Mats Zuccarello Awesome (Appreciation thread part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I never understood how the word "clutch" is a positive remark when it comes to sports. It sounds more like a clutch-player is a guy who makes stupid mistakes. It just doesn't sound like a positive word.

Its a word which in this case describes seizing the moment and making decisive plays. A more direct definition is to grasp. Translated to sports, to seize the moment in play.

To be clutch simply indicates that he's a differencemaker.

Its a very sexy word

surGeon

Mar 4, 2011
I never understood how the word "clutch" is a positive remark when it comes to sports. It sounds more like a clutch-player is a guy who makes stupid mistakes. It just doesn't sound like a positive word.

Have you never heard the expression "come through in a clutch"?

anofsti

May 14, 2011
It's a synonym to "grip" or "hold". A "clutch" player (or person if it's not sports related) is someone who takes charge of tense situations.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Zuccarello, as an ambassador in the charity foundation "Right to play" have scheduled an exhibition game in Stavanger Norway this summer to raise as much money as possible to children that are victims of war and poverty. The players will mostly be norwegian olympians, but he will try to get som Rangers players to come. So far Carl Hagelin has agreed, but he hopes to get some more Rangers.

Google Translate

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Is Zuccarello much better on the right wing vs the left wing? Think his production says so, without checking it. Going to bed, but expecting to wake up to a 3 point + 3 andbthree stars night for him.
Book it.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Is Zuccarello much better on the right wing vs the left wing? Think his production says so, without checking it. Going to bed, but expecting to wake up to a 3 point + 3 andbthree stars night for him.
Book it.

Zucc seems to be the guy that gets slotted in wherever everyone else does not have to play. Not really a fan of him having to play left wing

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
when was the last time he scored ? must have been like 2 months ago ?

Has not scored in 17 games..... Last goals was his 2 goals against NJ at Yankee Stadium. IMO he played one of his worst games in a long time last night. I would like to see Zucc with Stepan and Nash.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Miller didnt even play third period. Zucc isnt exactly being put into a position to succeed here.

But perhaps this is exactly the situation we need Zucc to be able to deliver in regardless

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Miller didnt even play third period. Zucc isnt exactly being put into a position to succeed here.

But perhaps this is exactly the situation we need Zucc to be able to deliver in regardless

Put Zucc with Nash and Stepan, or at least put the Pouliot-Brassard-Zucc back together.

Vickers8

Thank you! It just sounds different from what it means :)

Anyway, moving on.

Zucc has 50+ points. For a 3rd line player that is more than we could wish for.

Admire his toughness also, he's 1 fearless little guy, MSL could learn by watching him

Wolfy*

He sucks these days. Time to call mom again, he needs some more of that Norwegian meatloaf.

To be honest, AV shouldn't always put Zucc on the ice with players who struggle, or rookies. Miller didn't even play in the 3rd last night, lines become a mess.

Too bad the Poo-Brass-Zucc line was broken up, it was great. What a waste of skill.

Vickers8

He sucks these days. Time to call mom again, he needs some more of that Norwegian meatloaf.

To be honest, AV shouldn't always put Zucc on the ice with players who struggle, or rookies. Miller didn't even play in the 3rd last night, lines become a mess.

Too bad the Poo-Brass-Zucc line was broken up, it was great. What a waste of skill.

Dumb move breaking up our most productive line Zucc-Brass-Pou

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
I still think his hand is bothering him. He seems rather hesitant to take shots on goal.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I still think his hand is bothering him. He seems rather hesitant to take shots on goal.

Might be, but his SH-goal was a really good shot. He wasn´t know for his good shooting before the injury either :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The injury definitely took a toll. I was glad that AV had him out there short handed. His game really gained confidence earlier this season when he got more minutes playing short handed. Despite the slump since the injury somebody on twitter said he has 19 points in his last 19 games. That does not seem possible but I did not have time to check it out.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Book it.

How did you do that?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The injury definitely took a toll.

Small fractures like the one he sustained can be tricky. The fracture itself heals relatively quickly, in the sense that he's able to use his hand effectively. The concerning part is that it can take as much as 6 months before pain from force around the break goes away. The bone is not fully healed yet, so my guess is that he feels it well when he has to power through a shot.

The same concern can now obviously be raised for Kreider, for effective can we actually expect him to be for the playoffs when his injury is more severe.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
Small fractures like the one he sustained can be tricky. The fracture itself heals relatively quickly, in the sense that he's able to use his hand effectively. The concerning part is that it can take as much as 6 months before pain from force around the break goes away. The bone is not fully healed yet, so my guess is that he feels it well when he has to power through a shot.

The same concern can now obviously be raised for Kreider, for effective can we actually expect him to be for the playoffs when his injury is more severe.

I know that sure sources that can not be named is met with skepticism, but Zucc is quite a ways from fully healed - however, his hand is improving, albeit slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad