Matheson punches Pettersson in the head from behind, body slams him to the ice. Pettersson concussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
If that is enough to break Pattersson, than maybe he should go back to the AHL and not return until he puts on a bit of muscle.
If slamming your head into the ice is enough to suffer a possible concussion is being broken and means you shouldn't be in the league, there wouldn't be anyone left to play the games.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Lol there’s a difference between finishing a check and choke slamming a player to the ice after a hit when they’re in a vulnerable position, anyways gonna stop feeding you your clearly trolling
Where in the world do u see a choke slam there... he threw the check and pushed him down!!!! Thats a dam hockey hit.....thats what happens when you are tiny!!! Good hit move on. League wont do anything.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
If that is enough to break Pattersson, than maybe he should go back to the AHL and not return until he puts on a bit of muscle.

He got his legs taken out and was slammed to the ice. It's not a hockey play at all, and I don't care if you or anyone else thinks "well it's okay because Marner survived his first few seasons" as if it somehow has any bearing on the dirtyness of this play.

Reactions: Vman and Xanlet

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I'm pretty sure Polak finished hits like this last season. It happens with the stronger guys, but this is obviously a horrible result.

The hit was fine but his shove perhaps deserved a roughing penalty.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Petterson got man handled, hope he's okay.

Should have been 2 minutes for roughing, don't think it's suspension worthy.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
To go back to the AHL he would have had to been in the AHL at some point, nice try though.

He got can openered and thrown to the ice. Not much he could do in that situation even if he was 10-15 pounds heavier.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
He got his legs taken out and was slammed to the ice. It's not a hockey play at all, and I don't care if you or anyone else thinks "well it's okay because Marner survived his first few seasons" as if it somehow has any bearing on the dirtyness of this play.
Or that it's excusable because Pettersson is slight. That's as bad as the Byfuglien is just stronger than everyone excuse.

Reactions: Foppberg

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
How are you tanking as a team and you don't have gritty vets that prevent this sort of stuff from happening to your young guys?

Uncalled for by Matheson and I don't know how I feel about a suspension, but the Canucks should've taken care of it themselves.

Reactions: McClelland

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Or that it's excusable because Pettersson is slight. That's as bad as the Byfuglien is just stronger than everyone excuse.
Agreed. Buff's been a nicer guy since he went on a suspension spree though for the most part. You can tell he holds back a lot unless he's jousting with someone his size like Reaves. Then he puts Reaves on his butt lol

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
I don't think it's suspension worthy but it's most definitely unnecessary and dirty. The intent was there.

Typical Canucks luck. Rarely do we have a young player with promise, but when we do he'll most certainly get taken out by a borderline dirty play.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
that's a situation where the nucks have to go after matheson but with the score being 3-2 I think they were a little too focused

Reactions: peatmoss

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Looks like a solid play to me by Matheson. Unfortunate result. Being talented doesnt mean a free pass when it comes to the rough stuff.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
How is that not a penalty? There’s a good camera angle from farther away and you can see the puck being passed across ice out in the front of the net. It’s nowhere near to being a “hockey play.” That’s not finishing your check. That’s just straight roughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad