Mats Zuccarello Awesome (Appreciation thread part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
The Sandy McCarthy in there sort of speaks wonders about those years.

They were some rough years. That's why I still don't regret my Ortmeyer jersey - when he came up from Hartford he was a bright spot of light after a lot of godawful years. We had tons of players going through the motions, not making an effort, and then Jed comes up and is skating all over the place. On a team where no one seemed to care (for years), this guy is out there working his ass off. Gave fans something to root for besides watching McCarthy, Pilon, Barnaby, Purinton, etc pummel people all night (well, lets be honest, Barnaby rarely pummelled anyone, but his fights were always entertaining).

Wolfy*

2 goals and an assist last night, I'd say Zucc is back in business :)

Pouliot and Brassard also played well, that line got some excellent chemistry.

I don't think Zucc has problems with his hand, 3 weeks ago he said the pain was almost gone..

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
2 goals and an assist last night, I'd say Zucc is back in business :)

Pouliot and Brassard also played well, that line got some excellent chemistry.

I don't think Zucc has problems with his hand, 3 weeks ago he said the pain was almost gone..

My guess is that the pain is 90% gone for normal living stuff but every once in a while he gets a sharp pain when doing things like taking a shot or receiving a hard pass. Thats how it has always been for me with broken hands and wrists. They often take a long time of no activity to heal 100% but are usable 90% of the time.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
The injury definitely took a toll. I was glad that AV had him out there short handed. His game really gained confidence earlier this season when he got more minutes playing short handed. Despite the slump since the injury somebody on twitter said he has 19 points in his last 19 games. That does not seem possible but I did not have time to check it out.

18 points in the last 19 games. I would say that is an acceptable production.

0.75p/g so far. In my opinion acceptable (.83p/g post scratch)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Just because he scored his first goal since January doesn't mean he hasn't been contributing. He's had a lot of assist, and, unlike Richards, they were not all secondary assists.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
18 points in the last 19 games. I would say that is an acceptable production.

0.75p/g so far. In my opinion acceptable (.83p/g post scratch)

18 points in his last 19 points is a shocking number given the broken hand and other conditions. I'm happy for him. I'd like to see him stay on the penalty kills. I think it helps his overall game.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
18 points in his last 19 points is a shocking number given the broken hand and other conditions. I'm happy for him. I'd like to see him stay on the penalty kills. I think it helps his overall game.

add the fact that he is the player with the lowest goals against per min (of those who has played it more than a few min) on the team shorthanded and that should be another good reason

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I'd like to see him stay on the penalty kills. I think it helps his overall game.

On that note I still have no idea why he was taken off it in the first place, we didnt concede any goals on the PK, and suddenly Nash had his spot.

Not that it matters much, I'm sure AV had a good reason

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
On that note I still have no idea why he was taken off it in the first place, we didnt concede any goals on the PK, and suddenly Nash had his spot.

Not that it matters much, I'm sure AV had a good reason

Nash is scoring goals on the PK more than the Rangers are giving up PP goals against.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
MSL, Zucc, and Nash all being used on the PK is brilliant coaching by Ulf and AV. We're a ridiculous threat to score shorthanded with them on the ice, and those goals can be serious back breakers, like tonight against the Canucks.

Congrats to Zucc too on having the highest point totals of any Norwegian born NHL'er!

So impressed by his season. He can only get better from here too, methinks.

On a sidenote, nice to see him rush to McD's aide when Girardi didn't.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Haha, this article on Zuccarello, yesterday on april fools day:

Zuccarello retires after this season to star in the movie "The Hobbit: There and back again"

BHrMaHLCUAE0Wjg.jpg

Wolfy*

Yeah Zucc and the real Hobbit actor could pass for two twins.

But I don't think Zucc would be a good actor, he seems to hate cameras...and Al Trautwig :laugh:

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
The priest on Vikings really reminds me of Zucc.
I think I heard somewhere that Christianity was his favourite class in junior high.
He would make a fine priest. Old School, reading the gospel in a quiet monotone voice.
Eye for an eye.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
I agree that that sucks for GoT (and many other series), but that doesn't excuse the godawful acting and every single person in the series having a different accent from everyone else.

Zuke could do that.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
GoT is high quality. Vikings is like that summer popcorn movie that you forget an hour after you leave the theater. Both have their place in the world. :)

Oh and I don't think I saw this here yet. MZA posted it a couple of days ago.

8b2700eab93c11e386e712e7012cbf9d_8.jpg

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
I saw this, was trying to figure out who is in the picture. Is it from left to right, MZA, Nash, Hagelin, McDonagh?

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I saw this, was trying to figure out who is in the picture. Is it from left to right, MZA, Nash, Hagelin, McDonagh?

Hagelin? I see no blonde.

The two on the right are definitely MZA and McDonagh.

I'd guess the two on the left are Stepan and Nash. Nash could be Brass. Can't really tell.

Stepan is kind of a guess based on his receding Getzlaf-esque hairline.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Where is this taken ? I kinda like the idea of the teammates hanging out in their spare time being horrible at mario kart

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
Hagelin? I see no blonde.

The two on the right are definitely MZA and McDonagh.

I'd guess the two on the left are Stepan and Nash. Nash could be Brass. Can't really tell.

Stepan is kind of a guess based on his receding Getzlaf-esque hairline.

Yeah I think you are right. It makes sense too...Stepan and McD being close from already being college teammates and then of course MZA+Brassard being linemates

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I love Zucc's shirt in that pic.

So anyone think Zucc can hit 60 points by the end of the season?

Would be great for him. 5 more points in the 4 last games is definetely in reach now when he seems to have found back tom himself with Brass and Poo. He has 5 points in his last 3 games.

I predict his first hat trick i one of the 3 home games coming up.

Beautiful assist last night btw.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
On the main boards someone objected to someone calling MZA an elite 2nd liner. I said I think he has 70 point potential and that would definitely make him an elite 2nd liner and probably an above average 1st liner. You guys think he has that potential? I honestly think he develops his shot some he can be a PPG player in a career year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad