Mats Zuccarello Awesome (Appreciation thread part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dude is a ****ing tank.

And the best part is, his center of gravity allows him to shift and dodge defenders with ease, despite being an average skater.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Zucc in the gym a couple of days ago. Cool shirt, I need to get one of those :)

10554156_343525005806458_1251070724_n.jpg

Dan heck is that shirt?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Dude is a ****ing tank.

And the best part is, his center of gravity allows him to shift and dodge defenders with ease, despite being an average skater.

He is in much better physical shape than I gave him credit for. In the playoffs he flat out leveled several guys including Wayne Simmonds multiple times. I thought it was the timing of the checks but now I realize he is in very good shape as well.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Zuccarello is one of those guys I can see ending up with a letter one day if he stays loyal to the Rangers.

Alternate captaincies are somewhat symbolic in nature but it would be a nice gesture.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I could be wrong, but I remember reading that he owns a few car dealerships in Norway, and that his family was pretty wealthy. I also read a Swedish translation a few weeks ago that quoted him saying that term was a lot more important to him than the cap-hit. But I'm not sure if that report was one of those typical translations that gets taken out of context.

I read the most about Zucc in Norwegian media, and never heard of no car dealership.
He was indeed sponsored by Subaru this season though.
The Hagelins are wealthy besides hockey though.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
I read the most about Zucc in Norwegian media, and never heard of no car dealership.
He was indeed sponsored by Subaru this season though.
The Hagelins are wealthy besides hockey though.

His mother is a hairdresser, his step father is a housepainter. He grew up in an area known for it's many cardealerships, but they certainly didn't own any of them. As much working class as any Norwegian, which makes it even more impressive that he is willing to accept a lower salary for Rangers to sign others (e.g. Stepan last year) and get a shot at the cup. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of the same from Hank.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Despite scoring 19 goals, a lot of them were "messy" goals with lucky bounces and deflections. But he has a couple of beauties.

My favorite is this one against Pittsburgh in the 2-5 loss in January. A wicked snipe:
[nhl]2013020623-602-a[/nhl]

Then of course his signature goal against Ottawa

But his best plays are his setups.

Lob pass to Stepan against Pittsburgh:
[NHL]2013020226-100-h[/NHL]

Beautiful backhand pass to Stepan against Carolina:
[NHL]2013020205-656-h[/NHL]

No look pass to Carcillo i Playoffs:
[NHL]2013030147-272-h[/NHL]

He also played great in the outdoor games. Look at this video. First he does most of the work that leads to the 2-1 goal by Brassard. Then in his next shift he explodes, and makes an unbelievable play to Strålman who can´t score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5b-79WzOw&t=126m10s

Fast foward to 2:06:10 and watch about 2 and a half minutes:

Last edited:

nasmis

Feb 1, 2011

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Mats Zuccarello, the new king of fashion at the Rangers? :)

http://www.side2.no/mote/slik-har-du-aldri-sett-zuccarello/8472237.html

- This is a "happy deal". Don't even know if there's any cash involved. says Stahlnacke, shareholder of the cash cow called Moods of Norway. Somebody should be giving Zuke a business lecture and some hints on his market value, and preferably not the same person / agent that advised him to enter the Unibet deal. Cool thing to promote Norwegian fashion and all, but these guys are all business and can pay for it. Could make them contribute to the Zuccarello fund maybe as a replacement of Unibet?

Guffawstev

Apr 26, 2012
http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vint...-som-fikk-zuccarello-til-a-flire/8472570.html

Google:

Belief in McDonagh

One of the major supporter blogs have highlighted Mats Zuccarello as a good candidate to get a C for "captain" on the chest, and a brilliant candidate to get an A for "alternate captain" (It is common for teams in the NHL have one C and two A's, ed. note.).

- It's nice, but I doubt very strongly that I get a C on his chest. A too, for that matter. But it's nice to be mentioned, then, grinning Mats Zuccarello when online newspaper takes up the subject.

Oslo The boy is probably not among the hottest candidates.

- Who is the natural captain?

- I think there are many on the team. Based on the future, it might be Ryan McDonagh. You have several who have been in the club long. Dan Girardi. Marc Staal. It's hard to say one. If you ask who I believe, I have faith that it can be McDonagh, in that he has signed a long term contract and is one of our leaders on the ice.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I fell down the wormhole of watching Zucc videos for a bit this afternoon.

What a player.

I really hope he continues his production and they extend him. He's such a Ranger IMO, a guy who was supposed to have a lower ceiling, and who just willed himself through it with hard work - just like Hank, just like Girardi, just like Callahan, who despite not being here now, was/is a prototypical Ranger in so many ways.

Also, watching some of those highlights, it's obvious that we don't have anybody with Zucc's vision. Some of those passes are/were absolutely unreal - the lob to Step against PITT, the no-look backhand to Carcillo against PHI. Forget this team, there are few players in the entire league who can make plays like that.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 21m
ICYMI: @MSGNetworks is off shooting #MSGBeginnings with @zuccarello36. #NYR #ZUUUUUUUUUCC pic.twitter.com/LFODN2DKNb

Sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->