Mats Zuccarello Awesome (Appreciation thread part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

So he may become an alternate captain this season?

But, as McDonagh said...there are 20 leaders on this team :laugh:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
So he may become an alternate captain this season?

But, as McDonagh said...there are 20 leaders on this team :laugh:

I'd rather Zooks not be a captain. Let him just go enjoy the game without the added pressure. I'd make McD, Girardi, and Staal the captains. They are 3 of the longest tenured guys.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I was considering that but is it 100% needed? I could think of a few guys but I would not want to slight the others.

I suspect Nash is going to be one of the As. Especially cause he came into camp in great shape--shows his committment to the team. Gretzky didn't care when he was here--St. Louis I'm sure doesn't care either.

But, regardless, the team does need to have a forward with a letter.

TurgePurge*

MSL wore the letter tonight over Nash. That shows the pecking order.

Wolfy*

I mean was that really in question?

I guess it is, based on Zucc's words (from the article linked above). Doesn't necessarily mean he's going to wear a letter though.

Should be a leader
Now Vigneault expects even more of him.

- I had a meeting with the coach. He said he expects me to be a leader on and off the ice. I guess that's one of my ambitions, says the Norwegian, who is not afraid of more responsibility.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Sounds like a natural thing to say to a guy that leads any team in scoring. Or to any of the veterans that had big seasons, the kids look up to them, and should be expected to set the standard for everyone else

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Of course Zucc won´t have a letter this season. But if he has a another great run, and signs long term in January, I expect him to get an A on his jersey in a couple of years.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
His play works with anyone on the roster except when he's besides MSL lol. If he had better linemates he can possibly be PPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad