Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Yeah you probably want to watch that

I thought he was on the planet with Thanos but that was Star-Lord I was thinking of. Come to think of it I don't remember him being in IW at all. So yeah that is a movie I definitely have to watch this weekend

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I thought he was on the planet with Thanos but that was Star-Lord I was thinking of. Come to think of it I don't remember him being in IW at all. So yeah that is a movie I definitely have to watch this weekend

If all you want to know is what happened to Ant-Man during IW, just look up the post-credit scene for Ant-Man and The Wasp. The rest of the movie has nothing to do with IW (it is decent enough though)

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Not necessarily related to the MCU but I don’t know if there’s an X-Men thread...

Just came across the BBC television series, “The White Queen”. It’s a historical drama about the War of the Roses. The screenwriter’s name? Emma Frost. What are the odds?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Haha crazy theory that Hugh Jackman is in End Game because of a google search. So if you search "Hugh Jackman famous movies" for some reason End Game shows up on the list if you click to the right three or four times. It still there this morning but likely due to a glitch with the algorithm. But imagine the fanboy reaction if he does show up for a seen as Wolverine with Banner/Hulk! Making his MCU debute like in the comics, against the Hulk.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I'm really surprised by the praise Black Panther received. Maybe (probably) I'm an uncultured swine, but I thought it was just an OK movie. I found the villain super forgettable, and feel like the plot never really took off. Chadwick Boseman seems like he fits the role like a glove though, and I think he is a great addition to the Avengers Cast.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
everyone knows the reason why

Its a good movie, but not great and not the best of the MCU. Infinity War was much more deserving of a best picture nod, but Oscar bait is Oscar bait

Yeah, Infinity War is not only the better comic book movie but a movie in general. Black Panther was still good. I understand how hard it is to pitch a movie that requires the viewers to have seen around 10 movies to understand what's going on of the characters motivations etc. Maybe Avengers 4 next year?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Yeah, Infinity War is not only the better comic book movie but a movie in general. Black Panther was still good. I understand how hard it is to pitch a movie that requires the viewers to have seen around 10 movies to understand what's going on of the characters motivations etc. Maybe Avengers 4 next year?

fair point.

though I'd say Infinity War doesnt drop you in blind as bad as it seems.

Everyone knows who Iron Man, Spiderman and Captain America are by now

They start the movie by introducing Thanos and showing his strength in the Hulk fight

They immediately have exposition explaining what the infinity stones are and their power

Then jump to good guys trying to stop the bad guys.

Yes you do lose some of the nuance and inside jokes if you havent followed the MCU, but someone who hasnt could watch Infinity War and follow it

Reactions: irunthepeg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any possibility of Captain Marvel joining Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 with possible Jude Law's character also returning? Don't know how much Captain Marvel joined them in the comic books if at all...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Any possibility of Captain Marvel joining Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 with possible Jude Law's character also returning? Don't know how much Captain Marvel joined them in the comic books if at all...

Though Feige confirmed they'll use James Gunn's script, I wouldn't be surprised if CM 2 came before Guardians 3.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Though Feige confirmed they'll use James Gunn's script, I wouldn't be surprised if CM 2 came before Guardians 3.
Is it confirmed or any substantial rumours we're getting CM2? Or are you making a point that GotG III is on hiatus for a good long while?

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
She had her story on the Cosmic side which included being raped by her own future son? Weird stuff like that. Otherwise she's pretty much been Earth bound. I don't think she ever did anything with the Guardians.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
She had her story on the Cosmic side which included being raped by her own future son? Weird stuff like that. Otherwise she's pretty much been Earth bound. I don't think she ever did anything with the Guardians.
Interesting, one arc I did read when it came to comic books was Raven from DC and when her demon father took control of the Earth so it sounds like Captain Marvel might be Marvel's equivalent of that sort of weirdness.

Curious question, did Hulk and Thor ever have their duo in the comic books as they had in Ragnarok? I ask because if they did not, I wonder if they could do the same and create a new duo between characters' where Kree with Jude Law does something where GotG and Marvel have to join together to stop.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Interesting, one arc I did read when it came to comic books was Raven from DC and when her demon father took control of the Earth so it sounds like Captain Marvel might be Marvel's equivalent of that sort of weirdness.

Curious question, did Hulk and Thor ever have their duo in the comic books as they had in Ragnarok? I ask because if they did not, I wonder if they could do the same and create a new duo between characters' where Kree with Jude Law does something where GotG and Marvel have to join together to stop.

long story short, yeah they fight all the time

Thor vs Hulk: 15 Biggest Fights in Comics

Reactions: S E P H
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad