Waived: Matt D'Agostini Waived (Claimed by Buffalo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
that's the problem. He got paid for putting up career years into his mid-30s. Instead of exercising some restraint and caution and going, 'wow, maybe a career year in your mid 30s during a lockout-shortened season isn't indicative of future performance" they said, "hey, a 34-year old, uncreative, no hands top-6 winger is part of our core! let's lock him up for 4 years."

It was a horrible business decision, and this is not hindsight for me, as I said it before, during, and after his re-sign.

You forgot "contract year" too ;)

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I had no problem with the D'Agostini signing....the organization was doing its due diligence and did what they needed to do.

This is what happens when you have an organization that has Malkins and Crosbys. Look outside the box and find something that works. Some do and some don't

Players that are fighting for spots in the minors to get on the big club can fine tune things they need to be ready to go.

We gave him a look, I'm glad we did now move on

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Buffalo claiming him just solidifies their attempt at tanking this year, which they desperately need to resurrect their franchise from being bottom feeders indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad