Waived: Matt D'Agostini Waived (Claimed by Buffalo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
This is what makes this news actually quite shocking to me.

Doesn't that mean Buffalo gives up first place waiver priority to claim D'Agostini?

No. That's all fantasy hockey stuff. Buffalo will have first priority as long as they're in last place. They can claim all players hitting waiver wire if they so want.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Glad he's out of our hair.
More happy for the WBS players that will be given a chance at a roster spot.
Nows your chance boys.
Show us what you got.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Waive Glass, Adams and Kobasew and we should be good to go.

Why Kobasew? He was good next to Sutter early in the season. He only started to suck once put next to Malkin. Play him next to Sutter where he belongs and he should be just fine.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
I really don't understand the Dupuis bashing, the guy put up two career seasons in a row prior to this one including 25 even strength goals two years ago. He's taken a step back this year sure, but seriously I don't think Dupuis is really the problem here. Bylsma usage of Dupuis is a problem and no he shouldn't be with Sid playing the way he is, but on the 3rd line he'd be great! Remember that tipped pass to Sutter leading to Sutter's goal against Boston? Granted it's one play but I really do think Dupuis could really boost our 3rd line.

As far as D'agostini goes, I won't miss him, he was invisible until he took a dumb penalty. He's been outplayed by Megna, Bennett, and Gibbons. Give the kids a shot I say.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I really don't understand the Dupuis bashing, the guy put up two career seasons in a row prior to this one including 25 even strength goals two years ago. He's taken a step back this year sure, but seriously I don't think Dupuis is really the problem here. Bylsma usage of Dupuis is a problem and no he shouldn't be with Sid playing the way he is, but on the 3rd line he'd be great! Remember that tipped pass to Sutter leading to Sutter's goal against Boston? Granted it's one play but I really do think Dupuis could really boost our 3rd line.

As far as D'agostini goes, I won't miss him, he was invisible until he took a dumb penalty. He's been outplayed by Megna, Bennett, and Gibbons. Give the kids a shot I say.

that's the problem. He got paid for putting up career years into his mid-30s. Instead of exercising some restraint and caution and going, 'wow, maybe a career year in your mid 30s during a lockout-shortened season isn't indicative of future performance" they said, "hey, a 34-year old, uncreative, no hands top-6 winger is part of our core! let's lock him up for 4 years."

It was a horrible business decision, and this is not hindsight for me, as I said it before, during, and after his re-sign.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
that's the problem. He got paid for putting up career years into his mid-30s. Instead of exercising some restraint and caution and going, 'wow, maybe a career year in your mid 30s during a lockout-shortened season isn't indicative of future performance" they said, "hey, a 34-year old, uncreative, no hands top-6 winger is part of our core! let's lock him up for 4 years."

It was a horrible business decision, and this is not hindsight for me, as I said it before, during, and after his re-sign.

I would have preferred to resign Cooke to the deal he got in Minny than Dupuis to this deal.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
By the way Buffalo had the first place in waiver priority order. D'Agostini was a hot commodity.

We've now lost three guys on waivers this year: D'Agostini, Jeffrey and MacIntyre. Last season we lost Strait. Seems like teams covet our scrubs. A problem good teams usually have since I think Los Angeles Kings have lost quite a few players on waivers in the past few years too. Chicago lost Stanton this season. Nobody wants Detroit's overpaid bums though.

Why do you make that leap? There is no indication that anyone else would have put a claim in if he had gone past Buffalo. It could be a mere coincidence that they had first option and exercised it.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Buffalo is lousy and recently sent about half of their roster down to junior or the minors, that's why they leaped on a vet on a league minimum deal, not because D'Agostini is some sort of hot commodity.

He fetched late round swap (D'Agostini & a 2015 7th rounder for a 2015 5th rounder) at the deadline last year and his value has decreased since then. But hey, whatever fits the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad