and has a few years NHL experience. Probably for about the same cost.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He has the upside to be a top pairing defenseman the same way that a Quinn Hughes, Subban, Karlsson can be. I don't think he's ever going to be elite defensively but his puck movement skills and offense will mean he will see a lot of ice time. The good thing for us is that we will have no shortage of potential partners for him with Romanov or Guhle who can steady things and provide some support.

He's certainly the toolsiest guy in the D pool. He can run a PP1, he can break a game open and he can get the offense started easily and be a 4th forward on the ice.

His play all season has led me to tell people to be patient.. they were worried about points, points, points but he was creating offense and when you do it at the clip he does, production will follow.

yeah that's how I'm seeing him. I honestly don't care if he's not perfect in his own end. Like you said, we have enough guys in our system who can make up for that. Totally fine with a high risk/high reward offensive D who will make more than the occasional defensive gaffe. As long as his offense is good enough to still make him a net positive.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
So people are saying he’s most probably going to end up as another Gustaffson? Really hope not but I guess we’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad