Better player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Dont reply after what you just wrote. Marner is the furthest thing from a one-dimensional winger
^^^

hes a wizard with the puck, has insane hockey IQ, is a gifted playmaker, has the speed to hang with the best, and is so dynamic out there. even manages to be rather solid defensively. marner is a good hockey player.

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
So let me get this straight, Draisaitl is only 2 points behind Marner, historically has scored more in both the past 2 seasons, on a much worse team, is bigger, will be signed for cheaper, and has to spend part of his ice time centering 2 scrubs while Marner is 100% attached to Tavares hip. Yet despite all this its Marner AINEC?

Also Leafs fan love to bring up goalscoring and its importance in Matthews debates, yet none of them mention Draisaitl 22 tallies to Marner's 13. Funny how that works. Leafs fans love nothing more than 1-way streets.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Marner.

Though if you consider their contracts probably Draisaitl. Marner will likely be getting ~2-3M more and on a shorter deal.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Why? When one player does virtually everything better, why go with the other guy whose only really good as a compliment?

And why do Oilers fans have such an inferiority complex? #letstalk

Virtually everything better? :Laugh:

Only good as a compliment :laugh:

You're out of touch. There's no inferiority complex, we're just sick of people like you overrating your stars and underrating ours.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Virtually everything better? :Laugh:

Only good as a compliment :laugh:

You're out of touch. There's no inferiority complex, we're just sick of people like you overrating your stars and underrating ours.
Draisaitl has a better shot. What else?

He hasn’t been the same player without McDavid? That’s almost indisputable?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I personally think Marner is ever so slightly better than Draisaitl (like microns better) but LMFAO to those discredit Draisaitl because he plays with McDavid and act like John f***ing Tavares isnt influencing Marners production.
Not to mention playing for the 4th highest scoring team, having a ppg dman and other star players like Mathews, Nylander, Kadri and Kapanen.

In Edmonton it is literally all on 3 guys to carry the team, and Draisaitl is doing a pretty great job currently sitting at #3 in goals and #8 in points.

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Draisaitl has a better shot. What else?

He hasn’t been the same player without McDavid? That’s almost indisputable?

Draisaitl is also the better passer and is a smarter player, he also has a physical edge he can turn on at anytime.
Marner is more skilled and is a better skater.

Both are nearly equal players.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Draisaitl is also the better passer and is a smarter player, he also has a physical edge he can turn on at anytime.
Marner is more skilled and is a better skater.

Both are nearly equal players.
Very, very questionable. To each their own, I just don’t see it.

I place Marner top 5-7 for IQ/smarts and passing/play making. I’d rate Draisaitl well behind in both categories.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Very, very questionable. To each their own, I just don’t see it.

I place Marner top 5-7 for IQ/smarts and passing/play making. I’d rate Draisaitl well behind in both categories.

Draisaitl is an elite passer, he is easily among the best in the league. Western conference fans know this. Hate to call someone out but this post reeks of someone who has never really watch Draisaitl play except for a game here or there. He is literally all high IQ and passing.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Draisaitl is an elite passer, he is easily among the best in the league. Western conference fans know this. Hate to call someone out but this post reeks of someone who has never really watch Draisaitl play except for a game here or there. He is literally all high IQ and passing.
I’m not a leaf or oilers fan but I’ve lived in Toronto my entire life. I watch them more than any other team.

Connor McDavid alone is the reason after many years I subscribed to centre ice again.

I haven’t watched the oilers as much as the leafs, but I have watched at least 30-35 oilers games this season.

Passing ability is massively in favour of Marner for sure.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I’m not minimizing his ability at all, I just think Mitch Marner is in a pretty elite category when it comes to IQ/vision and passing/playmaking.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
So let me get this straight, Draisaitl is only 2 points behind Marner, historically has scored more in both the past 2 seasons, on a much worse team, is bigger, will be signed for cheaper, and has to spend part of his ice time centering 2 scrubs while Marner is 100% attached to Tavares hip. Yet despite all this its Marner AINEC?

Also Leafs fan love to bring up goalscoring and its importance in Matthews debates, yet none of them mention Draisaitl 22 tallies to Marner's 13. Funny how that works. Leafs fans love nothing more than 1-way streets.
Marner was just as good beginning second half of last year with naz. Bring up all the facts if you are going to attack a post. Don't pick and choose shit.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Made yourself seem even more clueless by calling Marner one dimensional. What dimension is that? His amazing hockey vision, great playmaking, great edge work, solid penalty killing? Clueless.

When Drai was centering his own line the Oilers stunk pal, he couldn’t drive his line so they put him back with McDavid to drive up the offense but sure I don’t watch the Oilers lol.
McDavid's line doesn't score either if Draisait or RNH are not on it pal. Who does Draisaitl play with when he does not play with McDavid pal? Draisaitl only gets to play with one decent offensive player ever (McDavid) and they are not on the same line every game pal. He still has as more points this season then Marner pal.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I’m not minimizing his ability at all, I just think Mitch Marner is in a pretty elite category when it comes to IQ/vision and passing/playmaking.

Fair enough. But Draisaitl isnt "well-behind" being a top 5 passer/IQ he is imo in the top10 league wide in that category, ahead of Marner.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I’m not a leaf or oilers fan but I’ve lived in Toronto my entire life. I watch them more than any other team.

Connor McDavid alone is the reason after many years I subscribed to centre ice again.

I haven’t watched the oilers as much as the leafs, but I have watched at least 30-35 oilers games this season.

Passing ability is massively in favour of Marner for sure.

As someone who watches ~15-20 leafs games a year since Mathews + Marner entered the league I disagree. As I mentioned I love Marner, think he is slightly better than Leon. He was the guy I wanted in 2015 pre-lottery, Ive been a fan of his for a while and hes one of my favourite non Oilers players ... I see a lot of him. Draisaitl for me is the slightly smarter player and easily the better passer.

Reactions: koyvoo

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
McDavid's line doesn't score either if Draisait or RNH are not on it pal. Who does Draisaitl play with when he does not play with McDavid pal? Draisaitl only gets to play with one decent offensive player ever (McDavid) and they are not on the same line every game pal. He still has as more points this season then Marner pal.

Oh ya? Is that why Alex Chiasson and Patrick Maroon all of a sudden became relatively good goal scorers?

Of course he does, McDavid props him up. It’s been beaten to death...Draisatl for long stretches can’t carry a line, it’s why the Oilers have to put him with McDavid. Most competent coaches would spread their offense around if they could....pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad