Matheson punches Pettersson in the head from behind, body slams him to the ice. Pettersson concussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Agreed. Buff's been a nicer guy since he went on a suspension spree though for the most part. You can tell he holds back a lot unless he's jousting with someone his size like Reaves. Then he puts Reaves on his butt lol
I didn't mean to pick on Byfuglien. Happens with Chara too.

Being stronger than everyone else doesn't excuse you from the consequences of your actions. Just like being smaller doesn't mean there should be no consequences from something that someone stronger does to you.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
What a loser, hit him, sure but what’s the point of slamming him to the ice like that.

Pathetic

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
holy shit we are such a garbage ass organization.

"To grind out that win, with that much composure and will to win, is huge. We were down some players and we pulled it out"

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The slam was a disgusting act of violence that should be out of the game by now.

The lack of response from the Canucks was arguably more disgusting.

Matheson should get MINIMUM a game for this. Should be 3-5.

That is a reckless play. Stick between Pettersson's legs, choke slam to the ice with no care for the player's safety.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
The hit itself wasnt dirty but with that said Gudbranson or Roussel should have bashed Matheson's skull

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It shouldn't be a suspension, this is coming from a Vancouver fan

That response from Vancouver is embarrassing.
Really a PR disaster. Pettersson has twice as many points as anyone on Vancouver

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
If slamming your head into the ice is enough to suffer a possible concussion is being broken and means you shouldn't be in the league, there wouldn't be anyone left to play the games.

Oh ffs...his shoulder was the point of contact on the ice and man up and learn to break your fall if you are made of glass.

MAN. UP.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The concussion is from Matheson f***ing punching EP in the head with his left hand

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Where in the world do u see a choke slam there... he threw the check and pushed him down!!!! Thats a dam hockey hit.....thats what happens when you are tiny!!! Good hit move on. League wont do anything.
He gives him a clean rock bottom, again if it’s such a routine hit please find another like it

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
Lol Vancouver is the p***yest team in the league. Rest of you teams can push us around and hit our young players. Don't worry we won't do anything.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
The slam was a disgusting act of violence that should be out of the game by now.

The lack of response from the Canucks was arguably more disgusting.

Matheson should get MINIMUM a game for this. Should be 3-5.

That is a reckless play. Stick between Pettersson's legs, choke slam to the ice with no care for the player's safety.
We don't know what the Canucks saw or if it was even replayed on the jumbotron. It was also a one goal game. Not the time you want to risk going shorthanded.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Seemed like a solid body check to me. Unfortunate injury IMO, but I really dont see anything dirty.

Worse things are done on the ice

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Won't be a suspension but I'd be disappointed if my team didn't react to a play like that on a star player, just earlier today Donato got hit a little high and Wagner flies across the ice to beat up Jensen for it. It makes the team feel more like a family than just a collection of dudes playing some hockey.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
3rd period in a one goal game.

I get it. I don't like it, but I get why nobody went after him.

At the time it was a tie game. Matheson's next shift the Canucks scored. Seems like redemption to me. But many meatheads on these boards would rather see blood than victory. Willing to win a small battle at the cost of the bigger war. Payback should come next game. Absolutely the right call by the Canucks. Has nothing to do with "toughness".

Reactions: cadillaccts

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
We don't know what the Canucks saw or if it was even replayed on the jumbotron. It was also a one goal game. Not the time you want to risk going shorthanded.
Roussel said in an interview after the game that they deliberately didn't physically respond cause they wanted to focus on getting two points instead.

Retaliating when your teenage rookie phenom gets injured off a stupid, reckless play by the opposing player >>>>>>>>>>> 2 points.

Hell, you can do both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad