Rumor: Matheson Maybe? Horny - Hold On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think that GMJR has flashes of lucidity but this year has been painful and it looks like the balance has tipped the other way.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If this deal falls apart, Lemieux and Burkle need to pull JR away from the reigns. This deal would be atrocious.

I have heard multiple say that Matheson could go the way of Justin Schultz. As true as that may be, and how much skill he does have, SIX f***ING YEARS AT ALMOST 5M DOLLARS FOR A BOTTOM PAIRING DEFENSEMAN.

How in the world does that put the franchise in a better position?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hornqvist not being traded because his contract isn't insured is a really shitty outcome, but I'm not sure if it's more shitty or less shitty than the alternatives I'm expecting.

If these are the 3 options:

1. Keep Hornqvist because no one will want to trade for him without insurance on his contract and not have cap space to make any changes
2. Trade him for Matheson and sign Fast in free agency
3. Trade him for the kind of 3rd line winger you can probably get for him and sign Tanev in free agency

None of those are good options.

If this deal falls apart, Lemieux and Burkle need to pull JR away from the reigns. This deal would be atrocious.

I have heard multiple say that Matheson could go the way of Justin Schultz. As true as that may be, and how much skill he does have, SIX f***ING YEARS AT ALMOST 5M DOLLARS FOR A BOTTOM PAIRING DEFENSEMAN.

How in the world does that put the franchise in a better position?

The deal included salary retention if you want to believe Rossi and Matheson is a middle pair D, not a bottom pair D.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Hornqvist not being traded because his contract isn't insured is a really shitty outcome, but I'm not sure if it's more shitty or less shitty than the alternatives I'm expecting.

If these are the 3 options:

1. Keep Hornqvist because no one will want to trade for him without insurance on his contract and not have cap space to make any changes
2. Trade him for Matheson and sign Fast in free agency
3. Trade him for the kind of 3rd line winger you can probably get for him and sign Tanev in free agency

None of those are good options.

The deal included salary retention if you want to believe Rossi and Matheson is a middle pair D, not a bottom pair D.
Eh, you can hold and maybe trade at the deadline once we know what the world is like: if fans are coming back, contract is less bad for a contender.

Rumour is Ekblads available, can we counter with Rust, Petterson and a 1st we don't have?
Florida fans will say this to you: you don't want to provide Ekblad will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->