Mats Zuccarello Awesome (Appreciation thread part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surGeon

Mar 4, 2011
Should have had a goal last night too. Intention to blow the whistle should not be able to annul a goal when blowing the whistle would have been the wrong call. The puck just trickles through with no interference from anyone.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Zucc's price tag is rapidly increasing. He's becoming a consistent impact player.

The first shift that he and St Louis were playing together they set a play that blew my mind. The quick, crisp, passing and shot. It was something else.

Can you imagine Boyle centering MZA and MSL? LOL

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
It's no coincidence this team goes 1-3 without him and wins his first game back. Guy has been that good this year and on his way to being a great player.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
It's just a joy to watch the guy. Makes something happen every time he touches the puck. Such vision, such hands, such a high hockey IQ. His presence with Brass and Poo makes the Rangers 3 scoring lines deep.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys, what did you guys think last year when he was rejoining us? I really thought it was going to be a non-factor and I couldn't figure out what all of these Rangers fans that were excited about it were going on about.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Hey guys, what did you guys think last year when he was rejoining us? I really thought it was going to be a non-factor and I couldn't figure out what all of these Rangers fans that were excited about it were going on about.

lol, same. I really liked him his first go around, though. And I did like his game in 11-12 before he got hurt.

Glad he proved the lot of us wrong.

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland

I thought it'd be great to get someone that actually knew how to use the puck and someone with creativity since most of the roster is void of that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I thought it'd be great to get someone that actually knew how to use the puck and someone with creativity since most of the roster is void of that.

I think most of league is void of creativity. Listen to NHL announcers, listen to NHL players, it's always "just get it on net". It's like creativity is for weak Euros or something. Seems discouraged.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I've been on the MZA wagon since he first signed and never jumped off. Resigning him out of Russia was one of my favorite moves.

So glad he's serving the crow.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Zucc had an impact back in 10/11 too. He didn't stand out as much as he does now, but he still made a lot of the same plays. His confidence level and overall strength has gotten a lot better over the years.

And it's funny how he gets back and we start winning again. The guy is a catalyst. Gotta lock him up. You can't let a gem of a player like this get away.

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
He makes his line mates better and also impacts how the team plays overall.
He is also a boss defensively. Notice how hard he backchecks every time.

No other forward in the lineup have such a big impact on the line they play on.
I would be happy if he signs cheap but I think he deserves a high one.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

i was ecstatic from the beginning. I always knew he was a force on offense, but hadn't watched him much... then I realized how stifling Torts was on his offensive players... Yet, he still made a huge impact

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He makes his line mates better and also impacts how the team plays overall.
He is also a boss defensively. Notice how hard he backchecks every time.

No other forward in the lineup have such a big impact on the line they play on.
I would be happy if he signs cheap but I think he deserves a high one.

General board consensus is that he wants the term, not necessarily the $... There's no reason he wouldn't take 4-6 years at ~$4 per. I think that's a steal for someone liek him...

But we know slats like short contracts... so he'll end up with 3yr/$4.25M

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
Anything less than $4mill is a big discount. And he defo should go for a long-time contract now at this age. If i was him, i would go for atleast $4.5x6

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Hell of a setup by Zucc on Klein's goal last night. He was one of the few who didn't nap through the game.

The setup excluded, my favorite moment when was he lost the puck in the offensive zone, then chased the player all the way back to his own defensive zone and retrieved the puck again

atlascopo

Mar 18, 2014
efc741d0aebb11e3b92412046755f21a_8.jpg

In Norway, almost everybody is Zucarello Awesome in training :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad