Mats Zuccarello Awesome (Appreciation thread part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I wonder if it is hard for him to see Pouliot get 5 years and 20 mill on the open market when Zooks led the team in scoring.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
rangers can easily give him the same deal.

but again, pouliot is an UFA...its simply NOT the same situation.

he's also going to the abyss known as Edmonton, they HAVE to overpay, nobody will play there otherwise.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
rangers can easily give him the same deal.

but again, pouliot is an UFA...its simply NOT the same situation.

he's also going to the abyss known as Edmonton, they HAVE to overpay, nobody will play there otherwise.
Also the oilers are pretty stupid giving him that deal. Yes Pouliot had his best year but he was far from spectacular and he played with zucc and brass.

member 116805

Anytjing over 1 year will buy into UFA years. That will matter

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I wonder if it is hard for him to see Pouliot get 5 years and 20 mill on the open market when Zooks led the team in scoring.

Nah I think he is happy for Pouliot.

I believe Zucc needs a powerforward on his line like Kreider, Nash or Pouliot. Thats the problem With this Edmonton deal.

Wolfy*

It actually seems to be the other way around. As reported yesterday, Zucc wants 5 mill per over 4 years.

Otherwise he might just sign 1 yr here and then as a UFA sign where they appreciate his services.

To be honest, I think his agents who are pro and know his market value say something like this...screw the Rangers if they don't pay, don't sign away your prime years for peanuts.

Zucc says...Hey Slats, I'm not cheap anymore, forget it :laugh:

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
It actually seems to be the other way around. As reported yesterday, Zucc wants 5 mill per over 4 years.

Otherwise he might just sign 1 yr here and then as a UFA sign where they appreciate his services.

To be honest, I think his agents who are pro and know his market value say something like this...screw the Rangers if they don't pay, don't sign away your prime years for peanuts.

Zucc says...Hey Slats, I'm not cheap anymore, forget it :laugh:

Seems like you are correct(Norwegian newspaper/article): http://www.vg.no/sport/nhl/lite-penger-igjen-til-zuccarello/a/23244938/

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
So glad we spent money on Tanner Glass instead of locking up Zucc, Sather is the best

IF Zucc chooses arbitration, can they argue for Pouliots contract ? I have a feeling this could get ugly pretty quickly

Last edited:

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
That's true but Edmonton is also a real bad club who can't do something else do anything else than offer crazy money to an attractive FA. Everyone know he chased the money and they offered the most, a contending club would never give that contract to him.

I don't think Zuccarello are have the same intention as Poo at this point in his career, he wants to win and is very happy in NY from all to tell.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
I dont care what you have to do, Slats, you gotta lock this guy up. He is unique, extremely talented, and hasn't enough sack to hold his boulders. You do not develop a growing star and then shaft him for less than a million dollars. Smart asset management would be a long-term contract 3.8 - 4.5 AAV. He is going to be even better next season, his role on this team is to be a top offensive player who plays good/great defense and that is a steal of a contract say like 3 years down the line

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
before the ufa period, the crazy contracts given out all over the League and the cigar smokin' man's thoughts and saying about zuke and the other non contracted talents I figured zuke would get a 3 year deal Worth 10 million (3.33 million per year)

Now I think he'll get a 4 year deal Worth 10 million (2.50 million per year)

What do you guysthink is the most likely contract offered ?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
4x4 or 4x3 seems the most likely, I dont think Zucc will take a smaller contract than that. if negotiations started at 4.5, 500 grand is a big portion to lay on the table. Not to mention Zuccs UFA value will be at 5+ mill if he reproduces or exceeds last years production.

If sather offers a 4x 2.5 contract he needs to be fired asap, thats just an insult

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Is that the going rate for 1 59 point season now?

It's identifying an undervalued player and locking him up long-term so you have a steal of a contract down the road when the cap has risen.

I wanted to extend Zucc and Strålman last summer for 4+ year $3M/year contracts. Both players would easily have accepted them and the deals would've been complete steals right now.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
4x4 or 4x3 seems the most likely, I dont think Zucc will take a smaller contract than that. if negotiations started at 4.5, 500 grand is a big portion to lay on the table. Not to mention Zuccs UFA value will be at 5+ mill if he reproduces or exceeds last years production.

If sather offers a 4x 2.5 contract he needs to be fired asap, thats just an insult

Moulson signed a 5x5 contract With the Sabres. Moulson is Worth more than Zucc, so 3,5 million after one good season is fair. 5 year at 3,5 should be more than enough.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
They're not going to sign him to a one year deal. That would give him UFA status next year.

They may if that one year deal is only a small bump up from what he earned this season, which would save a fair amount of cap space this season as he's not taking $1.5MM/per for 3-4 seasons. It's a risk, but I can see them doing it.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
They may if that one year deal is only a small bump up from what he earned this season, which would save a fair amount of cap space this season as he's not taking $1.5MM/per for 3-4 seasons. It's a risk, but I can see them doing it.

Then Zucc would leave NeXT summer.

Wolfy*

They're not going to sign him to a one year deal. That would give him UFA status next year.

Well then they're gonna have to come up with the money. Otherwise he'll sign his last season as RFA, and then get the heck outta here ;)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
So glad we spent money on Tanner Glass instead of locking up Zucc, Sather is the best

IF Zucc chooses arbitration, can they argue for Pouliots contract ? I have a feeling this could get ugly pretty quickly

They have the money to lock up Zucc. He's an rfa so he's being treated as an rfa. Not unusual at all.

And no, arbitration won't care about what a UFA got in comparison to what Zucc will get as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad