Confirmed with Link: Matthews new deal Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
JT does it pretty much every shift. Hyman does it a lot but of course no one expects him to score from it

Can you imagine Hyman with a snipers touch, he would be a beast with his size, speed, grit, and 200ft game.

All in all though, he has 10g and 14 assists, all while bringing the energy.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hows the stacked line working in Colorado? Team isn't even going to make the playoffs in a crap Western Conference. For the most part it looks great for individual stats but not team success.
Difference is the leafs have two stacked lines not one.

Johnsson Matthews Nylander
Kapanen JT Marner

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Then again there are Oilers fans who seem to think McDavid is the cause of the team’s woes so things aren’t quite at that level here I guess

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Hows the stacked line working in Colorado? Team isn't even going to make the playoffs in a crap Western Conference. For the most part it looks great for individual stats but not team success.

Leafs have much better depth than Avs have though - there is legit no more scoring aside from that line.

Really just get Marleau off his line and get Nylander and maybe Johnsson on there - will make a huge difference.

Reactions: dsred

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
Leafs fans can be the worst sometimes.

We should be thanking the hockey gods every day that we have a talent at Matthews level on the roster instead some people would seriously prefer a collection of mid to late round 1st round picks instead.
Some people may not be happy with his god awful overpaid contract, but I have yet to see any post of this nature.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Leafs have much better depth than Avs have though - there is legit no more scoring aside from that line.

Really just get Marleau off his line and get Nylander and maybe Johnsson on there - will make a huge difference.

Depth is what makes the Leafs most dangerous as well. Having Marleau on the 1st line allows our 3rd line to be much better though (with Kadri and Nylander). And realistically, if Matthews is an elite C in the league, than it really shouldn't matter that much who he plays with. Its not like Marleau and Kapanen are Colton Orr and Matt Martin.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
people earn respect and i didn't hire Dumbass so why should i feel the need to show respect for a yapping poser who i believe is in way over his head ?

you on the other hand can cheer him on and spin/make excuses for every move he makes if you so choose and i'll respect your decision but please don't try to dictate to me how i choose to post
Yeah.
Free speech.
It's still a thing for some people.
Fire Dubas!!

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Depth is what makes the Leafs most dangerous as well. Having Marleau on the 1st line allows our 3rd line to be much better though (with Kadri and Nylander). And realistically, if Matthews is an elite C in the league, than it really shouldn't matter that much who he plays with. Its not like Marleau and Kapanen are Colton Orr and Matt Martin.
But it’s possible for our lineup to be more (or less) than the sum of it’s parts. If you can get more out of Nylander and Matthews from playing them together due to chemistry, and ditto for Kadri and Marleau, it could help the team be better in the long run. Maybe Marleau and Kadri and a combined getter effect on the game than Nylander and Kadri even though Nylander is individually a better player than Marleau. Not saying it will happen, but I really don’t see the harm in trying different things for more than a couple shifts

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
how many times does it need to be repeated to you that its the term and the cap hit together that's the problem and not just the term ?

i don't know what you're getting from this and you and a few fans can run around these boards believing they're swaying the hockey community into believe Dumbass didn't get bent over AGAIN but the truth is he's become the biggest joke in the NHL now that Chia's been fired
Agreed.
Terrible GM.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Do you see that roster that colorado is working with?

I'm still mindblown that Bednar managed to get that group into the playoffs last year and even take 2 games from Nasvhville.

They got 2 terrific guys and pretty much straight junk after that. I have no idea how the teams below them last year (St. Louis, Calgary, Edmonton, Dallas) can look at them and wonder why their team wasn't able to finish ahead of them.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I love how another nhl executive said that Dubas was “incompetent” in the Matthews negotiation. The entirety of the main boards here call it a dramatic overpayment. I’ve never seen the main boards this united about anything.

Most Leafs fans, as usual, are in complete denial and attribute these reactions as (lol) “leaf hate”.

It’s just too much...

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Leafs fans can be the worst sometimes.

We should be thanking the hockey gods every day that we have a talent at Matthews level on the roster instead some people would seriously prefer a collection of mid to late round 1st round picks instead.

I don't think people are writing him off, but are worried he is still injured, that's the main thing I feel, and get from others.

The talent is second to McDavis when healthy, and the difference between before and after injury is drastic.

His contract would draw the fire of any fanbase who watch him just float around since the injury. If it is that, just get it fixed man, get healthy, but I for one still love the player and understand the talent.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I dunno, we are ahead of Boston right now.
Our elite non line stacking Leaf squad is one point ahead of one line Boston. But of course you know that. The point though is we have more than enough talent to have one super elite line, one elite line, and two decent secondary lines. Yet Babcock keeps Nylander on the third line and Johnsson on the 4th.

It's indefensible.

Reactions: Al14

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Then again there are Oilers fans who seem to think McDavid is the cause of the team’s woes so things aren’t quite at that level here I guess
Maybe it is time to bring him home. They need Dman-Zai(who can play PP), players with heart-Brown, and Marner(since he is cheaper than McDavid).

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Our elite non line stacking Leaf squad is one point ahead of one line Boston. But of course you know that. The point though is we have more than enough talent to have one super elite line, one elite line, and two decent secondary lines. Yet Babcock keeps Nylander on the third line and Johnsson on the 4th.

It's indefensible.

What would be indefensible is using all your drivers of offense on the same line. Drivers of offense:

Matthews
Tavares
Marner
Nylander

You put those 4 on 2 lines, you no longer have anyone driving offense on 2 lines.

The way we are now, we have 3 lines containing one of our best drivers of offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad