Matthews,Marner,Nylander Vs Eichel,Dahlin,Mittelstadt for the future?

Which trio would you choose for the future?and why?

• Matthews,Marner,Nylander

Votes: 131 34.0%
  • Eichel,Dahlin,Mittelstadt

Votes: 254 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
40g #1 C and the two young 60+ pt forwards over the 25g #1C and two prospects

If Dahlin steps in as one of the top dmen right away maybe it will change

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
tough call - 2 franchise level talents and one unkown for Buffalo, One franchise level talent, one 1st liner that played near franchise level for the second half of last season, and another 1st liner with some upside for Toronto

voted Buffalo for rarity, could see this going either way

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Matthews is slightly better than Eichel IMO. But Dahlin will likely be significantly better piece than either Marner or Nylander. Mittelstad is still wide open. I guess Dahlin is promising enough for me to take the Sabres trio. It's close though.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Voted for the Maple Leafs trio.

Dahlin's a huge factor, but I think Matthews is better than Eichel and Marner is more proven than Mittlestadt.

If Mittlestadt turns out to be close to Marner then the gap between Dahlin-Nylander will be more critical than the Matthews-Eichel + Marner-Mittlestadt gap.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Went with Sabers. Although as it currently stands I think Matthews is the best here. Eichel+Dahlin is something I could not pass on for the future

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
If anyone thinks Dahlin is already stoved to come in and be better than a player like Matthews, your damn insane and same if you think the gap between Marner and Eichel is bigger than the one between Nylander and Mittelstadt your even more insane. This is the Leafs by a safe margin until proven otherwise...

Matthews = Dahlin

Marner < Eichel

Nylander >> Mittelstadt

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Buffalo can keep winning HF polls between the two teams. Leafs will continue winning on the ice. Something Buffalo hasn't done and has actually been getting worse at doing over the past seven years.

Reactions: FishManSam

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
[mod]

Dahlin>Eichel/Matthews>Marner>>
Nylander/Mittlestadt

But nothing any of us biased goofs say means shit all until the games start, and the Sabres are going nowhere without significantly improved goaltending.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wouldn't the better comparison be; Matthews, Marner & Rielly vs Eichel, Dahlin, & Mittelstadt?

Seems kinda skewed to include the Sabres young #1D, and not the Leafs young #1D

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
[mod]

Nylander/Mittlestadt

But nothing any of us biased goofs say means **** all until the games start, and the Sabres are going nowhere without significantly improved goaltending.
if HF polls meant anything, Leafs would be the worst team in the league by far and every Leafs player would be terrible

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
if HF polls meant anything, Leafs would be the worst team in the league by far and every Leafs player would be terrible
Exactly so don't take it too seriously and let us have these summer polls :laugh: But real talk I do think the Leafs could use another high end elite piece to be a true contender and it's going to be hard to get as long as they keep making the playoffs.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
[mod]

Nylander/Mittlestadt

But nothing any of us biased goofs say means **** all until the games start, and the Sabres are going nowhere without significantly improved goaltending.

Yeah a team that finished dead last with over half their future core in place.

OMG we're shaking in our boots :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We ain't buying the wolf tickets bro. Leafs are and will be in a league of their own compared to the Sabres for a very, very long time.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Yeah a team that finished dead last with over half their future core in place.

OMG we're shaking in our boots :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We ain't buying the wolf tickets bro. Leafs are and will be in a league of their own compared to the Sabres for a very, very long time.
There's a lot more to a team than it's core. For example the kings have a better core right now than the leafs even though the leafs have a better team. Kopitar, Carter and Doughty>Matthews, Marner and Reilly.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
[mod]

Nylander/Mittlestadt

Keep winning off the ice. That worked out so well 3 years ago. Remember how far ahead the Sabres rebuild was than Toronto's?

Rinse, repeat.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
I'll take the franchise C, another C and a Franchise D over a Franchise C, another C and a W. Why would you do a poll comparing 3 forwards and 2 forwards+ a defensemen? The leafs will still be better than the Sabres over the next 10 years though.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Dahlin probably tips this towards Buffalo but if Marner becomes what i think he can its alot closer.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Dahlin is going to have to prove himself before I vote for Buffalo.

Honestly if he gets thrown on that Buffalo team the way it's constructed, he could be ruined. You just don't throw a 18 year old out there and expect him to be be your best defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad