Rumor: Matheson Maybe? Horny - Hold On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Cool. Sceviour is a great fit for our team, on a great contract and adds some of that sandpaper and fire we’ve been lacking outside of Tanev. As for Matheson, I’m going to continue being positive and thinking how he might fit really well alongside Marino. Matheson was really really good not so long ago and is young enough to find that again, while Pettersson is best suited to third-pair duties at this point. I’m also confident that this trade guarantees JJ is gone. We got a lot faster with this trade, and that is an ideology I would be happy for us to be going back to.

Zucker-Crosby-Kapanen
Guentzel-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Haula-Tanev
Lafferty-Blueger-Sceviour
Poulin, Johnson

Dumoulin-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Pettersson-Riikola
POJ, Ruhwedel

Jarry
DeSmith

I like that A LOT.

Also the only alternative to blind optimism is crippling depression, so...

If Murray can free you of JJ then this is palatable I guess. If not its garbage.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think this trade also likely opens up more money for JR to go big at center. You're not going to be spending $3.5 million to sign someone like Fast now that you've acquired Sceviour. If Pettersson gets moved, which is what I'm expecting to happen, you suddenly have like $6 million in cap space immediately. If the dream scenario of JJ gets moved, you have $5 million in cap space plus your bottom pair is set with Pettersson-Riikola.

Interesting way to spell Ruhwedel.

Reactions: Still Apps

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
McCann - Bleuger - Tanev is a line I guess.
If McCann and Bleuger take steps forward, could be a decent third line, but not a great third line. If this is what they're rolling out I'd want something more than ZAR-Lafferty-Sciveor as the fourth line.

Preference would be to add a better RW to that line.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't think hes played C. or atleast not much.
Like I stated, he's a Winger and Center. Takes about 100-150 draws per season it seems which should tell you, it's not a permanent assignment, at most, spot duty.

He's just security there, I would wager he's likely the 4th liner to fill in for ZAR like I mentioned before...

Tanev, Blueger, Sceviour as the 4th line while @ColePens ' fav player remains out with injury. If any of the C's get hurt, he's played it before where he wouldn't be a bad option but only on the 4th line, if he's our 3C at any point, fire the team, burn the arena down, and act like this team never existed.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think this trade also likely opens up more money for JR to go big at center. You're not going to be spending $3.5 million to sign someone like Fast now that you've acquired Sceviour. If Pettersson gets moved, which is what I'm expecting to happen, you suddenly have like $6 million in cap space immediately. If the dream scenario of JJ gets moved, you have $5 million in cap space plus your bottom pair is set with Pettersson-Riikola.

Or it opens up space to sign Tanev after you move Petts. Then your bottom pairing is JJ - Tanev and your screwed for 3 years.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
What do you guys think is going to happen with Letang? I read an article that he believes he’s going to get traded but I don’t see it making sense for Pitt.

He’s going to be playing great hockey and then get hurt right around the halfway point of the season. Like always.

Dude’s not getting traded.

Reactions: Dominance

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Florida fan:
Matheson is risky, but his upper level talent is great. Hope he turns it around.

Be happy with Sceviour: he's a great 4RW that can play anywhere in the lineup in the pinch. There were times we had him on the first and second line and he wasn't visibly terrible. Great PKer too: he usually played on our top pairing. I'm guessing he was part of the trade for some money reasons (we have some prospects who can take his place) and because he is a great PKer who adds value for your team :)

Reactions: dogthateats

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
And frankly, I love that pair on paper and am really intrigued to see how Matheson can improve in the role. That is perhaps the most mobile D pair that the Penguins have had in a really long time.
Hope is always eternal for Penguin fans. Why do we always think we can shine up other team's turds? That magically being on the Penguins fixes all defensemen.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Mario Lemieux is telling Rutherford to dump as much salary as He can anyways..He owns the team and does not want them to go through bankruptcy again.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I hate that line is what I was saying.
Oh, I know, didn't go over my head. I'm saying I don't think it would be a terrible line IF 2/3rds of it take a (half) step forward.

Just let me try to be optimistic about something, will you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad