Matthews,Marner,Nylander Vs Eichel,Dahlin,Mittelstadt for the future?

Which trio would you choose for the future?and why?

• Matthews,Marner,Nylander

Votes: 131 34.0%
  • Eichel,Dahlin,Mittelstadt

Votes: 254 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I don't see marner as the best player out of the group, claiming 100 point on marner and matthews is bold to say the least. A total of 109 NHL players hit 100 points and the number in recent years is far less than it used to be. This year 3 guys hit 100 points to say the leafs will have two guys even at 90 points is a bit of a stretch (only 9 hit 90 this year).
it wasn't meant all for next year, it was the best season during their careers projection

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hey! Look who's back to go against the Leafs! We missed you

Hopefully Dahlin turns out as good as you think.

This might finally be the year HF gets it right, and the Sabres will be better... time will tell

You think I am the only one that thinks Dahlin is that good?

My advice. Do some research.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
You think I am the only one that thinks Dahlin is that good?

My advice. Do some research.

Yeah I've seen enough of your advice Interactif.

I guess if the Sabres finish at the bottom long enough they might catch up. And then be the several years ahead in their rebuilding like everyone was saying.

Strange how getting rid of disco Dan didn't change everything? I thought he was the key... weird

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I guess if the Sabres finish at the bottom long enough they might catch up. And then be the several years ahead in their rebuilding like everyone was saying.

Strange how getting rid of disco Dan didn't change everything? I thought he was the key... weird

In other words you haven't done your research. That explains it.

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Prior to Matthews rookie season everyone had still said the Sabres rebuild was well ahead of the Leafs because they had Jack Eichel. All those people were wrong about that, so just because Dahlin has a lot of hype it does not mean anything.

This makes absolutely no sense in the question asked in this poll/thread.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This makes absolutely no sense in the question asked in this poll/thread.
You are hyping up Dahlin like he's the next coming of Bobby Orr, when the reality is he's not yet played an NHL game and he might turn out like Nail Yakupov. You also mentioned Eichel and how the Sabres were lucky to have him, yet so far Matthews has been the better player and had more success. It was just a few years ago a lot of people said the Sabres rebuild was well ahead because of Eichel.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The results of this poll are spot on right now. 65% to 35% on the strength of Dahlin's addition. Best potential franchise D man available in a draft with elite size, skill, and hockey IQ with Doughty, Hedman, Jones type of potential. Infact he was higher regarded than any of these 3, I can recall.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Eichel was allegedly going to separate himself from Matthews under Housley.

What did we see? Matthews finishing with a higher GPG and PPG and once again led the Leafs to the playoffs.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Did your research help your predictions the past two seasons? Doesn't seem like it. You were still betting on Reinhart to outdo Marner last year.

But the odds are in your favour if you just keep it up. Buffalo will get better

I don't think he bet on that did he?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Did your research help your predictions the past two seasons? Doesn't seem like it. You were still betting on Reinhart to outdo Marner last year.

But the odds are in your favour if you just keep it up. Buffalo will get better

You seem to be upset that 65% of voters in this poll voted for Eichel/Dahlin/Middlestadt. Really I don't care how either camp voted since it is somewhat close enough for 35% to vote the other way. But if you did your draft research, and if you followed previous drafts. You may know Dahlin is regarded as the best D man since Doughty, Hedman, or Jones was drafted. Your non related strawman arguments do not change this. So why not just accept this, and let people choose as 65% here have overwhelmingly done so knowing this.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Eichel was allegedly going to separate himself from Matthews under Housley.

What did we see? Matthews finishing with a higher GPG and PPG and once again led the Leafs to the playoffs.
I remember some Sabres fans saying the team in general would play a lot better under Housley than they did under Byslma. Instead they finished in last place overall for the 3rd time since 2014 and 2015.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You seem to be upset that 65% of voters in this poll voted for Eichel/Dahlin/Middlestadt. Really I don't care how either camp voted since it is somewhat close enough for 35% to vote the other way. But if you did your draft research, and if you followed previous drafts. You may know Dahlin is regarded as the best D man since Doughty, Hedman, or Jones was drafted. Your strawman arguments do not change this. So why not just accept this, and let people choose as 65% here have overwhelmingly done so knowing this.
I'm sure a lot of those 65% of votes for the Sabres was an anti Leafs vote which happens a lot on here.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You seem to be upset that 65% of voters in this poll voted for Eichel/Dahlin/Middlestadt. Really I don't care how either camp voted since it is somewhat close enough for 35% to vote the other way. But if you did your draft research, and if you followed previous drafts. You may know Dahlin is regarded as the best D man since Doughty, Hedman, or Jones was drafted. Your non related strawman arguments do not change this. So why not just accept this, and let people choose as 65% here have overwhelmingly done so knowing this.
Since you are preaching research maybe go look at how the polls involving these 3 have gone in the past. Also I have been reading your player takes for a few yrs now and all I can say is you are 100% welcome in my hockey pool

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
Our "Golden Boys" are all between the ages of 20 and 22. I wasn't aware that the window to win was limited to those ages. Thanks for coming out.
And their players are also young... thanks for coming out dur hur hur

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's

I'm not upset by these results at all. Pretty much what I would expect.

I just find it funny how hard you try to pretend, in thread after thread, poll after poll, year after year, that you're totally unbiased in your posting. Just finding different ways to go against the Leafs.

Anyway, keep on keepin on... Like I said, maybe this is the year Buffalo comes through for you

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not upset by these results at all. Pretty much what I would expect.

I just find it funny how hard you try to pretend, in thread after thread, poll after poll, year after year, that you're totally unbiased in your posting. Just finding different ways to go against the Leafs.

Anyway, keep on keepin on... Like I said, maybe this is the year Buffalo comes through for you
The Sabres might not finish in last place overall again next season, however I see them finishing in the bottom 10 of the NHL standings. I don't care how good Dahlin is projected to be since they still have no Goaltending.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What's really unfortunate for the Sabres is already having Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, and ROR in place and still experiencing last place finishes with point totals that are even worse than the 2015-2016 Leafs who didn't even have Matthews/Marner/Nylander in place.

Expecting Dahlin to get them from dead last to playoffs puts a monumental amount of pressure on him. I think people are making a huge mistake expecting Mittlestadt to be in the same conversation as the rest of the names - nothing is guaranteed with a prospect this uncertain.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What's really unfortunate for the Sabres is already having Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, and ROR in place and still experiencing last place finishes with point totals that are even worse than the 2015-2016 Leafs who didn't even have Matthews/Marner/Nylander in place.

Expecting Dahlin to get them from dead last to playoffs puts a monumental amount of pressure on him. I think people are making a huge mistake expecting Mittlestadt to be in the same conversation as the rest of the names - nothing is guaranteed with a prospect this uncertain.

If I had more time I'd look up the lineup we had at one point after moving some guys early but before bringing up all of Nylander/Brown/Kapanen. I'm pretty sure Arcobello-Holland-Booth was our 2nd line at one point behind the powerhouse Komarov-Kadri-Parenteau line. Good thing we had Vezina Bernier in net.

How anyone can finish with worse GF/GA stats than that team is absolutely beyond me, half of that team was AHL level players and that's not even an exaggeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest