TSN: Matt Duchene is the Coyotes primary focus

member 149439

The Duchene trade threads to the Islanders asking for Barzal Sorokin and a first. The Duchene trade to Quebec. In each case av's fans swore their asks were reasonable. Even generous, but in the end we can see that wasn't exactly the truth

oh yeah let's not forget the Tyson Barrie for Hall threads either. Hey I don't blame them it's what they do. But they never admit that they were trying to take advantage either. And that to me isn't kosher.

Ill have to have a look at those threads, I assume the Duchene to the islanders thread is from a season or two ago? Since he hasnt been an Av for 2 years. Duchene to Quebec?? Maybe I am completely out of the loop but Quebec has no team...perhaps you meant Montreal. I think it is a little farsighted to say that Avalanche fans are the only ones who have unfair or unreasonable trade threads or even trade opinions. As far as Barrie for Hall, that's a much more even trade than the actual Hall trade that happened, maybe that was the basis for that reasoning? To me it sounds like you just don't like the Avalanche :huh:. Which is fine, but lets not be blind to the fact that most people prefer for their team to come out on top of trades and since none of us on this site have any actual pull or knowledge of the real happenings behind the doors of NHL teams, an opinion discussion boards leads to people showing their bias or preferred victor in a trade. I for one would never propose a trade that would make my team worse, that is just bad business.

I also dont entirely see how any of that is "lying" i was expecting for an example that an Av fan told you the pepsi center ice was actually pepsi, now thats a lie

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
Ill have to have a look at those threads, I assume the Duchene to the islanders thread is from a season or two ago? Since he hasnt been an Av for 2 years. Duchene to Quebec?? Maybe I am completely out of the loop but Quebec has no team...perhaps you meant Montreal. I think it is a little farsighted to say that Avalanche fans are the only ones who have unfair or unreasonable trade threads or even trade opinions. As far as Barrie for Hall, that's a much more even trade than the actual Hall trade that happened, maybe that was the basis for that reasoning? To me it sounds like you just don't like the Avalanche :huh:. Which is fine, but lets not be blind to the fact that most people prefer for their team to come out on top of trades and since none of us on this site have any actual pull or knowledge of the real happenings behind the doors of NHL teams, an opinion discussion boards leads to people showing their bias or preferred victor in a trade. I for one would never propose a trade that would make my team worse, that is just bad business.

I also dont entirely see how any of that is "lying" i was expecting for an example that an Av fan told you the pepsi center ice was actually pepsi, now thats a lie
Sorry meant ottawa. I always forget that Ottawa is in Ontario because their fans see the Canadiens as their primary rival why I'm not sure.

and it has more to do with the attitude of Avs fans. That more than anything else. Why else would Avs fans actively discourage Coyotes fans from going after Duchene? Don't they deserve nice things?

member 149439

Sorry meant ottawa. I always forget that Ottawa is in Ontario because their fans see the Canadiens as their primary rival why I'm not sure.

and it has more to do with the attitude of Avs fans. That more than anything else. Why else would Avs fans actively discourage Coyotes fans from going after Duchene? Don't they deserve nice things?

I really truly think the reason Avs fans wouldn't want Duchene in Arizona or even Nashville is so that they don't have to see him 5-6 times a year... it has nothing to do with not wanting the coyotes to have good things... Someone already brought up the point of him staying out of Arizona so that avs fans dont have to see the avs play him 5 times. Some avalanche fans are quality people with educated opinions on the league and players. Dont lump everyone in with a few bad apples, or even a lot of bad apples. That isnt sound logic, or I would have to say based on an interaction I had in person with a Blues fan, that all blues fans are racist... When clearly they are not. i know quality blues fans too.

I do appreciate the honest conversation and explaining to me what you meant, I was a bit taken a back at first.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
I really truly think the reason Avs fans wouldn't want Duchene in Arizona or even Nashville is so that they don't have to see him 5-6 times a year... it has nothing to do with not wanting the coyotes to have good things... Someone already brought up the point of him staying out of Arizona so that avs fans dont have to see the avs play him 5 times. Some avalanche fans are quality people with educated opinions on the league and players. Dont lump everyone in with a few bad apples, or even a lot of bad apples. That isnt sound logic, or I would have to say based on an interaction I had in person with a Blues fan, that all blues fans are racist...
And that is perfectly fine I agree. But say it that way. Say I don't want you to sign Duchene because I don't want to face him. Don't come in here and say it's not financially responsible for you to sign him like Patagonia just did. It's a crock and you know it.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
I really truly think the reason Avs fans wouldn't want Duchene in Arizona or even Nashville is so that they don't have to see him 5-6 times a year... it has nothing to do with not wanting the coyotes to have good things... Someone already brought up the point of him staying out of Arizona so that avs fans dont have to see the avs play him 5 times. Some avalanche fans are quality people with educated opinions on the league and players. Dont lump everyone in with a few bad apples, or even a lot of bad apples. That isnt sound logic, or I would have to say based on an interaction I had in person with a Blues fan, that all blues fans are racist... When clearly they are not. i know quality blues fans too.

I do appreciate the honest conversation and explaining to me what you meant, I was a bit taken a back at first.
in all honesty I appreciate your candidness too. And as a general rule you are absolutely correct. It's just that I've been here a long time and certain trends are hard to ignore. To those Avs fans who value their personal integrity I appologize. I shouldn't have lumped you in with the less than honest ones.

Thefors, not knowing how long you've been here, I can only tell you how much grief was put on sens fans in the aftermath of the Duchene trade, you'd have been appalled. I know for a fact that a few Avs posters actually apologized for it. So I do know you are correct. It's just sad that the good ones pay for the bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: thefors

member 149439

in all honesty I appreciate your candidness too. And as a general rule you are absolutely correct. It's just that I've been here a long time and certain trends are hard to ignore. To those Avs fans who value their personal integrity I appologize. I shouldn't have lumped you in with the less than honest ones.

Thank you and I am glad we were able to find common ground, at the end of the day we are all HOCKEY fans anyway right? :)

It is nice to actually have a quick conversation without resorting to insulting things about the others town or airport :laugh: (sadly happened in the Calgary v Avalanche playoff thread)

Reactions: drhockey4321

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
Thank you and I am glad we were able to find common ground, at the end of the day we are all HOCKEY fans anyway right? :)

It is nice to actually have a quick conversation without resorting to insulting things about the others town or airport :laugh: (sadly happened in the Calgary v Avalanche playoff thread)
Thats different heat of the action sort of thing. That I accept as par for the course. It is the incessant digs that I saw to Sens fans. I mean I get it you had every right to be happy you were likely getting the top pick from ottawa. Id be happy too. But show some compassion, be graceful about it. You don't get extras for rubbing salt in the wound. I'm not saying you did mind you. Because to my knowledge YOU didn't but sadly for both of us some did. And that was wrong. As an aside having used all three. Pearson is the cleanest airport but I'm biased I met my wife in Calgary 's we had met online corresponded. And never having seen even her picture I went to calgary. I walked into the main area, and she threw her arms around my neck and kissed me..So yeah I'm biased

Last edited:

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Doesnt Duchene want to win? I know the Coyotes are trending up, but I cant see them ever winning the Cup without an insanely lucky run.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

Lol don’t listen to that noise about the Habs. It has been and always will be the Leafs.

Reactions: drhockey4321

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
Lol don’t listen to that noise about the Habs. It has been and always will be the Leafs.
good to know. Ive never been to ottawa so I only know what Ive heard. I used to know a guy who was an exec there Roy Mlakar. so im going by his old stories. he was a very nice guy

Reactions: Clayonator

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
And that is perfectly fine I agree. But say it that way. Say I don't want you to sign Duchene because I don't want to face him. Don't come in here and say it's not financially responsible for you to sign him like Patagonia just did. It's a crock and you know it.

You're twisting comments by others to fit your unreasonable belief about Duchene.

I mentioned about the financial situation, because of the tremendous annual bailouts to keep the team afloat. Paying a player well beyond his market value might seem to generate attention, but other teams shouldn't be responsible in paying his bloated salary. As for the player, he might not be interested in constant rebuilds. Money might not be enough to entice him to choose AZ over teams like CBJ, MTL or NSH with strong fanbases ad trending upwards.

I'll be happy wherever he lands, just trying to be realistic and AZ might be the least likely choice.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
ok that may be true but going by the most common comparables (Tavares, OReilly, Stasny ie the ones that did actually move) the common denominator was invariably money

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Mad at your father, too? Geez. Your point was dull and your analogy was worse. Your ***** for the little girl from Harry Potter doesn't have much to do with any of this.

I save my best for HFBoards so this is a real stab in the gut for me.

Take yourself a little less seriously you might find you enjoy yourself.

Reactions: Wings4Life

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
RT is nice like that. He genuinely cares. Trust me he and I have chatted going back ten years probably Since my old Mentor Darth was around. He meant you no disrespect.

I find RT a thoughtful poster, the pedantry for the sake of pedantry is lame though. Scanners find no sense of bants to be found.

Last edited:

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
I find RT a thoughtful poster, the pedantry for the sake of pedantry is lane though. Scanners find no sense of bants to be found.
You'd be surprised then to know he once was quite animated. He has mellowed out yes. When I was a newbie he and Darth went toe to toe a time or two. Now he's more of an elder statesman....But I'm sure that fire still burns.

It's one of the benefits of being older than dirt. Which I am. I tended to be more like you, say things that might be outlandish. Have fun. eventually we all mellow though. Even you will my friend.

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
You'd be surprised then to know he once was quite animated. He has mellowed out yes. When I was a newbie he and Darth went toe to toe a time or two. Now he's more of an elder statesman....But I'm sure that fire still burns.

It's one of the benefits of being older than dirt. Which I am. I tended to be more like you, say things that might be outlandish. Have fun. eventually we all mellow though. Even you will my friend.

I am pretty damn mellow my dude. My job responsibilities involve watching real three dimensional fully actualized people die. The internet isn't a serious place. I try to be absurd, sometimes people take that the wrong way. So it goes.

drhockey4321

Jun 5, 2019
I am pretty damn mellow my dude. My job responsibilities involve watching real three dimensional fully actualized people die. The internet isn't a serious place. I try to be absurd, sometimes people take that the wrong way. So it goes.
Wow I couldn't even begin to put myself in that position even as a thought exercise.. I don't blame you for one bit, you do what you need to to cope however you must. If people don't understand that's on them not you.

we tend to forget that caregivers and medical and scientific professionals have outside lives too, so for those of us who are less than accepting I appologize. I know I probably am overreacting over nothing but I also know there are thousands who do thankless tasks everyday and I do appreciate their efforts.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I try to be absurd, sometimes people take that the wrong way. So it goes.
You may be a Tralfamadorian, but your initial foray into this thread wasn’t absurdist, and I don’t even think I’d give it credit for being a quip. It was a lazy, ill-fitting analogy that was intended as flippant and marginalizing. But it very clearly backfired. If you’re going to levy a poorly constructed insult, you might want to consider taking the obvious retorts that follow less to heart.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
You may be a Tralfamadorian, but your initial foray into this thread wasn’t absurdist, and I don’t even think I’d give it credit for being a quip. It was a lazy, ill-fitting analogy that was intended as flippant and marginalizing. But it very clearly backfired. If you’re going to levy a poorly constructed insult, you might want to consider taking the obvious retorts that follow less to heart.

I respect your crusade against all the flippant comments on HFBoards. Godspeed buddy.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
7 years
9.5 million AAV
Full NMC all 7 years
Front loaded
Signing+lockout bonuses

That's what he will get. Book it.

Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events