TSN: Matt Duchene is the Coyotes primary focus

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ok but why would Arizona be his primary focus? Arizona is not a winning situation and outside of a magic run in 2012 never has been , they have missed the playoffs 7 straight years, the only team with a longer streak is Buffalo , the difference is Buffalo has some good things going for them in Eichel, Dalhin, they kept Skinner.

Where is Arizona's Eichel? Where is their Skinner? Where is their Reinhart? They can Dalhin with Larsson with Larsson but that's it.

If I'm a free agent I'd go to Buffalo or almost anywhere else over Arizona because Arizona has given me no reason to believe they will get better.

I'd still go to Arizona over Ottawa though so there is that.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
350.png

Jan 21, 2018
Look at all the Leaf experts on where Duchene isn’t going to sign, weird.

Almost as weird as you believing that the team someone follows has any impact on their ability to recognize that one of the top free agents probably isn't going to sign with the team closest to relocating.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Ok but why would Arizona be his primary focus? Arizona is not a winning situation and outside of a magic run in 2012 never has been , they have missed the playoffs 7 straight years, the only team with a longer streak is Buffalo , the difference is Buffalo has some good things going for them in Eichel, Dalhin, they kept Skinner.

Where is Arizona's Eichel? Where is their Skinner? Where is their Reinhart? They can Dalhin with Larsson with Larsson but that's it.

If I'm a free agent I'd go to Buffalo or almost anywhere else over Arizona because Arizona has given me no reason to believe they will get better.

I'd still go to Arizona over Ottawa though so there is that.

It's a miracle they almost made the playoffs this year without a Skinner, Eichel, Reinhart or Dahlin and half their roster on IR while Buffalo flopped completely.

They're much more well rounded and have more depth with Schmatlz, Keller, Stepan, Galchenyuk, Dvorak, Hinostroza, Fisher, Richardson, Grabner and Crouse. They also actually have synergy Buffalo looks like 3 different teams depending on which lines are playing. And their defense has guys behind OEL who actually know how to take care of the defensive end, something Buffalo does not

Reactions: zaqq

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Honestly, it’s whichever number you want it to be as long as it’s in the negatives, anything higher than 0 is just dreaming

Just a friendly word of advice; I would stick to expressions like "there's no chance!", and just leave the math out of it I were you... Its not doing you or your case any favors.

Reactions: zaqq

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
love it........ I must have read all of Vonneguts book at least ten times when I was 14-15 Breakfast of champions, Sirens of Titan, Cats Cradle, Mother Night,Welcome to the monkey house, I just couldn't get enough. My poor mother, she had no idea what I was jabbering about. Now I'll probably read them again just because you reminded me.

that's the best thing about a kindle fire.

I've always thought the measure of an author, be he a novelist or researcher, is the ability to take complicated ideas and present them in simple language. Kurt was better at that than anyone else I've encountered. He could use understatement for comedy and tragedy. The world is worse off without him.

Anyways, Matt Duchene is a free agent and so it is with everything else.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Just a friendly word of advice; I would stick to expressions like "there's no chance!", and just leave the math out of it I were you... Its not doing you or your case any favors.

My case this guy says, we’re on a hockey forum not in a board room meeting, fine how’s this, there’s no chance he’s signing there, that better for you? You’re a hack.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
My case this guy says, we’re on a hockey forum not in a board room meeting, fine how’s this, there’s no chance he’s signing there, that better for you? You’re a hack.

Says who? We all know Duchene wants to win, and Arizona isn't a cup contender, it's true. But no one here is saying that they're the frontrunner to land him as a UFA.

We're in a hockey forum not a board meeting, it's true. But we're also not in Duchene's personal home listening to his thoughts. Maybe he wants more privacy? He'd get that in AZ. Maybe he wants to be the #1C on his team? He'd be that in AZ. Maybe he wants sunny weather? He'd get that in AZ. Maybe he's going to chase some money? AZ, with their ownership change, might be able to offer him a hefty contract.

There is a chance he signs there.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The Coyotes can add Duchene without moving contracts, and already have a full roster. Adding MD pretty much makes them a playoff team, as long as they stay healthy. New owner will change the team from being a budget team to a competitive environment.

Which teams can afford MD without moving contracts, sign their free agents, and have a full roster? Of those teams which need a #1C? Schmaltz and Keller would make great linesmates. The other centers are good solid 2-way forwards.
Anyone that doesn't think Matt Duchene has the Coyotes on his radar don't know what they are talking about. His agent already leaked it out that he wants to go to AZ. It could be posturing for an auction to the highest bidder. Can't see Chayka overpaying, but we should be in the running.

Reactions: FinnishCoyote

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
The Coyotes can add Duchene without moving contracts, and already have a full roster. Adding MD pretty much makes them a playoff team, as long as they stay healthy. New owner will change the team from being a budget team to a competitive environment.

Which teams can afford MD without moving contracts, sign their free agents, and have a full roster? Of those teams which need a #1C? Schmaltz and Keller would make great linesmates. The other centers are good solid 2-way forwards.
Anyone that doesn't think Matt Duchene has the Coyotes on his radar don't know what they are talking about. His agent already leaked it out that he wants to go to AZ. It could be posturing for an auction to the highest bidder. Can't see Chayka overpaying, but we should be in the running.
When did his agent leak he wants to go to AZ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad