Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I used to watch a lot more of Emergency Awesome, but he started pumping out way too many clickbait videos and it trained me to stop watching his stuff because I knew it was probably nonsense. Mr. Sunday Movies is always fun, but they don't really dig into the minutiae of the comic source material. Moviebob is occasionally interesting even though he is a legit psycho. Don't know of many others who have a quick turnaround on this stuff...but also i'm not that hyped about this stuff except for right after its announced and right after it releases.

Based on whats announced, Dr. Strange, who's debut film I didnt even go to the theatre to see, is at the top of my hype list, while the sequel to one of my favourite MCU movies is near the bottom.

Grace's takes are far too often completely ridiculous for her to be taken "seriously" by the comic book community. There's a reason she's laughed/hated at the superherohype.com forums. Her box office analysis are worthy of a watch usually but she just misses the mark completely in so many comic book related areas despite having been in it (wrote her own comic book series).

Last edited:
Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Didn't they mention Wandavision leads into Dr. Strange's movie?

I like that they're doing the TV series because it gives them more time to flesh out these characters and makes the phases quicker to lead up to the next big movie event.

I wonder instead of titling "Avengers" they end up doing something like "Marvel Studios presents Secret Wars, House of M, Kree - Skrulls war, etc." as the big payoff.

I think the language I saw used referenced how the series will develop Wanda's character.

My guess is that whatever shift in character she undergoes, in the film, someone will summarize it. If you watch the series though, you get to see the journey fleshed out. There will be enough Easter eggs to reward people who watch the series though.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The WandaVision series is the one I am most excited for.

But quite frankly I am excited for all of them. Winter Soldier series should be great as well.

Hawkeye is probably the only one I'm not all that interested in. I've just never been all that huge of a fan of his character and personally dont see a tonne of content coming from him that would interest me.

The Loki one interests me in how they plan to go about doing it. I suspect the fact it comes out right after Multiverse of Madness that it might have to do with an alternative universe or timeline or whatever Loki and could be the first big introduction of an alternative universe character coming into play.

I'm excited either way and after 10+ years of MCU content I have full trust in these guys to surpass my expectations on everything coming up from the Disney+ stuff right to the movies. It's a cash cow for Disney but part of why its such a cash cow is because they really do an exceptional job with this stuff, they spend a lot of money making sure they make that money and more back.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Who shows up first in the MCU? X-Men or Star Jammers/Imperial Guard?

I think with all the cosmic stuff in these releases we may see Gladiator before Wolverine.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Who shows up first in the MCU? X-Men or Star Jammers/Imperial Guard?

I think with all the cosmic stuff in these releases we may see Gladiator before Wolverine.

F4. By they way, if Anson Mount was 5 years younger, I think he'd make a great Reed Richards. The popular rumor/wish seems to be John Krasinkis and Emily Blunt as Reed and Sue Richards. I'd probably be fine with that.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
F4. By they way, if Anson Mount was 5 years younger, I think he'd make a great Reed Richards. The popular rumor/wish seems to be John Krasinkis and Emily Blunt as Reed and Sue Richards. I'd probably be fine with that.

Would love to see an Ultimate F4 route to get a Maker / Reed Richards as an overarching bad guy.

Or we have Vampires with Blade, so get the Ultimate story line where Reed opens a portal to the Zombie World.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Might be forgetting something here but how exactly did Odin already have an Infinity Gauntlet in his vault, in Ragnarok?

Was it not custom made to fit Thanos' massive hand? Or did Odin have a similar one made by the elves in case he ever acquired all 6 stones.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Might be forgetting something here but how exactly did Odin already have an Infinity Gauntlet in his vault, in Ragnarok?

Was it not custom made to fit Thanos' massive hand? Or did Odin have a similar one made by the elves in case he ever acquired all 6 stones.

Odin tried to acquire all the stones before and had an infinity guntlet made to handle the stones.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
From what it sounds like, Fiege and co really got their way (thankfully) throughout the Infinity Saga despite the Disney execs trying to intervene. I remember reading Disney really did not want Civil War to end the way it did...they wanted Cap/Tony to team up again...but the Russos stood their ground. I am sure there are a lot of examples like that.

My guess is that the shows are Disneys way of saying "we let you do what you wanted, now you have to do this for us". I am worried about overreach from the disney execs...but I guess as long as they stay out of the actual story telling it isnt a big deal.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Got my End Game bluray. :thumbu:

Gonna watch the last half hour or so of IW on Netflix and then go right into End Game. :popcorn:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Reports out there that Sony and Marvel failed to reach an agreement to co-produce Spiderman and that he's out of the MCU.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
giphy.gif

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Cant wait for more craptacular sony spiderman movies. Because Venom was such a great indication that they know what they're doing.

If I'm feige I do this: dont delete spiderman from the MCU, push him back and wait for Sony's spiderman movies to bomb like the amazing series did. Then they come back to the negotiation table.

I wouldn't be surprised now if you see the X-Men and Fantastic Four bumped up the timeline a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad