Matheson punches Pettersson in the head from behind, body slams him to the ice. Pettersson concussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
clean hit.
unnecessary throw down.

also matheson isn't a plug. i'm actually surprised he was able to throw a player down like that, if pettersson wasn't 90 pounds this play wouldn't even have happened.

if it has to be a suspension i'd say 1 game to send a message, no need to toss a kid like that

So are you saying that NHL players should go easy on some players because they are young and small?

Really?

Mar 26, 2010
Says a guy who probably loves Marner.

Leaf fans really get their rocks off bashing anything Canucks. Insecure fanbase. If you think driving a player into the ice is clean that's pretty sad.
Get their rocks off? Come on man.

I hope the kid is ok. I don’t like to see any player injured on the ice. That being said, the hit looked clean, and he finished his check. Pettersson needs to get in the gym and get stronger. If not there will be a lot more of that.

Reactions: jj cale

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Matheson is not that big of a guy either. Doesn't clear the 200 pound mark. Still has 20 pounds on Pettersson and it showed. Don't like to see the body slam. The initial hit was enough and clean.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
At this point I'm not even that mad about the hit, and the extra stuff, I'm tried of this garbage ass organization never standing up to it's important players.

Our dogshit coach TG thinks a meaningless win 5 games into the season against an eastern opponent is worth more than deterring and protecting Pettersson and our young players from this kind of garbage. Boeser was hit head-first into the boards in a game last year, nobody even challenged.

This franchise is paying over 10+ million to those that were brought in to help in that regard and yet are nowhere to be found. If this was any other young player, I would still be mad but we are talking about a teenage franchise player who's the sole reason we have 3 wins at the moment and has 5 goals in 5 games and 8 pts...

Not watching any game until Pettersson returns, if he's even out. This franchise is such a joke, and I sometimes wonder why I continue to be a fan of such garbage.

Mar 26, 2010
Practically any player in the league could pick Marner up and slam his head to the ice, too. Does that mean Marner shouldn't be playing in the NHL? I'd like to hear an honest answer.
You are not going to lure me into a Marner arguement here. This thread is about Pettersson.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I’m saying it was malicious and didn’t defend Bertuzzi. I suspect I’m not in the minority, and that you’re thus talking out your ass.
I guess I'm just not a baby and understand that its a contact sport(which I've been playing for 37 years.
You are in the minority and the league will probably agree that it was not suspension worthy.

Welcome to the NHL EP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->